• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Footage of The Order 1886 wasn't ready for VGX

Pain

Banned
Impossible to get hyped for this game with so little footage and these delays.
Sony better show some NEW PS4 games. What is PS4s Titanfall?

Harlequin

Reading some of the replies in this thread seriously makes me think some of you guys don't have any idea how game development works. Just because they feel that they aren't ready to show something publically does not mean that there is nothing to show or that the game is behind schedule. It probably just means that there are still small details being worked on which the developers aren't completely happy with (like maybe clothes still clipping through the characters here and there or animations not being 100% fluid yet, etc.). It's really not as big a deal as some of you are making it out to be, although it certainly is disappointing.

nib95

Banned
Very disappointing. Big loss for Sony. Would have been a great opportunity to show case one of their main titles for the year.

KissVibes

Banned
Did Ready at Dawn even ever release that PS3/360 game they were working on? Maybe RAD just isn't great at console games and need tons of time to get stuff done.

jaypah

I'm kind of glad as I don't really care much for this game and their heavily cinematic goals for it. It potentially saves time for something much more interesting.

Potentially being the key word.

Ok, but deep down you know it's just going to be another cinematic game that probably isn't as impressive as The Order. It's nice to want things but, yeah...

Wynnebeck

Banned
That's it. I'm selling my PS4 and getting a Xbone. At least they have games coming unlike this shitty console. Waste of money and time.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Sony needs to show a hell of a lot of stuff in the coming months, Yoshida and co. state how many games are in development (and I believe them), but they need to start showing more stuff.

Already the Order 1886 has a whiff of, at worst, The Last Guardian, something we may never see, or best case scenario, a Gran Turismo, a game that's in development for years, and can't possibly meet expectations.

All very dissappointing from Ready at Dawn.

jumptoconclusionsmat.jpg

Sony needs to show a hell of a lot of stuff in the coming months, Yoshida and co. state how many games are in development (and I believe them), but they need to start showing more stuff.

Already the Order 1886 has a whiff of, at worst, The Last Guardian, something we may never see, or best case scenario, a Gran Turismo, a game that's in development for years, and can't possibly meet expectations.

Wow....

mechphree

:(

gWHAtOY.png

They have shown footage to journalist closed doors so theirs that. It's odd though they waited a day before to say it's not ready.

Who cares? Or do you think that interest is lost forever, even when they can drop the world's greatest trailer whenever they are ready.

This isn't E3.

Eh, I just see very little to look forward to coming from Sony as of yet. The only AAA game they have shown beyond launch is Infamous. They need to show more than that.

Dany

Banned
This game won't launch. It will be horrible. Sony is fucking up another game. This is Keighlys fault, in bed with doritos who's in bed with microsoft. Follow the money. Missing this milestone is the deathnail to all japanese consumer products.

It's opposite day right?

megalowho

The majority of responses in this thread are kind of sad. Between this and the reaction to Reggie being honest about fan involvement in the greenlighting process, I think it's clear many enthusiasts would rather be lied to and have the wool pulled over their eyes than try and understand how the machine behind the curtain actually works.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Second game not ready for the show heh? At this rate the 3 hours will be too much... I mean, you can have an entire hour dedicated to Cranky Kong, now can you? :p

But overall, it's good NOT to show your stuff if isn't ready. Rushing, even for trailer/footage, is really counter-productive, and can even be hurtful.

What is the other one?

Not showing the game will also divert interest from it
So you're saying they should opt to rush out footage of something that is unfinished? Because that would do wonders right? A poor showing of the game would sour a massive portion of viewership opinion, creating an extremely difficult position to recover from. How hard is it to think of the consequences if they show some shit that isnt ready?

GYNGA

My guess is that Sony have too much good stuff prepared for the show so they decided to leave The Order footage for the later

The game isn't out for atleast 10 months. Why not give them time to work on it and show something that looks good when it's finally ready instead of showing something early that might be having issues and then have people bitch about how it looks like shit, etc? I expect something else to be shown that might be of interest.

Alienous

The majority of responses in this thread are kind of sad. Between this and the reaction to Reggie being honest about fan involvement in the greenlighting process, I think it's clear many enthusiasts would rather be lied to and have the wool pulled over their eyes than try and understand how the machine behind the curtain actually works.

Hmm ... ?

I think some level of concern is rational, when a studio gets a chance to show their first 'big' project to the world, and pull away last minute. No, of course the game isn't canceled (
Is it?
), but it does raise questions. Is it a case of "We're not launching in 2014, so it doesn't matter if we miss this deadline?" or just simply a "Oops, we forgot to cut a trailer".

Racer1977

Sony still haven't given us a release date for Driveclub, together with releasing GT6 on PS3, while next top nothing AAA wise has been announced since the February reveal (gameplay at least). If you wanted to be uncharitable, you could speculate Sony's first party studio management is in crises.

Of course, that could be utter nonsense, but if little is shown at VGX, it's an view that will gain traction.

Derrick01

Banned
Ok, but deep down you know it's just going to be another cinematic game that probably isn't as impressive as The Order. It's nice to want things but, yeah...

Probably, but at least there's a chance of something interesting now whereas I have 0 interest in the Order.

Hmm ... ?

I think some level of concern is rational, when a studio gets a chance to show their first 'big' project to the world, and pull away last minute. No, of course the game isn't canceled (
Is it?
), but it does raise questions. Is it a case of "We're not launching in 2014, so it doesn't matter if we miss this deadline?" or just simply a "Oops, we forgot to cut a trailer".
Who said they "pulled away last minute"? All Geoff said was that footage of it wasn't ready. He could have asked RAD and they'd given a calm "We're not ready to show the game just yet".

This thread has shocked me in how quick people are to turn to doom and gloom.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I mean, have they ever stated that they were going to show stuff at VGX? Why are people so adamant that they were basically "confirmed" to be there and that is is somehow a big fuckup on either Sony or RAD's part?

If they did announce their presence at VGX before, then I could maybe slightly understand the hilarious reactions in here.
But as of right now, I don't know what i'm reading.

Raist

Banned
That's my fear, which leaves us Uncharted and frankly I don't think that's 2014 either. It makes me wonder what's going to be the one or two Sony exclusives for Q3/Q4 2014.

Super rub a dub 2 and Genji: Days of the blade reloaded.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Sony still haven't given us a release date for Driveclub, together with releasing GT6 on PS3, while next top nothing AAA wise has been announced since the February reveal (gameplay at least). If you wanted to be uncharitable, you could speculate Sony's first party studio management is in crises.

Of course, that could be utter nonsense, but if little is shown at VGX, it's an view that will gain traction.

Of course, rushing everything to release and making more Knacks is more preferable.
Wait what

Knoxcore

I agree with the first part, but the second part is beyond reaching. The Order was announced a few months ago. This is nothing like TLG or GT5. We may not get the game in 2014, but I'm certain it will come.

I am disappointed that Sony seems to have dropped the ball when it comes to games. We have seen very little in terms of their 2014/2015 offerings and I'm beginning to wonder what's the holdup.

Alienous

Who said they "pulled away last minute"? All Geoff said was that footage of it wasn't ready. He could have asked RAD and they'd given a calm "We're not ready to show the game just yet".

This thread has shocked me in how quick people are to turn to doom and gloom.

I'd imagine that these kinds of talks stretch months, not weeks.

The footage wasn't ready? But, if they had a slot, they must've expected it to be ready. In some fashion. And, if it's a matter of "We can wait for it to be really stellar", then I draw the conclusion that a 2014 release might not be carved into stone. From extrapolations, yes, but it's a heck of an opportunity to just miss a deadline for.

Top Bottom