• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Festival of Champions-6

Best Manga Pokemon fight.

All Pokemon should have an emotional monologue moment.

EDIT:Like I can't get over how good the callback is to the previous chapter's road.

Puruzi

Banned
Ayame to Amane

rwdybongsdqlfbbia.jpg

Jesus christ lmao

Shokugeki no Soma 209

lol, Isshiki making this chapter great. Nice that we finally get to see what he's got.

Mousou Telepathy 233 - 240

Even with cheating Nanako just gets average grades.

Junji Ito's Tomie Chapter 1-3

The first serialization of horror manga icon Junji Ito, Tomie is about a high-school girl/ghost/vengeful creature/succubus/demon who is seemingly 100% immortal. In the first chapter she gets pushed off a cliff and hacked into 100 pieces, and then shows up in class the next day like nothing happened. In the chapters after that, she dies and becomes a kidney donor for another girl, and once the kidney starts growing like a fetus they have to take it out. Despite that, the girl is fine and the kidney eventually grows into another Tomie that sets itself on fire and dies. Then the girl turns into Tomie and walks out. Here are the abilities she seems to posses so far -

Immortality/Resurrection and the ability to reincarnate by placing her cells in other people
Mind Control
Seduction and the ability to influence people to become more violent, most of the time to Tomie herself
Self cloning?

It kind of reminds me of movies like The Thing or The Fly where at the beginning doctors and scientists try and study the creature and eventually fuck up. Usually I'm iffy on Japanese ghosts with that completely doom you just by contact with seemingly no rules (The Grudge is bullshit) but I'm digging this so far.

Currently on Chapter 267 in Berserk. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck this series is so damn good. The characters and amount of development they get is insane. Really thinking about getting dragon's dogma on steam to scratch off this berserk itch!

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch541

The scariest of them all.

Shishunki Bitter Change ch46

They all suck at relationships.

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch96

Kinda pathetic that he had to go 4 youkai against 2, but the fight is over at last.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

I already shipped Rindou and Isshiki so don't make it weird, authors.

upandaway

One Piece

Don't even need Big Mom's fruit, Bege is getting his life shortened just by working with the straw hats haha. Everyone are sleeping minutes before the action, Sanji's off in his own world. This is great.

cntr

Banned
Haikyuu 81 - 98

One thing I really like about this manga is how chill everybody is, none of the opponent teams are terrible or evil or whatever. There's a handful of people who're dicks, but they always end up being more complicated than they initially seem.

It's really refreshing.

upandaway

Haikyuu 81 - 98

One thing I really like about this manga is how chill everybody is, none of the opponent teams are terrible or evil or whatever. There's a handful of people who're dicks, but they always end up being more complicated than they initially seem.

It's really refreshing.
Yeah and even beyond that all the characters are well written and fleshed out, even the fodder teams, really unlike most other tournament sports manga

cntr

Banned
Yeah and even beyond that all the characters are well written and fleshed out, even the fodder teams, really unlike most other tournament sports manga
Yeah! Even the characters who seem like they're going to be background and irrelevant become important. Furudate's really good at handling the large cast, serious props to him.

Revo

Hajime no Ippo 1174

Has ippo really never had a match with lefty in nearly 1200 chapters?
Guess the next 1200 can be all about lefties.

mdubs

Banned
I got to read Forget Me Not volume 7 today and I found the end sort of disappointing.
First, the MC never really grew up in my eyes, despite his choice at the end showed a will to change, but he has fucked up every.single.time in the entire story at every step.
On the good side, he at least picked the best girl to try and go back to, though I would have preferred that part to actually be expanded and not stop there.

This was my thought as well. The rest of the series is so damn good it felt like this volume buckled a little bit under that weight. I wrote about it here https://www.taykobon.com/content/2017/3/18/forget-me-not-vol-7-manga-review

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Marry Me!

A cute concept - a law says you have to sign up to marry someone if you're a NEET at 28. He moves in with a super naive girl and they have cute interactions. Then a fucking brat kid shows up and ruins it to the point its not worth reading. Within like 3 chapters.

Revo

It's so when he beats his ass to dust it'll be all the more impressive.

After all the is he quitting or not stuff I do find myself wanting ippo to be impressive.
So he better be god damn impressive.

I can, I just didn't expect the payoff to come two pages later. Aliens must have been parked right outside of Earth and saw that and been like "What the fuck?"

I thought it was gonna be leading up to more moral stuff about trying your best anyway but i guess they did that too.

Viz has an Anime Boston panel today. Crossing my fingers that they'll announce a Promised Neverland print license

Usually most Weekly shonen jump title have a 4 volume difference between Viz and the Japan release no? So will it is inevitable that it will happen. It's too soon.

mdubs

Banned
Usually most Weekly shonen jump title have a 4 volume difference between Viz and the Japan release no? So will it is inevitable that it will happen. It's too soon.

Usually, it's about five to six. I think (me just speculating) if they want it out for this fall, they'll announce it now.

For example, Black Clover only had 3 volumes out in Japan when they announced it was licensed, and MHA only had 3 as well. There's been a trend of them licensing Jump stuff earlier in the lifespan if it is fire (or in the case of Black Clover, not fire). If they announce now and first volume comes out in October, that's a five volume gap. They might also potentially do a three month print cycle for each volume like they did with MHA to expand the gap and release sooner.

Who knows though

bobohoro

Boruto 11

Something feels off about Sarada's design.
Has she always worn heels?
And kinda looked like a 3-year old in panels?

And great, another spoiled brat. How annoying can it be.

Youkai Shoujo 96

Praise the bush.
I guess we're in for another collapse and nursing chapter.

The Miniature Garden of Twindle 6
Uh. So she's playing happy families with her zombies. I didn't think the siblings would reunite so quickly, but there're still two obvious hurdles to overcome before the retrieval mission's a success. I'm assuming Nicola's brain is still functioning normally, more's the pity for the guests.

mdubs

Banned
I think this is the first time they announced bringing it over in English. Could be wrong though

Edit: Called it! :)

Promised Neverland license, print coming this winter http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ren-of-the-whales-sp-baby-juni-taisen/.114163 Edit: Maybe digital only? Viz's twitter says digital only, ANN says print and digital, so who knows. I've seen Viz's twitter screw up before though

Maybe promised neverland volumes will come out digitally before print?

mdubs

Banned
Maybe promised neverland volumes will come out digitally before print?

Edit: They clarified, coming out digital first. October is pretty late for a digital release though especially since they just have to edit and do the retouching/lettering. I would have thought it would be in their interest to push the digital volumes out as soon as possible, and then October would be realistic for the first print volume.

Tomie 3-11

Remember when Junji Ito was going to work on Silent Hills with Del Toro?

Man good thing that never happened, he's super bad at this.

is this sarcasm??

also can you recommend some ito? I read the spiral one, and one about an alternate universe i think called the black paradox? I dont know what his best work is

Top Bottom