• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

Ippo

I don't get something so help me out her for a sec.

I get the thing about looking at it from above. I get that he can visualize it in his head.

I don't get how this somehow makes him not need 2 eyes. Even if he visualizes the ring from above, he's doing it using information from his POV. He doesn't ACTUALLY look at it from above. Say he doesn't know x (=distance to Saeki), and he visualizes the ring from above, then where the hell does he put Saeki? X didn't materialize in his head out of nothing.

It's just shonen shenanigans (can you guess what my favourite word is?). The author's taking a real life phenomenon and expanding it to unrealistic extremes.

Glass Rebel

It's aura and fighting spirit, duh. That's what you get for reading your creepy manga, don't even get the most basic shonen concepts...

upandaway

I mean fine whatever if you guys insist. I dunno. They were going at it pretty hard from a realistic pov when they could've just done "IT'S...." *cue spread* "INSTINCT!!! ....!!!!" or something.

Yostuba&

Whoa, that really is cute.

edit
Welcome to World of Galge 4

I see, that makes sense. Then it was really the right choice to go the Saki route.

It's gonna mess up the other routes a bit (events triggered by him won't be matched with the other events) but I guess that's where the challenge will come from.

I wonder how viable a harem end is... things are going in that direction, but I'm not sure if the girls will allow that ending. If they did, it would have been in the original game.

Yugioh 5D's Ride 13

Pretty epic turbo duel and fast. Izinski v Sherry was definitely on par with my favorite duels from GX (favorite yugioh gen) turbo dueling with her eyes close, thought she would go to the morgue. Anyway, I want so much more.

Big One

Banned
Terra e... Vol. 1 COMPLETE

Man this is such a fantastic manga. The character study in this is top notch and the entire setting is investing and interesting. Sometimes, older manga like this can get rather dated, but this isn't the case here. You can tell that a lot of concepts from this directly influenced a lot of the hard scifi manga of the later 80's, 90's, and 00's. There's noticeably influence from Tezuka's works, but this definitely stands out as an original story and you can see a lot of elements integrated into the heart of anime/manga itself.

iavi

Prison School: 23

Looks like the kuudere student council pres is coming to handle biz since the dominatrix couldn't, lol. Kiyoshi's a boss, and Gakuto's a bro, as usual.

Combine

Banned
Naruto

The more I hear from Madara, the more I think that Tobi is Izuna. I dunno why, but their personality types seem to give me the whole older/younger brother dynamic going on. Madara is the great older brother who becomes legend, in that shadow his younger brother almost becomes a "no one".

Their personalities are similar yet different too. They're both arrogant, but in different ways and nuances.

Dresden

TWGOK 179 is out, along with some nice omakes.

I'm also now officially retired from scanlation.

5u4Bk.jpg

upandaway

@ Ignis, thanks for all the stuff

TWGOK

He was pretty transparent about it but I guess this kind of act works best on Ayumi. Giving her the excuse of panties was a really smart move.

Dunno why he changed locations though. I can get wanting to separate the events but it's risky to make her actively do something (well she'll definitely come but still).

upandaway

Medaka Box

As for the last bit on the chapter end, I really wonder how this ending is going to play out. It seems like there's still enough for a good amount of chapters. At the same time, the anime date is coming closer and unless we're getting trolled on a meta level, that deadline is pretty much 4 or so weeks/chapters from now. I wonder how much could be put in there to make the ending satisfying without killing whatever momentum this arc has going.
Okay so lemme call this. I think I called it before but doing it again.

It'll last past the anime. The elections will happen in the real-time month equivalent (I think Zenkichi said something about ending the manga there didn't he? I might be horribly terribly wrong).

And they won't just point it out (the fact it didn't end and the anime started), they'll make a plot device out of it.

Desmond

Yeah, but why would Madara´s brother want revenge on Konoha? How would Madara´s brother know all the details of Madara/Hashirama fight? Why would he want to kill the Uchiha? It does not make much sense.

Tobi is Kagami Uchiha. Don't ask me to explain it. I can't
KuGsj.gif

Anyway he's either:
  • Kagami
  • Izuna
  • Madara Zetsu clone

Sai

Yeah, but why would Madara´s brother want revenge on Konoha?

Why would he want to kill the Uchiha? It does not make much sense.
For the same reasons Tobi claimed Madara had during his talk with Sasuke.

Check this out, if you got a minute.

How would Madara´s brother know all the details of Madara/Hashirama fight?
I don't recall Tobi giving us any kind of thorough play-by-play of their battle. He knew that they fought, that Madara survived, and that his true intention for the fight was to harvest Hashirama's genetic material. Madara could have told him all of that at a later time.

TWGOK

The hero has aquired panties ... lol.

Where'd he get those panties again? I can't remember.

Good to know we're finally approaching some sort of resolution, this conquest has been
quite the long one.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

I don't recall Tobi giving us any kind of thorough play-by-play of their battle. He knew that they fought, that Madara survived, and that his true intention for the fight was to harvest Hashirama's genetic material. Madara could have told him all of that at a later time.

But when tobi took kabuto to the Gedu(?) statue he said something about him getting the DNA through his fight with Hirashima(?)

What if both Madara and Tobi both fought him?

Defuser

TWGOK
mmmmmnnn Nude Ayumi........

I like in his perspective he looks badass with those panties but to others he looks like a creep lol.

That theory is good, except for one thing. We saw how Nagato used the Rinnegan for the first time, there was no way that Madara has giving the eyes to Nagato.

Desmond

That theory is good, except for one thing. We saw how Nagato used the Rinnegan for the first time, there was no way that Madara has giving the eyes to Nagato.

Maybe Madara transferred his powers like Itachi did to Sasuke. Because Nagato was an Uzumaki/Senju he probably lived with the eyes ''switched off'' (Unlike Kakashi etc.) and they awakened when his Parents died.

upandaway

Magi

Aaaand
that's that
. It will really, really hurt when we get to weekly releases.

Cosmic (wait it was you right) and everyone else if you haven't caught up yet it's officially a good time to do that.

Credo

What if Tobi is a zetsu clone?

Or maybe he is Izuna and is pretending to be Madara.

Here's a repost of my thoughts from a page or 2 back:

I figure it'll end up somehow being Izuna too.

I used to think it might be Sasuke's father because whoever Tobi is found out that Kushina was pregnant and how far along she was, which allowed him to plan everything perfectly. During that flashback, Kushina talks to Sasuke's mother, and she's aware of Kushina being pregnant even though that information was supposed to be on lockdown. So if Tobi were Sasuke's father, he could've easily found out that information through his wife. Also, he could've easily faked his death at Itachi's hands by having a Zetsu clone die in his place, and no one would've been able to tell since Zetsu clones don't disappear like shadow clones. Still, Tobi showed Sasuke his face after Sasuke's fight with Itachi, and I doubt Sasuke would have failed to recognize his own father, unless he was under a genjutsu.

Or Tobi could just be a Zetsu clone that Madara used his sharingan on to make the clone believe that he actually is the real Madara Uchiha. It seems like Madara has always been jealous of Hashirama and his "Will of Fire," so making a clone of himself would have allowed his own will to be carried on after he, the real deal, died. We've seen Tobi's body parts have some type of goo dripping from them after he has gotten injured, so that lends some credence to the Zetsu clone idea.

But yeah, in the end, I imagine it'll end up being Izuna. Izuna was supposed to have died in battle sometime after giving Madara his eyes, but his death could've just been a genjutsu cast by Madara on any witnesses. Then, after Madara died, Izuna could have retrieved his eyes and transplanted them back into himself. This would've allowed him to have the eternal mangekyo since it activated after Madara originally took his eyes, while losing the rinnegan that Madara achieved since Izuna didn't have Hashirama's cells implanted in his own body.

You know, it will probably be none of this and end up being some kind of wacked-out nonsense.

Big One

Banned
Magi

Great closure to this arc, though I'm curious where the series is going to go next. Like what is the next arc even about? Japan has a couple of volumes ahead of where we're at so I'm curious.

Edit: Judging by the volume covers
next arc takes place in Japan, perhaps?

Desmond

Here's a repost of my thoughts from a page or 2 back:

I figure it'll end up somehow being Izuna too.

I used to think it might be Sasuke's father because whoever Tobi is found out that Kushina was pregnant and how far along she was, which allowed him to plan everything perfectly. During that flashback, Kushina talks to Sasuke's mother, and she's aware of Kushina being pregnant even though that information was supposed to be on lockdown. So if Tobi were Sasuke's father, he could've easily found out that information through his wife. Also, he could've easily faked his death at Itachi's hands by having a Zetsu clone die in his place, and no one would've been able to tell since Zetsu clones don't disappear like shadow clones. Still, Tobi showed Sasuke his face after Sasuke's fight with Itachi, and I doubt Sasuke would have failed to recognize his own father, unless he was under a genjutsu.

Or Tobi could just be a Zetsu clone that Madara used his sharingan on to make the clone believe that he actually is the real Madara Uchiha. It seems like Madara has always been jealous of Hashirama and his "Will of Fire," so making a clone of himself would have allowed his own will to be carried on after he, the real deal, died. We've seen Tobi's body parts have some type of goo dripping from them after he has gotten injured, so that lends some credence to the Zetsu clone idea.

But yeah, in the end, I imagine it'll end up being Izuna. Izuna was supposed to have died in battle sometime after giving Madara his eyes, but his death could've just been a genjutsu cast by Madara on any witnesses. Then, after Madara died, Izuna could have retrieved his eyes and transplanted them back into himself. This would've allowed him to have the eternal mangekyo since it activated after Madara originally took his eyes, while losing the rinnegan that Madara achieved since Izuna didn't have Hashirama's cells implanted in his own body.

You know, it will probably be none of this and end up being some kind of wacked-out nonsense.

Maybe we'll get more info about Sasuke's dad from Itachi soon. I also have a feeling his Mother spilled the been's regarding Naruto's birth. That bitch

upandaway

Magi

Great closure to this arc, though I'm curious where the series is going to go next. Like what is the next arc even about? Japan has a couple of volumes ahead of where we're at so I'm curious.

Edit: Judging by the volume covers
next arc takes place in Japan, perhaps?
Logically they'll be going to the Kou Empire (which seems Chinese) now along with Sinbad to decide Balbadd's situation. And we're long overdue for another dungeon capture, I think (maybe for Mor), though Magi's not really the type of manga to have new arcs happen without a clear connection to the ending of the current arc... think HxH as opposed to OP

Shaman King

I'm liking Anna's flashback. I don't even remember she had a flashback. Hell at first I didn't remember she existed in general.

Wiseblade

Magi 1

Mention anything enough times and I'll read it. ¬.¬

Seems good though.

Shaman King

I'm liking Anna's flashback. I don't even remember she had a flashback. Hell at first I didn't remember she existed in general.

Wait, where are we supposed to be?

I don't remember the flashback either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom