• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal Coming to the PSThree!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolgar

Cravis said:
I loved the feeling of part 1. It almost felt like it could happen. That at night when everyone was asleep these people got together in an abandoned warehouse in LA and battle it out. They need to go with that kind of tone for the PS3 one.

I remember reading an old interview where they said their inspirations were all the great car chases. One that stuck out in my mind was Terminator 2. They need to go back to that. I enjoyed the 1 on 1 battles that felt straight out of a movie.

Another of my wishes is they need to bring back ram damage. I missed that. I also hope we see realtime deformations in the vehicles, something akin to Flatout: Ultimate Carnage. Give me debris and torn off bumpers. Make it real and gritty.

Please no getting out of vehicles. This is Twisted Metal. It's about car combat. If you do that then it will get away from what TM originally was all about. That's like saying "Oh in Tekken 7 let's give them cars to fight in."

How happy I would be with a simple PS3 update of the original Twisted Metal!

The awesome rooftops battle against Minion, the epic two-player battles in the Park and especially the Canals... My friends and I played these levels for HOURS, and only quit when our poor tired eyes were too bleary to see.

Great times.

I haven't played the original Twisted Metal since probably the mid to late '90s but I remember being very very impressed by the Suburbia level.

Cravis

Kolgar said:
How happy I would be with a simple PS3 update of the original Twisted Metal!

The awesome rooftops battle against Minion, the epic two-player battles in the Park and especially the Canals... My friends and I played these levels for HOURS, and only quit when our poor tired eyes were too bleary to see.

Great times.
Same here. Me and my brother played TM 1 and 2 religiously. The rooftop battle with Minion was so perfectly laid out. It was a chase and you were the prey. Your only hope was to run long enough to attack then run some more. The momentum couldn't have been better.

I'd love to get a HD Version of a "greatest hits levels" from the TM games (1, 2, Black, and Head On please) on PSN to tide us over until TM on PS3.

I'm eager to get the downloadable soundtrack. That's one area of the TM games that doesn't get as much love as I think should, especially part 1. The Rooftop Battle theme was EPIC. Black's music was right up there as well. I love the Freeway theme from Black, reminds me a lot of Terminator 2 with the high pitches that are interjected.

skip

Ashhong said:
I'm pretty sure skip was being sarcastic...GDC is in SF.

You big tease skip. you just confirmed that you will have him on around GDC time. Don't disappoint GAF!

listen to today's show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom