• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads | October 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElGoldur

Neo Member
I should know, by now, that it is never a good idea to make impulse purchases .. I bought "the flames in the flood" and Wulverblade. I don't like none of them.

Wow that looks really nice, great animation and music. I'll probably pass because I wouldn't have anyone to play it with. That's the kind of game I wish my brother lived close to me so we could bro-op that!

My brother stops by my house every Sunday, specifically to play whatever newest NeoGeo game I downloaded is.

I think I'll throw a curveball and pick up Wulverblade instead.

Experien

I've just this minute finished it and wasn't impressed with the game. The game is very short and, apart from from one puzzle, very easy, especially if you're used to block puzzles in the likes of Zelda and Pokemon.

I played the game exclusively using off screen play and there seemed to be performance issues. It looked like there were a few framerate dips here and there.

Had the game been a cheaper price I think it would be easier to recommend but there are far better eShop titles out there at the moment, some of which are priced cheaper and offer a better experience.

It's not all bad. The game does a charm to it. Yono looks great, especially in some of the costumes you can buy, and some of the dialogue is quite humorous, as well.

I was looking forward to this after seeing it in the Nindie showcase. It's a shame it didn't turn out as well as I would have liked.

Shame, I bought it along with Flame in the Flood. I got a train trip and debating on picking up Oxenfree too for it.

Ninja Dom

Sine Mora EX just launched in the UK. If you could choose between this or Earth Atlantis, which is better? Earth Atlantis is £10 cheaper.

zroid

Banned
For some reason neither my 3DS nor Wii U have been able to connect to any Nintendo Network services since yesterday (eShop, Badge Arcade, etc.). Internet connectivity doesn't seem to be the problem though. Switch is working normally.

It's strange...

jariw

Seems like next week will have a large number of titles (because noone wants to be on the same week as Mario Odyssey?). 12 titles listed with dates for next week already on the NoE eShop.

tolkir

Seems like next week will have a large number of titles (because noone wants to be on the same week as Mario Odyssey?). 12 titles listed with dates for next week already on the NoE eShop.

No joke.

17 - Rogue Trooper Redux - €24.99
17 - Don't Knock Twice - €12.49
18 - The Count Lucanor - €14.99
19 - The JackBox Party Pack - €21.99
19 - Putty Pals - €8.50
19 - Super Ping Pong Trick Shot - €4.99
19 - Jydge - €14.99
19 - Party Golf - €14.99
19 - Revenant Saga - €12.99
19 - Spelunker Party! - €29.99
20 - Syberia - €29.99
20 - Fire Emblem Warriors - €59.99

NA and Japan get Elliot Quest, so probably we'll get here too. And the Neo Geo weekly game.

Next week could have +15 games easily again.

daxy

Oh shit, Elliot Quest on the Switch? I've been meaning to play through that on PC but I always end up playing something else.

Chairhome

Me at launch: I hope 3rd parties support the Switch
Me now: staaaaaahhhhp. too many games.

I have a big list of games that I want to purchase from the eshop, but I still need to finish Mario+Rabbids before Mario Odyssey comes out. But then everytime I check this thread for new releases, I see a bunch of new releases. Its a good problem to have, I just hope some gems aren't getting undersold because of the volume of new releases.

TheMoon

Me at launch: I hope 3rd parties support the Switch
Me now: staaaaaahhhhp. too many games.

I have a big list of games that I want to purchase from the eshop, but I still need to finish Mario+Rabbids before Mario Odyssey comes out. But then everytime I check this thread for new releases, I see a bunch of new releases. Its a good problem to have, I just hope some gems aren't getting undersold because of the volume of new releases.

Same. Now is when I hate having such a wide-ranging taste/interest in games.

Seik

Banned
I just bought Tiny Barbarian DX on Switch (physical).

I can't play for the next couple of hours though. What's the consensus on it? I saw some reviews mentioning linearity as a problem but I don't really mind that. Metroidvanias are cool in my book but not all games are obligated to repeat the formula.

gunstarhero

I can't play for the next couple of hours though. What's the consensus on it? I saw some reviews mentioning linearity as a problem but I don't really mind that. Metroidvanias are cool in my book but not all games are obligated to repeat the formula.

Having a blast with it so far. It’s like an easier version of Rastan or Volgar the Viking. Gameplay is perfect. Amazing music! You’ll love it if you’re into older arcade games where things were more straight forward.

Refyref

I backed it on Kickstarter, and played the first and second episodes back when they released (the last two episodes only released alongside the Switch version). It's basically a 2D action game. Like those reviews say, it's not trying to be a metroidvania like many games these days, or even be anything complicated. You just have to managed to reach the end of the stage. I enjoyed what I played of it back then, but that was quite a while ago, so I don't remember too many details.

jariw

For those of you who have played NeuroVoider, how/where do I exit after a level to resume another time? When I exit after the "intermission", it says Game Over with no Resume option...

For those of you who have played NeuroVoider, how/where do I exit after a level to resume another time? When I exit after the "intermission", it says Game Over with no Resume option...

The only way I know how is during a level, press + and choose save and quit.

When you come back, choose Play then Resume and you should be good to go.

duxstar

k guys, if im not into stardew valley, what are some games I might like, and maybe a link to a review or 2.

I have the following

Zelda:BOTW
Picross: S
A golf story

I'm leaning towards steamworld dig 2, but I'm torn, and don't trust just random titles on the eshop

watershed

Banned
Is the demo of Project Octopath Traveler still the best turn based jrpg on the Switch? I really like the demo and it seems there is a real lack of turn based jrpgs on the system. I actually bought I am Setsuna and while the game has some strengths, I can't even bring myself to finish it. Am I missing out on some hidden gem?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally, looks like they added a "Games on Sale" section to the Switch eShop.

....granted, there's only TWO games on sale at the moment, but it's a start.

Is the demo of Project Octopath Traveler still the best turn based jrpg on the Switch? I really like the demo and it seems there is a real lack of turn based jrpgs on the system. I actually bought I am Setsuna and while the game has some strengths, I can't even bring myself to finish it. Am I missing out on some hidden gem?
I don't think there's a lot of RPGs on the system at the moment, though granted, those can take quite a while to develop, so perhaps next year, we'll hear more get confirmed.

Xenoblade 2 might count, but that's December. Lost Sphear is another Square Enix "Tokyo RPG Factory" title, but that's January. There's suppose to be a Shin Megami Tensei game for it, but we know very little aside from "it exists."

Kind of surprised they didn't do a port of Tokyo Mirage Sessions. I kind of would be okay with replaying that game if they did some QoL stuff like be able to speed up the combat.

k guys, if im not into stardew valley, what are some games I might like, and maybe a link to a review or 2.

I have the following

A golf story

I'm leaning towards steamworld dig 2, but I'm torn, and don't trust just random titles on the eshop
SWD2 is one of the best games this year so far imo, truly great, doesn't overstay its welcome, polished as can be. Took me roughly 15h to 100% so it's good value too.

jariw

I have the following

A golf story

Why are you torn towards Steamworld Dig 2? It's a really wonderful game, and with lots of exploration and surprises, great puzzles and different mechanics. It's also extremely polished, specially compared to the current state of Golf Story or the UI of Picross S. It also looks great both docked and portable.

And it's a game with 88 on Metacritic, consisting of 29 positive reviews, 0 mixed, 0 negative. You currently won't find a game with better MC merits on the eShop.

Ninja Dom

Monopoly for Nintendo Switch releases on the 31st. I'm pretty interested in this game as it seems like it could be great family fun. How are Monopoly games on console? Shame Ubisoft couldn't organise a Mario board.

I got this for my birthday and it's actually quite fun.
Monopoly_Gamer__In_Pack___OOP.jpg

CraigMcD

You can pre-order the code on Amazon, but there is no discount.

Since Nintendo doesn't have a supported pre-order concept, there is no pre-loading.

It's £41.99 for a code on Amazon. That's a pretty big discount compared to the £59.99 it's likely to be on the eShop.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

I have the following

A golf story

You're crazy man. SW Dig 2 is a no brainer. It's my favorite Metroid-vania game of all time.

duxstar

I was just torn cause im not in love with metroidvanias and from quick looks it didnt look like id love it like others have, but im looking for a new game and risking $20 on steamworld is better than risking $60 on mario rabbids rpg

RedColumn

Some updates about 3Souls for Wii U. This week the patch with the full game (free update with the chapters 2 and 3) is finally live in eShop for American region (they update didnt go live as expected, but now is sorted).

And today we share the list of hidden Nindies that are part of a easter egg in the game that appear on the game. It's called "8 Seconds of Nindies", and you need to guess the game by listening 8 seconds of one them songs. Here is the list for the curious

And about this week, I got so far those Nindies! Another great week for Switch. This does not seems to stop :D

Not Drake

Started Wulverblade today. There's a lot of work and passion put into it. I was surprised the game is fully voice acted and that element is legit. I like little historic insights. Apparently game's creator has been gathering information about them for 5 years and there are very in-depth notes whenever you pick up a new weapon or encounter a story event. The gameplay's tight and challenging. I'm glad I jumped on board. Heavily recommended.

Started Wulverblade today. There's a lot of work and passion put into it. I was surprised the game is fully voice acted and that element is legit. I like little historic insights. Apparently game's creator has been gathering information about them for 5 years and there are very in-depth notes whenever you pick up a new weapon or encounter a story event. The gameplay's tight and challenging. I'm glad I jumped on board. Heavily recommended.

While I appreciate the historical insight, I really appreciate being able to press R+Attack, and watching a pack of wolves rip out the throats of everyone on screen. :p

jariw

Any impressions for Don't Knock Twice yet?

Seems to be a bad game:

Nintendo Life review:
http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/switch-eshop/dont_knock_twice

Trying out Don't Knock Twice...got a train journey to play this on so hopefully I'll try and keep my terrified expressions to myself.

Update: frame rate is mediocre and the game itself is your average "walking around a haunted house" affair. Was neat to play on a train at least.

69wpm

Are you guys excited for Elliot Quest tomorrow? I missed out on it on Wii U and get a review copy for Switch. Played for a bit just now and it is a really charming game.

Tizoc

Hey gang, could I get impressions on theses titles? I plan on buying at least 2 of them-
Tenkai Knights BB
Final Fantasy Explorers (GBP 20)
Dr Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training Can You Stay Focused?
Disney Art Academy
Teddy Together

TehOh

Any impressions for Don't Knock Twice yet?

Stay away. The framerate is so bad that it's nauseating - even docked. The text is also unreadable in handheld mode, and the game is incredibly ugly given how unoptimized the performance it.

Do not buy this piece of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom