• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft: Remastered |OT| Evolution Complete

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I forgot this was today! Hell yea. Looking forward to playing some of this after work today.

For those who want to join the Discord UMS server to chat with others about custom maps and such, here is the link! I just recently left it on the OP but I'll leave it here too! Quote to reveal!

ScOULaris

I think I still remember all the useful cheats. Considering my previous experience with the campaign I probably need them lol.

No shame in that. I personally SUCK ASS at StarCraft in the traditional RTS sense. I can sure play the shit out of tons of custom maps, though. That's my jam.

Will this be on the Blizzard App launcher like StarCraft 2, Diablo 3 and Overwatch or is it a download-from-the-web-only game like StarCraft Anthology, Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3?

ScOULaris

Will this be on the Blizzard App launcher like StarCraft 2, Diablo 3 and Overwatch or is it a download-from-the-web-only game like StarCraft Anthology, Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3?

I don't know if Anthology will be available through the Blizz Launcher, but Remastered definitely will.

jett

D-Member
It is purely a 2D sprites based game with zero 3D acceleration, it'll run on anything released after 2005.

CG cutscenes are re-rendered at 1080p with original assets, certain story elements that were just in-game dialogues are now shown in comics.

I sure would like to see what is the original CG going to look like in HD.

samred

free pizza being given away by Blizzard to up to 50 SCR LAN parties being thrown today.

Starting at 6pm ET today, Blizzard will begin accepting entries for the only "free pizza for your LAN party" contest we have ever found on the Internet.

From that hour until 11pm ET, series fans are invited to capture "a wholly original photograph of Entrant participating in a StarCraft Remastered LAN party with at least one (1) friend," then post it on Twitter with a #StarCraftPizzaMe hashtag. (Meaning, you can't pull out a few computers, boot SCR on all of them, and add a caption about how everyone else has gone to pick up Doritos and Mountain Dew. #foreveralone)

Minions

Op is missing Turret/defense games as a game type. For shame.

I am planning on picking this up soon. Sadly my free time is so minuscule anymore.

Pre-ordered. We should have some gaf players set up some games. My expectation is that playing ladder for scrubs like me is going to be impossible since everyone on ladder will be incredible. I doubt many new players will pick it up.

ScOULaris

Yeah, I actually provided that list for the OP, but I had taken it from an old thread that I made about UMS years ago. I noticed the glaring defense map omission after I had already sent the list to the OP, but I didn't think it was worth bothering him to revise it.

I've been playing some awesome defense maps lately in 1.19 (standard Brood War, pre-Remastered). Stuff like Poker Defense Nova, Random Beacon Defense, etc. I never used to play defense maps in my Brood War heyday, but now I love them.

Yeah, I actually provided that list for the OP, but I had taken it from an old thread that I made about UMS years ago. I noticed the glaring defense map omission after I had already sent the list to the OP, but I didn't think it was worth bothering him to revise it.

I've been playing some awesome defense maps lately in 1.19 (standard Brood War, pre-Remastered). Stuff like Poker Defense Nova, Random Beacon Defense, etc. I never used to play defense maps in my Brood War heyday, but now I love them.
Heck I'll revise it! I just need a good format or description for it or at least the link where I can find the info that you got ScOULaris.

ScOULaris

Heck I'll revise it! I just need a good format or description for it or at least the link where I can find the info that you got ScOULaris.

Just add this to the list:

• Defense: Turret Defense, Lurker D, Poker D, Matrix Defense, Marine Defense, Bunker Defense, Random Beacon Defense, Cannon Defense, Sunken Defense

That should cover most of the ones people would recognize at a glance.

TheContact

Anyone remember Commando Wars? (Start with small amount of marines that do damage and can be used as credits to buy stronger units. You accumulated kills by killing the enemy and the more kills you got the more marines you received to trade them in for stronger units. So good

Just add this to the list:

• Defense: Turret Defense, Lurker D, Poker D, Matrix Defense, Marine Defense, Bunker Defense, Random Beacon Defense, Cannon Defense, Sunken Defense

That should cover most of the ones people would recognize at a glance.
Alright it's been added! Thank you!

I used to play one called Bunker Defense, it was a lot of fun. And then again in Warcraft III called Orc Bunker Defense.

No shame in that. I personally SUCK ASS at StarCraft in the traditional RTS sense. I can sure play the shit out of tons of custom maps, though. That's my jam.

Some 4000 SC2 games with streamlined mechanics don't help either. I kinda wished them adding smart casting, building group and auto mining to the campaign only but it is probably not worth the risk for the team.

Sorry, only somewhat related but, does only Korea get the WoW pet for pre-ordering? I pre-ordered back in July but I only see us getting the new CC/Lair/Nexus skins.

Woorloog

Banned
Figured a Zerg-themed avatar would be appropriate while keeping the creepiness factor for my Flood avatar.

A Hunter Killer rather than standard Hydralisk.

Anyone know if it's possible to play with the original portraits and, even more importantly, the sound? They didn't revoice the units, did they? Brood War's audio direction is godlike, IMO, and a big reason why I never liked SC2 as much.

ScOULaris

Anyone know if it's possible to play with the original portraits and, even more importantly, the sound? They didn't revoice the units, did they? Brood War's audio direction is godlike, IMO, and a big reason why I never liked SC2 as much.

It's unclear whether the voices have been re-recorded or just enhanced using the original audio, but I'm pretty sure there are toggles for using the original portraits and voices either way.

Woorloog

Banned
It's unclear whether the voices have been re-recorded or just enhanced using the original audio, but I'm pretty sure there are toggles for using the original portraits and voices either way.

Enhanced. Apparently the original recording are lost so they had to do some computer magic with the existing files.
Or something like that.

The menus do have toggles.

New localizations got new voice recordings.

Top Bottom