• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

camo

So....shopto reactivated their back order of Danganronpa V3 without telling me and sent me a copy anyways. The same day Grainger games managed to get me the last copy they have in the company. So now I have to copies. Typical.

Oh and shopto seem to have stock up on their ebay if anyone else needs a copy.

Despite not having a Vita, I read your blog pretty often and let me say that it's very cool!

Especially the focus on PSP and PS1 classics, great job. Very nice site.

Thanks, this made me really happy. Often my PSP/PS1 reviews garner significantly less views than my Vita-native stuff (which in turn are miles less than my articles), so I often wonder if there's anyone out there actually enjoying this content. So it's lovely seeing messages like this!

(I wasn't going to stop doing it any time soon anyway though haha, it's nice to swap things up every now and again to play an old classic anyway - it's one of the things Vita is best at!)

autoduelist

So I finally got around to playing my first Ys game, and started with Ys 1/2 Chronicles.

And... wow. I absolutely -hate- the bump system. It doesn't help that I've probably killed 40 monsters and not only haven't leveled up, but haven't even enough for a shield yet. [i googled it to see if i'm missing something, and it looks like if i had spent my money on a ring instead of a sword/armor, i could have turned my 1k gold into 1.5 gold... but even after 40+ kills, I'm still near broke.

soooooooooooooooo. I'm done with this. I own almost every other Ys game, though [damn sales, backlog]... I know only some use the bump system [who thought that was a good idea?]

Which should I try next?

So I finally got around to playing my first Ys game, and started with Ys 1/2 Chronicles.

And... wow. I absolutely -hate- the bump system. It doesn't help that I've probably killed 40 monsters and not only haven't leveled up, but haven't even enough for a shield yet. [i googled it to see if i'm missing something, and it looks like if i had spent my money on a ring instead of a sword/armor, i could have turned my 1k gold into 1.5 gold... but even after 40+ kills, I'm still near broke.

soooooooooooooooo. I'm done with this. I own almost every other Ys game, though [damn sales, backlog]... I know only some use the bump system [who thought that was a good idea?]

Which should I try next?

Oath in Felghana is my #1 favourite, but if you want 'modern' Ys then try VIII. The older games (Origin/Felghana) are very much solo adventures with challenging bosses and odd platforming; the newer games (Celceta/VIII) are party-based with lighting fast combat and are more about exploration.

In other news, Under Night In-Birth EXE:Late[ST] is coming February in both NA and EU:

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/933038404886978560

I only finished the two on Vita (haven't gone far in Ys 7 on PSP). You can go Celceta then Dana (Ys VIII). Celceta is ok. Dana is fucking awesome.

IMO, Dana is the second best game Falcom has to offer. If its ending was not such a bullcrap, I think I may have put it on par with Sora no Kiseki.

As weird as it sounds, Dana is actually resembles (Sora no) Kiseki a bit. We may not get another one like Dana, since its setting is what made the Kiseki-like structure. It's not exactly heavy like Kiseki, but people were already crying in the Dana threads that they have to read sentences so LOL.

If you're playing it on the Vita version, you can see how much effort they put on the Vita version both in content and performance. I don't think I've ever seen a performance drop on it, compared to Tokyo no KisekiXanadu, where some fights and circumstances can get the FPS really damn low.

Also, Dana's music theme(s) is awesome. Though I wish the Vita theme they gave away had the "Dana" track on it instead of the "Lacrimosa of Dana" track. I'd prefer to not have a melancholic theme when booting up my Vita. ;_;

We need another Ys vs Kiseki just to get another game with Dana in it, since they don't really put the same character again unless you're named Adol or DoggyDogi. Ironically, Dogi is not usable in both Vita Ys games.

Z3M0G

Ys VIII is on sale for a few more hours... convince me to buy. The demo on PS3 was fun, but I want it on the go.

I played a bit of Ys VII, but I got bored of it I guess. It was a fun world to explore however. Is this one superior?

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress....ric-franchises-that-should-have-come-to-vita/

I finished a new article looking at 10 PlayStation-centric franchises which should have shown up on Vita. Stuff that's been alive over the past five years, had relevant entries yet swerved the handheld altogether. As well as suggestions for what alternatives there are on the console.

I'm still getting quite a few views of my stuff from GAF, so even though this thread is a lot less active than it was it seems there's still people browsing here!

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress....ric-franchises-that-should-have-come-to-vita/

I finished a new article looking at 10 PlayStation-centric franchises which should have shown up on Vita. Stuff that's been alive over the past five years, had relevant entries yet swerved the handheld altogether. As well as suggestions for what alternatives there are on the console.

I'm still getting quite a few views of my stuff from GAF, so even though this thread is a lot less active than it was it seems there's still people browsing here!

I've got to say that lack of Gran Turismo was weirdest. Even some kind or remake of ps2 ones or downport from ps3 could pushed vita sales in Europe nicely.

Loads more news from the past couple of days - I'm in a bit of a rush so can't post all the sources, but - 2064: Read Only Memories is out now for Vita; Papers, Please is coming out on 12th of December; Vostok Inc. performance patch is out; Deadbolt is confirmed for Vita; EarthNight Vita version will be launching later than the PS4 version.

And finally, apparently Children of Morta and 20XX are no longer coming to Vita.

autoduelist

Loads more news from the past couple of days - I'm in a bit of a rush so can't post all the sources, but - 2064: Read Only Memories is out now for Vita; Papers, Please is coming out on 12th of December; Vostok Inc. performance patch is out; Deadbolt is confirmed for Vita; EarthNight Vita version will be launching later than the PS4 version.

And finally, apparently Children of Morta and 20XX are no longer coming to Vita.

I've heard only good things about Paper's Please, so that's cool.

2064 is a VN, right? So not my thing.

Vostock will be a sale buy - looks like it could provide fun.

Deadbolt looks pretty cool and gets great Steam reviews.

earthnight looks like a endless runner? So... maybe?

Children of Morta and 20xx - eh, maybe losses, maybe not. hard to tell. Of course, I never like hearing about cancellations.

-----------

I am just going to hope and pray we get a Vita 2 [by any name] announced at either E3 2018 or 2019. Vita is certainly at the tail end of releases [finally safe to say, if sad, and years later than most trumpeted] and I want something new that isn't a generic android or nintendo. [though I'd certainly be okay if it had an android boot mode].

That said, I easily have years worth of backlog to play. Many years worth. Heck, there are PSP games I still want to buy [some of the Socom ones, for example].

FDC1

Damn, 8 (!) games are releasing this week in Europe according to the PS blog. I can't remember the last time it happened lol

Tuesday: Papers, please; The Count Lucanor
Wednesday: One More Dungeon, Revenant Saga
Thursday: Super Hydorah, Vegas Party
Friday: Romancing Saga 2, Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

I am just going to hope and pray we get a Vita 2 [by any name] announced at either E3 2018 or 2019. Vita is certainly at the tail end of releases [finally safe to say, if sad, and years later than most trumpeted] and I want something new that isn't a generic android or nintendo. [though I'd certainly be okay if it had an android boot mode].

If you want to believe the smoke, then there is fire out there somewhere.

If you're not familiar:
there have been lots of job posting that mention "next gen portable game system" and sometimes "next gen home game system" (separately). And supposedly, the area listed is near a Sony office. You can check alt@hokanko and put 次世代 in the search box if you want to check more but they're in JP.

We could be looking to years before anything materializes considering I saw one of them say "Prototype".

In all honesty, I actually thought that Sony would be the first to have a home/portable console hybrid system since it fits them more than it did Nintendo.

And I think they'll probably have some sort of Android since it'll benefit both devs and users in the long run. Look back on Vita store in Japan, and you'll see lots of games you'd see on mobile (Million Arthur, and even Sony's own Destiny of Spirits). And there were even PS+ freebies for some of those games. We also had games that never lasted than 6 months to complete the mobile landscape experience lol. Oh, and PS4 has some, too, like Akatsuki no Kiseki (Trails).

Not to mention that they're raking in profits of one of the biggest mobile game in Japan right now (FGO ranked second in 2017, and was worldwide top in August, I think?).

Then there's also Sony's own Forward Works, which supposedly worked/is working on Everybody's Golf, Wild Arms, Arc the Lard, and collaborations with other companies (N1, S-E) for Android/iOS.

As long as it's still a "full" portable game system, I'm fine with them having an Android VM/emulator on it. Interface-wise, I'd prefer something like the Vita's rather than Android's, which functions well with button and is landscape instead of portrait. Horizontal feels more natural to me.

I am still hoping we get a home-portable hybrid (though I prefer one with a dock that makes it on par with a PS4 or PS5). I'll name the portable part GP03 Stamen, and the dock Orchis. lel

autoduelist

I see the crystal raindrops fall
And the beauty of it all
Is when the sun comes shining through
To make those rainbows in my mind
When I think of you sometime
And I wanna spend some time with you

Just the two of us
We can make it if we try
Just the two of us
(Just the two of us)
Just the two of us
Building castles in the sky
Just the two of us
You and I

Sorry, you'd have to pay me to post my comment twice. It's hard to post on both sides, you know. I'm putting this on your tab.

Also, why no Scarlet Grace? Considering he didn't include some late Dec 2017 stuff (Lydie, etc), his period is not clear.

And are you preparing the 2018 thread?

Upcoming Vita Games (ft. Kresnik and Friends) || 2018 Edition ||
Kresnik and the Upcoming Vita Games || 2018 Edition ||

Top Bottom