• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney registers DisneyConsole.com domain name through brand protection agency

Lol I truly, truly hope that this isn't a games console they're registering a domain for. What exactly are they going to bring to the table, more Disney movie tie-ins? /facepalm

Maybe it's just some sort of set-top box that allows unlimited access to the entire historical collection of Disney movies streamed from their own severs for a monthly fee or something. If that's the case they should just let Netflix place a big fat check for those rights.

Really doesn't seem to be any point to registering this domain.

Disney One.

Nope, they'd take the name MS turned down for the new Xbox --- the Disney Infinity. Oh wait....

Eusis

Yup, I didn't think they were interested but now....
I still doubt it, console is far from a word exclusive to gaming, and even if they did release what could be classified as a gaming console it could easily be a Leap Frog-esque device, just a Disney edutainment platform.

Would be funny if they grabbed the Xbox division though. So long as they didn't immediately gut it anyway, but at least Halo'd survive probably.

Ein Bear

Disney shut down all their studios and pretty much washed their hands of the gaming industry a few months ago. Seems unlikely that much will come of this.

Skeff

I still doubt it, console is far from a word exclusive to gaming, and even if they did release what could be classified as a gaming console it could easily be a Leap Frog-esque device, just a Disney edutainment platform.

Would be funny if they grabbed the Xbox division though. So long as they didn't immediately gut it anyway, but at least Halo'd survive probably.

Oh yea I doubt it too, but Previous thoughts onthe subject are now gone from no chance to unlikely.

If Disney did buy the Xbox division, what in the world would they do with the Halo ip? It just makes no sense to me, hypothetically.

Skeff

If Disney did buy the Xbox division, what in the world would they do with the Halo ip? It just makes no sense to me, hypothetically.

If they weren't interested they could just sell it, I'm sure Ubisoft would love a big FPS like Halo.

Hindle

Banned
Disney will be the company to buy the Xbox if MS decide to sell. They have the licences to make it a success.

NastyChocobo

Neo Member
kpF2ZlB.png

SgtCobra

"A console made for young children with games which aren't only fun, but also educative! Starring their favorite Disney stars from their respective movies, only for 100$ and the cartridges are available for 20$ a piece. The perfect christmas present"

Or something like that.

Jawmuncher

Doubt Disney is looking at buying MS or Sony.
They killed off just about all their game assets this gen.

If anything I'd bet money on an android based console with all of the licensed disney games on that platform playable on it with a controller.

Epcott

The podcasts are going to be bubbling with speculation next week over this.

Xbone: The exclusive home to Disney Infinity, KH, and Starwars. Egads!

"A console made for young children with games which aren't only fun, but also educative! Starring their favorite Disney stars from their respective movies, only for 100$ and the cartridges are available for 20$ a piece. The perfect christmas present"

Or something like that.

That sounds kind of likely, actually. Wasn't the LeapPad the hottest selling toy last Christmas? Disney must've been watching that and salivating at the thought of how much money there was to be had.

Doubt it is videogame related, given that they recently moved away from videogame development. I mean, just look at what they did to LucasArts too.

Top Bottom