• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 11/19/09 - Phoenix Wright (Wiiware), NMH (PS360)

Rpgmonkey said:
No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise (PS3/360)
-February 25, 5,800 Yen
-Advance Mode added
-Japanese dubbing added
-Erotic Portraits as pre-order bonuses. There are two, each exclusive to the PS3 or 360 version of the game.

hey, i might get this if it doesn't look like a sloppy port.

AniHawk

The game looks... a lot like the Wii game. It looks like there are better lighting effects, but I don't think they did much to the models.

300205026_64vKs-L-2.jpg

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
AniHawk said:
The game looks... a lot like the Wii game. It looks like there are better lighting effects, but I don't think they did much to the models.

I don't know what people were expecting. I'm sure they aren't spending millions of dollars here.

What I'm curious about is whether the PS3 version is going to have waggle. I'm guessing no since it doesn't appear to be in the scans, but it would be interesting.

TunaLover

Magypsy23 said:
The PS3 and 360 versions have different "erotic portraits". :lol
They're preorder exclusive too. As in, not a game feature.
So screen tearing will be the only extra content apparently.

ethelred said:
This is a good point. I'm pretty sure MMV would not do this to the Wii. It must be someone else's doing.

It's not like the scan says Marvelous Interactive at the bottom...

Sorry, I didn't see the scans until after I posted.

AniHawk

schuelma said:
I don't know what people were expecting. I'm sure they aren't spending millions of dollars here.

Well I was hoping a third, Natalized version was on the way and this would lay the groundwork for that.

EXGN

Hero of Legend said:
:(

I just thought of something, is it possible that perhaps Spike or another company is publishing the port?

I mean MadWorld's owned by Sega yet Spike's publishing it in Japan, Spike's also publishing the 428 and Shiren 3 ports as well, though I think those two are wholly-owned by Chunsoft, I'm not sure.

The publisher can do whatever they want. If they don't want to take the risk of publishing it in a region they don't think it will perform well in, they can let someone else try it. See - Capcom publishing God of War(SCEA), Grand Theft Auto(Rockstar) in Japan. Or Atlus publishing Demon's Souls(SCEJ) in the US.

AniHawk

sprsk said:
Waggle controls are part of what made NMH.

Wasn't it a PS2 game before it was a Wii game?

B.K. said:
What's so great about No More Heroes?

Mostly everything aside from it being a game. The boss fights are neat, but the most enjoyable parts are the story bits. And if you like muderizing people, it's good bloody fun. Lots of filler though. Too much filler, actually. The second game sounds like an improvement.

I remember seeing No More Heroes on an episode of 1up Show a while back, didn't really look all that good to me (I remember how bland and empty driving around the city looked). I'll be more than willing to try it out if there's a demo, though.

Do the scans mention any sort of release date?

Gilgamesh

I'm not sure how I feel about NMH on 360/PS3. On one hand, the HD visuals are going to be great, but on the other, I feel that part of what made the gameplay in NMH feel so good was the motion finishers. I never got tired of flailing the Wii remote to slice a guy in half. It won't be the same without it, and it might even make the entire gameplay feel dull. Battle gameplay, anyway, the overworld was always dull.

Meesh

AniHawk said:
Well I was hoping a third, Natalized version was on the way and this would lay the groundwork for that.
True, it would seem ideal...maybe they wanna see how PS360 fans respond to NMH pre-natal.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Looks like a classy update!

HD gamers also have a new unlockable mode to look forward to. Known as "Very Sweet Mode, this mode changes all the female characters' costumes into sexy form -- skimpy bathing suits, cheerleader outfits, and so-forth. The girls appear in this form during both gameplay and non gameplay sequences.

Marvelous will be including an "Erotica Portrait" bonus item for those who pre-order. This collection of sexy portraits will differ depending on your platform. PS3 owners will get "Sexy Cherry" flavor. Xbox 360 buyers will get "Sweet Mango" flavor.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/11/18/no_more_heroes_remake/

Akai

schuelma said:
Marvelous will be including an "Erotica Portrait" bonus item for those who pre-order. This collection of sexy portraits will differ depending on your platform. PS3 owners will get "Sexy Cherry" flavor. Xbox 360 buyers will get "Sweet Mango" flavor

The dakuten marks on "ko" are either not there or REALLY WELL HIDDEN, because I don't see them..."Sweet Manko" it is!

(Oh boy, innuendo...)

VAIL

Himuro said:
Woo! SO glad I don't have a wii! NMH is one of the reasons I want one. Less of a reason to buy a wii rocks!

Port Sin and Punishment 2 to xbla/psn!

facepalm, seriously this tripe is old.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Himuro said:
Woo! SO glad I don't have a wii! NMH is one of the reasons I want one. Less of a reason to buy a wii rocks!

Port Sin and Punishment 2 to xbla/psn!

I know you're already banned and won't be able to see this, but that one could not happen even if Treasure wanted. The IP is co-owned with (if not totally owned by) Nintendo.

CO_Andy

Himuro sure got banned quick.

For the love of all who don't want to buy an import 360, please don't let the PS3 port suck :(

i have the fondest memories of playing lufia & the fortress of doom as a young teen. the ruins of lore damn near broke my heart and knowing that the next game is going to be an arpg has broken it completely :(

Jonnyram

Danthrax said:
Wii version pros:
+ Motion-controlled finishing moves, wrestling moves and sword recharging
+ Taking phone calls through your Wiimote speaker
+ Two-piece controller for extra comfort
+ Wii keeps track of your playtime
:lol

This game was meant for the Wii and only the Wii. The game was so horribly bland in every sense of the word (graphics, enemy variety, overworld). The saving grace was the Wiimote; it sounds absurd, but it was fun to play using the gestures in conjunction with the button presses.

The story was amusing, though.

7Th

CO_Andy said:
Himuro sure got banned quick.

For the love of all who don't want to buy an import 360, please don't let the PS3 port suck :(

Why would the PS3 port be bad? It's a damn Wii game! :lol

Top Bottom