• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I mentioned yet how much i love Togusa's hair?

I know I'm a bit behind, but having watched The Woman Called Fujiko Mine in the past month, Lupin's voice in the new series is killing me. It's like Lupin is a snarky teenager.

I never seen Lupin but the voice i'm hearing fits him well. He looks like a goofy voice having guy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I like the small detail that if you notice it quickly, you can see Togusa hiding behind the door as they're smashing it open.

From my point of view Krillin Lupin is the odd voice out.

This is the OG Lupin voice.

I never seen Lupin but the voice i'm hearing fits him well. He looks like a goofy voice having guy.

It's weird, because the voices sound similar to me, just the new series sounds pitched up a bit too much. When he lets his pitch drop while speaking, it sounds fine, but otherwise it is grating as hell to me.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kakashi and Togusa are dead.
Don't forget Piccolo!

Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 23 - Earth! Gohan! Both on the Ropes! Hurry and Get Here, Goku!!
11:00 - Attack on Titan - 26 - Beast Titan
11:30 - Attack on Titan - 27 - I'm Home
12:00 - Attack on Titan - 28 - Southwestward
12:30 - Attack on Titan - 29 - Soldier
1:00 - Attack on Titan - 30 - Historia
1:30 - Attack on Titan - 31 - Warrior
2:00 - Attack on Titan - 32 - Close Combat
2:30 - Attack on Titan - 33 - The Hunters
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 34 - Opening

Later.

It's an actual thing in some countries with shitty liability laws where people will deliberately not help others in obvious duress for risk of getting sued or charged with something.

cntr

Banned
Decent week. Not exceptionally great, but it was fine.

Later.

No, he'll live.
Oh, okay. Didn't think so, but the other posts confused me.

It's an actual thing in some countries with shitty liability laws where people will deliberately not help others in obvious duress for risk of getting sued or charged with something.
In particular, in Japan it's socially awkward to go help anybody without orders. That + cyberpunk, I can see why it'd happen like that.

Xe4

Banned
I've never been a fan of the "we have a vaccine/treatment but are suppressing it and only giving it to the rich/influential, because reasons" conspiracy theories, even in fiction. It's fine on its own, but far too many dumbasses in real life believe that about cancer and AIDS and shit. I feel like putting it in fiction encourages those thoughts, much as it should not.

Still, good episode. The action sequence was pretty great.

Night ya'll.

Seda

There really are only 3 more Attack on Titan S2 episodes, huh? Anime Expo would be a good place to hear about a replacement.

cntr

Banned
Yeah it's a bit of a tired trope, but I can swallow the GitS execution since it's more to do with the cyberpunk theme, and there's a concrete reason why they'd do it. Well, still need to see what's coming up, anyway.

In real life, though, stuff about secret cancer cures can be answered pretty easily: "Why did Steve Jobs die of cancer, then?"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've never been a fan of the "we have a vaccine/treatment but are suppressing it and only giving it to the rich/influential, because reasons" conspiracy theories, even in fiction. It's fine on its own, but far too many dumbasses in real life believe that about cancer and AIDS and shit. I feel like putting it in fiction encourages those thoughts, much as it should not.

Still, good episode. The action sequence was pretty great.

Night ya'll.
It even had a Boondocks like scene where the government bigwigs admitted it.

This doesn't mean there aren't real ass medical conspiracies. A huge cover-up and misinformation campaign is a good deal of the reason for the Opioid epidemic.

caliph95

Yeah it's a bit of a tired trope, but I can swallow the GitS execution since it's more to do with the cyberpunk theme, and there's a concrete reason why they'd do it. Well, still need to see what's coming up, anyway.

In real life, though, stuff about secret cancer cures can be answered pretty easily: "Why did Steve Jobs die of cancer, then?"
Obviously its a conspiracy to not bring attention to themselves and each time a rich person is sacrificed to hid the truth

Xe4

Banned
It even had a Boondocks like scene where the government bigwigs admitted it.

This doesn't mean there aren't real ass medical conspiracies. A huge cover-up and misinformation campaign is a good deal of the reason for the Opioid epidemic.
Oh absolutely. Pharmecudical companies lobbying to keep cold medicine (which doesn't really work anyhow) over the counter is another.

Still, this was way too on the nose and conspiratorial for my taste.

caliph95

Half of soncpiracies are a dumb and a lot of them are just making stuff more complicated

Rich and powerful people will do shady stuff without being in some sort of ancient secret society

Plus false flags requires way more effort and people to shut up that it will just be easier to just shot up a place etc.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The reason this conspiracy theory is actually true plot doesn't bug me is that it checks enough boxes to barely pass muster.

The outsider, a respected scientist albeit one not in this field happens upon a cure for a deadly disease at the same time the entire medical community is getting behind micromachine therapy (NANOMACHINES SON!) the new wonder cure for a whole host of diseases beyond just this one particular application. So the politicians conspired with the medical approval board to deny the actual cure and go on with the one with limited but still proven results that could be used for many other valid medical purposes.

It basically reminds me of Defense spending.

cntr

Banned
The reason this conspiracy theory is actually true plot doesn't bug me is that it checks enough boxes to barely pass muster.

The outsider, a respected scientist albeit one not in this field happens upon a cure for a deadly disease at the same time the entire medical community is getting behind micromachine therapy (NANOMACHINES SON!) the new wonder cure for a whole host of diseases beyond just this one particular application. So the politicians conspired with the medical approval board to deny the actual cure and go on with the one with limited but still proven results that could be used for many other valid medical purposes.

It basically reminds me of Defense spending.
Yeah, good point. Still think they could've pulled the execution off better, but makes sense.

The active ingredient in cold medicines is pseudoephephedrine, which became a restricted drug last decade because you can synthesize meth from it. So rather than let cold medicine become a prescription drug and lower profits, most over-the-counter cold medicines replaced it with phenylephrine, which...doesn't work. It doesn't affect colds at all.

So, yeah. Not really a conspiracy, but it's a thing.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
WVW69ka5068PAYPGPj

Retro Dead Togusa Becuz:

zlCfzRqpKP8Y9k4JO7

LA..La..LATER

Morlas

okay guys i know i said it last night, but that episode of tokyo ghoul was probably one of if not the worst thing i've seen on toonami
i actually ignored most of gxp
i'd rather have both SAO and akame ga kill back if s2 is even worse

Caught back up on the Super episode I didn't really watch last night. The English Dub really is a treat.

Toonami |MayJun17| YOU DARE SPEAK OF A DESTROYER’S ASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom