• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
If you have any cinema files that you want to upload to YouTube, better do it now because when the next patch comes, it'll crash your game. You won't be able to see them anymore. via Eric from ND:

Hi,

The next patch (1.08) is coming very soon. We'll have a full list of all the changes that will happen as soon as it's been fully tested and signed off. One very important item we want to inform you about right now is your cinema files. As soon you update to the next patch all previous cinema files you had will not work and will crash the game. In other words any cinema files you recorded pre-patch 1.08 won't work once patch 1.08 is installed.

Therefore we recommend that you upload any cinema files you currently want to save to YouTube.

As for the exact timing on the patch we'll keep you updated here on the forums and via the Naughty Dog Blog as well as on our Facebook and Twitter. For now it'll be best to get in the habit of uploading your favorite cinema files to YouTube as often as you can.

Please let us know in this thread if you have any questions. Full details on the next patch are coming soon!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
it seems that if you're not in a party with someone else or with more people, you just can't have any fun in this MP. It's such a fucking terrible and infurriating experience playing on any playlist alone. TDM solo - paired up against parties of 5 who will use nothing but gmals or m9 rate of fire meanwhile you're paired up with crappy team mates. Oh..in the RARE event (lol) that the people who you get paired up with do manage to give the other party a run for their money...guess what? They'll all quit to save their precious stats. There is just no win-win situation for TDM. I am getting so tired of getting matched with terrible players.

Team Objective? It's 50/50. Sometimes you'll get people that care and will do the objectives and other times you'll get people who don't give a shit. We've captured the hill! But forget about going inside it to score points because we're too busy getting kills! Treasure Hunter? People won't even grab the idol even if they're in front of it sometimes. it's like wtf.

Plunder is a joke. No one cares to score the idol. There is no incentive to score. Sometimes when you face off against parties, they'll hold the idol in their base to kill farm. It's UC2 all over again.
This is all due to the fact that kills in this mode count for your stats page (not the leaderboards one). It's probably the main reason why objective playlists like Plunder and Team Objective get plagued with these people. Why bother showing kills and deaths? What should ONLY be displayed are Objective points and plunder captures on your stats page when you are playing those modes.

Playing alone shouldn't be this bad. I want to be able to have some fun matches. I don't mind losing when the matches are close...that's fun because you're wondering who will take the victory. I don't want to join an on going game where the score is like 38-12. I don't want to join a team objective match when it's deathmatch and the other team has 2 points. I don't want to join a FFA match when a person needs 1 more kill to win a match. It's a waste of my time. I don't want to get paired up against parties 90% of the time in TDM.

EDIT: just now I get put into a TDM game where the score is 33-9 and a double damage power play is on. WTF is the point. God. :|

Tokubetsu

Yea, I'd be totally done with MP if it wasn't for co-op and even that is a pain unless you play with people you know. I've played with a gaffer once haha.

BHK3

Banned
it seems that if you're not in a party with someone else or with more people, you just can't have any fun in this MP. It's such a fucking terrible and infurriating experience playing on any playlist alone.

Team Objective? It's 50/50. Sometimes you'll get people that care and will do the objectives and other times you'll get people who don't give a shit. We've captured the hill! But forget about going inside it to score points because we're too busy getting kills! Treasure Hunter? People won't even grab the idol even if they're in front of it sometimes. it's like wtf.

Plunder is a joke. No one cares to score the idol. There is no incentive to score. Sometimes when you face off against parties, they'll hold the idol in their base to kill farm.

Playing alone shouldn't be this bad.

EDIT: just now I get put into a TDM game where the score is 33-9 and a double damage power play is on. WTF is the point. God. :|

U3 is my biggest disappointment this generation. They rushed the game out and changed next to nothing about the multiplayer for the positive. Reading this just saddens me because they were my exact thoughts, on launch day and it sucks that nothing has changed. It really is U2 all over again but worse.

Bree

it seems that if you're not in a party with someone else or with more people, you just can't have any fun in this MP. It's such a fucking terrible and infurriating experience playing on any playlist alone. TDM solo - paired up against parties of 5 who will use nothing but gmals or m9 rate of fire meanwhile you're paired up with crappy team mates. Oh..in the RARE event (lol) that the people who you get paired up with do manage to give the other party a run for their money...guess what? They'll all quit to save their precious stats. There is just no win-win situation for TDM. I am getting so tired of getting matched with terrible players.

Plunder is a joke. No one cares to score the idol. There is no incentive to score. Sometimes when you face off against parties, they'll hold the idol in their base to kill farm. It's UC2 all over again.
This is all due to the fact that kills in this mode count for your stats page (not the leaderboards one). It's probably the main reason why objective playlists like Plunder and Team Objective get plagued with these people. Why bother showing kills and deaths? What should ONLY be displayed are Objective points and plunder captures on your stats page when you are playing those modes.

Playing alone shouldn't be this bad. I want to be able to have some fun matches. I don't mind losing when the matches are close...that's fun because you're wondering who will take the victory. I don't want to join an on going game where the score is like 38-12. I don't want to join a team objective match when it's deathmatch and the other team has 2 points. I don't want to join a FFA match when a person needs 1 more kill to win a match. It's a waste of my time. I don't want to get paired up against parties 90% of the time in TDM.

All valid issues that were raised by several people, myself included, last summer when we tested the game. Naughty Dog has made it very clear they don't care about any of the issues you stated above. They're literally taken our money and ran with it.

You can try playing co-op ARENA with randoms. Its not perfect. You'll probably meet an idiot shooting you when friendly fire is on. You'll meet an idiot without team safe that throws grenades on you all the time. In both cases, I'd either leave the match or purposely get killed by their gunfire/grenades so I could kick them from the game. I suggest not playing anything over the hard difficulty. Most people can barely handle that. Playing Crushing with randoms has generally been a nightmare for me.

Co-op Adventure on hard is a bit rough. I feel its poorly designed.Heavy reliance on power weapons and team coordination (with random people? NOPE), areas are way too small,etc. I don't think any of the co-op arenas needed different difficulty levels. In a few months time, it will end up like Uncharted 2 and no one will play on hard or Crushing. You also have to keep in mind that people like to farm the bosses for treasures for shitty skins that take forever to unlock. So they're prone to leaving after they get treasures. :|

Don't bother with Co-Op Hunter. Its usually you and a random versus a team of synced players. If you start winning against the synced players, they'll leave. If your team is doing badly, your partner will leave.

Yeah...Uncharted 3 multiplayer..Yeah...Its...something... :\

U3 is my biggest disappointment this generation. They rushed the game out and changed next to nothing about the multiplayer for the positive. Reading this just saddens me because they were my exact thoughts, on launch day and it sucks that nothing has changed. It really is U2 all over again but worse.

I don't know man, if you go back and play U2 MP, its significantly worse compared to U3. Also, a lot of those complaints can be leveled against all online multiplayer games. People don't go after objectives and prefer to kill people online in most games.

SxP

They should just let a leave count as 0 kills, 20 deaths and 2 or 3 losses. But only if you were in the game for longer than 1 / 2 minutes. That way you can't quit a game at the last second for your stats, but you can leave immediately after you've joined an already lost game. Maybe they should apply this retroactively, that'll piss some people off.

jred2k

All this stuff you've mentioned infuriates me to no end, and I've only been playing this game a week. The GMAL combined with the lag I get is the worst. I am constantly being killed when in cover and around corners. I'm always wondering if it's my connection, but this is the only game I find this to happen in. I find Team Objective a little more fun than TDM, but the treasure sets keep me going back to TDM. I keep playing in hopes that I'll eventually get weapons on par with everyone else and the game will become more fun. However, its becoming increasingly apparent the fun in this game is mainly found in the co-op.

SxP

All this stuff you've mentioned infuriates me to no end, and I've only been playing this game a week. The GMAL combined with the lag I get is the worst. I am constantly being killed when in cover and around corners. I'm always wondering if it's my connection, but this is the only game I find this to happen in

Also great fun is when you kill someone and they drop a treasure or are in a hill/turf and you run to their body. Then, out of nowhere and when you have zero time to react a grenade spawns and immediately explodes. Lag only makes martyrdom worse.

Must look very silly to the guy you just killed as well. Someone running head first into a grenade.

I played Team Objective with randoms earlier and had some fun games. We were down 0-2 once and came back to win 3-2, that was pretty remarkable. The FMBP#2 maps still don't appear as often as i'd like, but i got to play them a few times. What really baffled me though was when Plaza and Facility came up and Facility won 4:3. WTH, Facility comes up all the time anyway, why vote for it over a new map? Luckily Plaza came up again a bit later and suddenly everyone was yelling its name. :)

Anyway, i hope that whatever they plan on doing to increase the appearance of the latest map pack in the rotation will work.

iLLmAtlc

Wow you just pretty much got verbatim my frustration with TDM this past week. I have a few more though.

I'm tired of the jumping shotgun (and power weapon) shit. There should be no blindfire lock with power weapons at all, it's just so unfair that you get the first jump on someone holding a power weapon, looks like you're going to get them, and all they have to do is jump and blindfire shoot their damn weapon to kill you.

Something else in TDM is when you're put into a game with a couple of guys who have pretty good stats on your team against a party of 5 and you're like "hey, maybe this will be a semi-competitive game after all", and they leave as soon as the game starts. That's weak as hell.

The lag in the game is also getting pretty pissing. I'm sure you guys have experienced it where you're standing at the top of the stairs on the villain (TDM) side on London Underground, right at the hole. You see somebody by the crate on the other side so you're like better run before they pull you down, then all of a sudden you get pulled down. This is on top of all of the get killed when you're behind cover stuff. The lag we've all been dealing with for a while but when you throw it on top of all of the ass kicking you get from parties of 5 it just makes it that much more of a crappy experience.

Anyhow sorry for venting but I feel like I may be approaching the point where I'm done with this game for good. I don't enjoy games where you team up with a party of 5 to beat down noobs and I'm getting tired of getting my ass kicked in games with super imbalanced teams so I'm not sure if there's much left for me here.

Maybe we can organize some GAF games where we can balance the teams right and have a few good games? That would probably be pretty fun.

iLLmAtlc

All this stuff you've mentioned infuriates me to no end, and I've only been playing this game a week. The GMAL combined with the lag I get is the worst. I am constantly being killed when in cover and around corners. I'm always wondering if it's my connection, but this is the only game I find this to happen in. I find Team Objective a little more fun than TDM, but the treasure sets keep me going back to TDM. I keep playing in hopes that I'll eventually get weapons on par with everyone else and the game will become more fun. However, its becoming increasingly apparent the fun in this game is mainly found in the co-op.

Hey man sorry we haven't had a chance to play together yet. Don't be shy, send me an invite!

Anyhow some good news since you like Team Objective (sort of) because probably the most desirable gun can be found there: Elena's G-MAL. It comes with Call-out, Reload Speed and Clip-Size.

One very important thing is to get yourself the Treasure Hunter booster immediately, and start leveling it. Once you get to level 3 the number of treasure drops you get are increased by a lot, and I mean a lot (something like close to 10-12 in an Objective game I think).

There aren't many good guns in TDM IMO so you shouldn't torment yourself in that mode if you're not having fun. But yeah, definitely start by equipping Treasure Hunter if you are trying to get better guns.

Just played in a party bigger than 2 for the first time since the last map pack hit and it helps significantly in finding the maps. We got Train Wreck, Plaza and Village in a row. Too bad we got our asses whooped in the 3rd game and they bailed on me. Gotta preserve that high KDR, i guess. :p

The jumping shotgun blast is annoying as ever, i'm glad they're addressing it soon.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
What do you guys suggest as a sidearm? Currently I'm using an Arm Micro buy I'm thinking of going back to the Para.
The Para9 is the best side arm in the entire game. The thing is that it will sometimes jam up on you when you are aiming it and not fire quickly. Kind of like what happens with the FAL-SS sometimes. The Micro has a consistent rate of fire so it'll never jam up on you, but nobody aims that much with it because the majority use it for blindfire. The Para though will get you kills from great distances and its blindfire is pretty effective too because it will take like 3 or 4 bullets + a punch to bring someone down. I use Marlowe's Para9 (Clip Size + Blindfire Accuracy), but if you don't have that one, you can always roll with Jade Para 9 (Reload Speed + Blindfire Accuracy).

The Raffica pistol is OK, but expect to miss bullets if your target is moving. Since it fires 3 bursts, there is a slight delay when you can shoot the next burst and this can screw you over if you're in close quarter combat or in an open area. I've been using it lately again and it's an OK side arm to have. I believe it's the only pistol in the entire game that has a little bit of stopping power. Para & Micro are obviously better choices IMO, but it's not a bad side arm like the TAU.

Don't bother with the TAU. I don't think increasing the ammo for it is going to help out the gun unfortunately. I've tried countless of times to like the gun, but it just isn't good.

DieH@rd

Banned
Just finished Uncharted 3. Dat ending action sequence... If i played it in 3D my eyes would explode. Perfect trilogy of games, 2 and 3 are really mindblowingly awesome.

Hopefully PS3 will get another Uncharted game before PS4 arrives.

Finally got the star on my level today! Luckily, the matchmaking system paired me up with some people who were determined to complete each map on Crushing. One already had a star on his level, so he was just helping me and someone else out, which was nice. So, now the only map I haven't completed on Crushing is The Fort, but that map is difficult.

Well I finally beat UC3, which means I have beaten 1-3 in the span of about 2 weeks. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but does anyone else think 3 is the best?

To me it has the best set pieces and the story actually diverges from the typical treasure hunt/villain thwarting of 1-2.

hao chi

What do you guys suggest as a sidearm? Currently I'm using an Arm Micro buy I'm thinking of going back to the Para.

I like Elena's Raffica for its accurate blindfire (two bursts and a melee usually gets a kill), and it's decent while aimed with L1.

The Para 9 is much better for aiming with L1 though, so it depends on what you're looking for.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I thought Syria was the WORST, most UNFAIR and unbalanced map for Plunder but boy was I so fucking wrong. Cave is the absolute worst. Awful. Just awful.

SxP

What is a 'legacy' player?

Like prestige in CoD. When you reach lvl 75 you can go legacy and you start at lvl 1 again and you lose all your weapon unlocks and booster progress and lose all but 10.000 of your cash. You keep your customization things though. You can do this 3 times, I think.

I thought Syria was the WORST, most UNFAIR and unbalanced map for Plunder but boy was I so fucking wrong. Cave is the absolute worst. Awful. Just awful.

The first time I played Cave in Team Objective I already knew it was the worst map ever for Plunder. Then again, I hate that map in all modes.

Going through my cinemas before the next patch is fun.

Realizing I saved a lot of crap... even better.

I was gonna do the same, but i couldn't even remember why i protected most of the cinemas. Since I couldn't be bothered to go through all of them, i just saved the 2-3 where i still knew why i protected them and unprotected all the others. :)

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Wtf. WTF.

How.

Just fucking HOW?

omfg. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

And it's a day time map! Thank you ND. More day time maps, please.

Man It'd be a dream if the labs playlist came out in 1.08 with a classic mode playlist and new maps.

New maps, classic style playlist, etc.= addiction.

The upcoming maps are looking cracking. Can't wait to explore and figure out my way around them, that's my favorite part about new maps.

So according to a user from the ND forums who got the last two maps right, the 4th map for this pack will be London Streets. Looking forward to see how that turns out.

It'll be a dark map. Bet on it.

:(

To be honest i wouldn't really mind, because i can't imagine how the area would look in broad daylight. A nighttime setting would also be more appropriate if the map will include the pub. I'll gladly let ND prove me wrong though.

By the way, i've been meaning to ask this before, why the beef against nighttime maps? Is it because of the lower visibility that makes enemies harder to spot, or do you dislike it purely from an aesthetic point of view? There aren't even that many of them. So far less than 25% of the maps in U3 are set during nighttime and the only i didn't like was high rise, because i preferred the vibrant colours in the U2 version.

hao chi

I've seen a few people on other forums asking for more daytime naps, but I actually love maps that take place at night and/or have bad weather.

Train Wreck :'(

Top Bottom