• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: NM-ISM MVC:I launch tournament, SCR, EGX, CEOTAKU, TGS

kewlmyc

Have you missed all the Asian Rashids wrecking havoc overseas?

A rashido ended second in EGX literally this morning.

This is the first major I've watched since EVO. Before then, I only really watched top 8 of CapcomFighters streams of every other occasional major. I did actively watch the US circuit in Season 1 though. Never really saw much of Rashid.

Guess I need to start watching the Asian circuits.

This is the first major I've watched since EVO. Before then, I only really watched top 8 of CapcomFighters streams of every other occasional major. I did actively watch the US circuit in Season 1 though. Never really saw much of Rashid.

Guess I need to start watching the Asian circuits.

Yeah Rashid top usage really exploded in the tournaments after EVO. Oilking has always been good though.

kewlmyc

Yeah Rashid top usage really exploded in the tournaments after EVO. Oilking has always been good though.

Looking at his Capcom Tour page, the only thing I'd seen him at was EVO or Final Round 20, which he wasn't in top 8 or top 16, so I would have never seen him. Will look up youtube vids of him.

Looking at his Capcom Tour page, the only thing I'd seen him at was EVO or Final Round 20, which he wasn't in top 8 or top 16, so I would have never seen him. Will look up youtube vids of him.

Check out Manila Cup top 8. Three of the best Rashids in the world (Moke, Gachikun (Arguably the best Rashid), and Oilking) but they all do get beaten by Infiltration's Juri. They are very quality matches. There's another top Rashid, John Takeuchi, and there's JB, who is incredibly good and beat Punk a couple of times, and might be looking for a breakout performance this tournament.

Tripon

Unrelated note, but the way the point structure is set up is fucked up. Before, if you won a premier, you were guaranteed a spot at Capcom Cup. Now, with the all points system, even if you win a premier, you might not have enough points for Capcom Cup.

JB currently has 21 points. Even if he wins SCR and the 400 points for 1st place, with 421 points, he'd still be 42nd in between Flash and Chris T in the current standings.

The current system is just as dumb as previous systems. Maybe even dumber.

jett

D-Member
Unrelated note, but the way the point structure is set up is fucked up. Before, if you won a premier, you were guaranteed a spot at Capcom Cup. Now, with the all points system, even if you win a premier, you might not have enough points for Capcom Cup.

JB currently has 21 points. Even if he wins SCR and the 400 points for 1st place, with 421 points, he'd still be 42nd in between Flash and Chris T in the current standings.

Should've done better the rest of the year.

I think this system rewards consistency better. If you deserve your spot at Capcom Cup you'll win perform better in more events throughout the year, as opposed to theoretically fluking your way to a 1st place finish (As almost impossible as that sounds) and then not being of the same caliber as the rest of the players at CC. However, this system does punish people who can't travel much more harshly than the other system did.

I disagree,I think it's much better this year than the previous years. It rewards consistency, a bunch of top 8 finishes without a win actually means something this year. I like that players can actually sneak back into a qualifying spot for Capcom Cup without having to win several events like Mago.

As for JB, it's unfortunate but if he wins and doesn't make Capcom Cup he just has to hold that. He did almost nothing most of the year in terms of results. If he couldn't travel to many events because of a lack of sponsor than that's just unfortunate. Their is no solution for that issue unless you want to go back to auto qualifying spots(outside of the few at the end of the year) which I'm not a fan of. If he's really good enough than he can try to win the last chance qualifier at Capcom Cup.

I think having a few auto qs for specific large events is good. Majority should be points.

Well that is actually the case, it's just that they're all at the end of the year. All the Regional Finals guarantee a spot to the winner if they don't have enough points to make Capcom Cup. And then there is the last chance qualifier the same weekend as Capcom Cup. So that's 4, they just happen to be all take place at the end of the year.

And you can also add EVO to that list. It basically is and technically isn't a auto qualifying spot at the same time. Their is no special title next to your name but with over 1,000 points you're in, no questions asked.

That Korean pop off lol.

You know what, if NL wins, he basically punches his ticket to Capcom Cup. A 2nd place finish leaves him pretty close but still on the outside.

MCD250

Basically a scramble at the end, but still, respect to NL because Birdie can be a goddamn nightmare to fight as Cammy. A talented player like Mena, doubly so.

Basically a scramble at the end, but still, eespect to NL because Birdie can be a goddamn nightmare to fight as Cammy. A talented player like Mena, doubly so.

I think NL used Super just to escape the corner. It just so happens Mena decided to jump in that moment to get hit by it.

But I don't remember what angle that Super went in. So if it wasn't the corner escape version then forget what I said.

Sayad

Main problem is premier events not counting toward regional points. Otherwise he would have had a strong shot in regional points.

Why did Justin not enter MvCI?!

Great win for Yukadon. He really made up for this year after practically disappearing after his strong EVO showing last year. Too bad for Verloren, he needed this a lot more than Yukadon since he's still barely on the outside looking in. This top 8 was pretty good, it's just too bad it happened at 2am in the morning.

Hyun Sai

Great win for Yukadon. He really made up for this year after practically disappearing after his strong EVO showing last year. Too bad for Verloren, he needed this a lot more than Yukadon since he's still barely on the outside looking in. This top 8 was pretty good, it's just too bad it happened at 2am in the morning.

Hmm ? Verloren is 13th place in the standings, isn't this pretty safe ?

This is the system the people wanted. "Distribute points more evenly! Reward consistency more! These players getting top 8's frequently need to have their work rewarded! Make it simpler to follow! All these different leaderboards are confusing!"

Y'all got what you wanted.

So if this system is dumb, then I guess that just means the people are dumb.

Sayad

Hmm ? Verloren is 13th place in the standings, isn't this pretty safe ?
He probably meant NL.

This is the system the people wanted. "Distribute points more evenly! Reward consistency more! These players getting top 8's frequently need to have their work rewarded! Make it simpler to follow! All these different leaderboards are confusing!"

Y'all got what you wanted.

So if this system is dumb, then I guess that just means the people are dumb.
What some people wanted was a lot dumber actually, some guys wanted to see looked regional events, them foreigners coming in stealing our points was too much, lol.

TheStig88

Main problem is premier events not counting toward regional points. Otherwise he would have had a strong shot in regional points.

Why did Justin not enter MvCI?!
Since he had access to the game early he decided to hold off on competing until October.

Top Bottom