• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Dammit why did I click on the minifigure list for that Batmobile?! D:

I guess I just assumed it wouldn't have spoilers, but there was definitely one there that I'd have loved to have seen in the movie first (I'm seeing it Sunday).

Not going to look at the pictures of the set until after, though.

Anyone want pictures from the Sweden LEGO Store? Going by it in a few hours on my way to see La La Land.

Edit: How's Hulk vs Red Hulk?

Ryuuroden

Theres a U wing in there and older stuff too. Weird collection to dump for that cheap.

Could be angry wife or husband. My girlfriends ex husband sold her car worth 8000 dollars for 400 to screw her. Took 3 years of court and she still hasn't gotten the money it was really worth.

So the Fire Brigade is about 27 bricks from plate to roof (without counting the bell house on the top). This looks like 17-18 to the top of the shop itself. So with the tower, maybe as high as the top of the Fire Brigade? I wonder if there is an attic. Can't wait for the reveal video!

Could be angry wife or husband. My girlfriends ex husband sold her car worth 8000 dollars for 400 to screw her. Took 3 years of court and she still hasn't gotten the money it was really worth.

Could be very be. Look that all sets were assembled but throw in boxes. Someone clean the shelves quickly.

Voror

So is it generally better to buy everything through the Lego store? I admit I'm looking at getting a few sets now and was actually thinking of stopping at Target as I know they have some of the sets I want to get.

But looking at the Lego store, some are about the same price whereas others are actually cheaper if I get them at someplace like Target or Amazon.

Or does it not matter much beyond the points?

This is beautiful, not the kind of set I normally buy but I love it

It looks smaller than the original design and not quite as special but still tempting

The solution to make the set larger is to buy 2 or more of the same set. :)

Those were amazing improv skills.

It would help sell multiple sets if someone would post a photo of a full train made of 3 or more of those set. :)

Another image of 70917 Ultimate Batmobile

Movie Spoilers!

http://i.imgur.com/iVFC5Ix.jpg

The source http://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...go-releases-ultimate-batmobile-set-2017-02-10

It says
The “Ultimate Batmobile” set will be released on June 1 with a retail price of $129.99 (on Brickset there is German price of 139.99 Eur)

The set includes eight minifigures of “Lego Batman” characters —
Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Polka-Dot Man on a flying disc, Alfred Pennyworth (in Batsuit), Wicked Witch of the West and two Flying Monkeys.

The Batmobile divides into
four different vehicles — the Batmobile, Batwing, Bat-Tank and Batcycle —

and there is a rotating Bat-Signal with a Lego light brick.

DARN YOU LEGOGAF! I was gonna skip the spoiler, but I saw all the reactions and had to check it out. AWESOME!

That set is pure imagination and awesome like sets we saw from The LEGO Movie.

Osahi

Bought and built Joker's lowrider today. Brilliant vehicle!

Can't get the weels to 'click' into the lower stand though. They always pop back up immidiatly. Did I do something wrong?

Markus

But looking at the Lego store, some are about the same price whereas others are actually cheaper if I get them at someplace like Target or Amazon.

Or does it not matter much beyond the points?

Outside of certain exclusive sets that aren't carried by other retailers (eg Seasonal sets such as 40236 Romantic Valentines Picnic; but excess stock of older seasonal sets have popped up at other retailers the year after they have been retired and disappeared) getting a free promo you can't live without, or catching a Black Friday/Xmas sale at LEGO, you'll find much better prices at other retailers if you have patience.

Points are only worth 5% (or 10% to 15% during occasional 2x and 3x VIP events) and can only be redeemed at LEGO stores/Shop at Home. Most retailers such as Amazon have been recently discounting brand new released sets at 20%+ off, and clearance sales have been really good in the past several months most likely due to the crazy volume LEGO has been producing due to perceived demand.

You can lower you buy in cost through purchasing discounted gift cards from eBay or sites like Cardcash or Raise and combine this with retailer specific deals such as ToysRus TRUTH discount (but beware, TrU tends to raise their "regular" prices well above MSRP so be aware of what they actually cost elsewhere), K-Mart Surprise points or getting a business account at Amazon for exclusive discounts, or using coupon deals at YoYo.com/Jet.com. And don't forget you can generally price match other sales at most retailers.

You can do some reading on deals over at Brickpicker. As much as their members tend to bother me by how ruthless they are acquiring sets to re-sell, they really know the ins and outs of getting the best deal.
https://community.brickpicker.com/forum/14-buying-selling/

mu cephei

I thought this Lego addiction thing was just a bit of a joke. Now, I'm worried.

I'm interested in all these:

LEGO 60124 City In/Out Volcano Exploration Base Construction Set
LEGO 70738 Ninjago Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty
LEGO 70595 Ninjago Ultra Stealth Raider Building Set
LEGO Star Wars 75105 Millennium Falcon
LEGO Star Wars 75155 Rebel U-Wing Fighter Building Set
LEGO 31052 Creator Vacation Getaways Construction Set

But there's a fairly significant chance I might actually buy most of them, not just one (or two). Lego is so soothing to build. Kind of like I imagine those adult colouring books are, but with a vastly better end product!

Does anyone have an idea which of those might be discontinued (the ones that aren't already that is) and which are the most fun to build?

Another image of 70917 Ultimate Batmobile

Movie Spoilers!

http://i.imgur.com/iVFC5Ix.jpg

This is fab. I'm kind of glad it's not available until June, though.

And done. Man, that was an awesome movie. It followed up The Lego Movie perfectly, and it was probably even more of a toy commercial. I was basically tallying up the costs as the movie went along. "Yup, will have to get that, and that for that figure, and that."

Went to TRU for the Batman car build and all the march sets were out. Red hulk set was $80. I passed but if you're itching to get them early it might be worth stopping in.

Plum

Got back from the local big supermarket today and caught a glimpse of the TLBM sets they had in. I seriously considered buying the Joker Hotrod and/or the Penguin car then and there, but decided against it. One day I'm going to end up buying a non-Creator Expert/Architecture/Ideas set and it'll all be your fault, LegoGAF!

iosefe

Just got out of the movie, stayed until I saw Brent Waller. It was amazing. Definitely go watch it

buy the sets now

That was undoubtedly the greatest Batman movie ever, and probably tied with TAS as the best Batman anything I've ever seen.

I need every set and all Bat Suit variations

Bii

I think we all stayed until we saw Brent Waller's name scrolling in the credits. haha

Took our son to watch the movie and he was so pumped before, during and after the movie. Many laughs were had. We then stopped by one of the Toys R Us for Emmet's Bat-Car building event. We were half an hour early and we saw other families hovering around, so I "started" the line behind a lady and everyone followed suit. I'm glad we were at the front because having to wait for people to get their pieces took longer than I thought.

I also purchased the Batcave Break-In two weeks ago from Wal-Mart when they had it for $70 or whatever it was. Had to hide it until we saw the movie, so my son and I will build it after he wakes from his nap.

qGmmoB9.jpg

uiiPQF2.jpg

wetwired

In my mind everyone who's sitting through the credits to see my name is laughing manically because I have to wait another 6 weeks to see it.

theater-movies-luaghing-deniro.gif

While I'm happy that that spoiler set includes
actual Flying Monkeys, it just makes me more confused and angry that we still have none of the actual main characters from Wizard of Oz - yet we have TWO Wicked Witch of the West minifigs now.

Also, WTF missed opportunity for
minifigs of Night Wing and awesome 60s Batman with mustache. We just get another normal Robin instead? And none of those goofy Batgirl variants?
C'mon Lego, c'mon.

In my mind everyone who's sitting through the credits to see my name is laughing manically because I have to wait another 6 weeks to see it.

I made my kids wait and see! Worth it.

I bought the Scuttler today and I am so glad I did. Loved it in the movie....I am really hoping we get a
Nightwing
costume....and I would buy a full CMF set based on the closing credits.

I still can't believe they have done it again after the Lego Movie and their complaints of piracy. It's a long, long wait for us but it'll be worth it.

TheFuzz

Saw TLBM. As a lifelong Batman fan, I loved every minute. My 3-year old daughter asked to see it and enjoyed it, too. As her first time in a theatre, I was surprised how attentive she was.

Also, Scuttler went from a "probably" to a "must-buy." The Speedwagon is getting bought, too.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Lego Movie had 3 waves, I'm sure Lego Batman Movie will too. There's still many, many sets they could make off the movie.
This.

Lego Movie had a wave in January a whole year after its release so hoping similar for this. Plus there's always the bluray/dvd release to support.

This figure from the new Town House set looks like LEGO stealth released an unofficial Walter Peck figure for Ghostbusters. Complete with no penis.

wetwired

This figure from the new Town House set looks like LEGO stealth released an unofficial Walter Peck figure for Ghostbusters. Complete with no penis.

Needs to be flesh colour and then I'd be all over it.

I'm still convinced TLBM minifig pack is a stealth Village People set

maxresdefault.jpg

Needs to be flesh colour and then I'd be all over it.

I'm still convinced TLBM minifig pack is a stealth Village People set

maxresdefault.jpg
All it is missing is an Indian.

But seriously, the Town House guy has the Peck suit down pat. Quickly head swap and you are done.
Although he looks a tad too happy.

Will the book be as bland as the character?

Ouch!

These $12 minifigs are getting to be expensive. Just start making a limited collectible series geared for comic book people already LEGO. I'd easily pay $5 for characters that won't make it into sets.

Need Guy Gardner and Blue Beetle from the Bwahahahaha days in Justice League.

Maengun1

Bought and built Joker's lowrider today. Brilliant vehicle!

Can't get the weels to 'click' into the lower stand though. They always pop back up immidiatly. Did I do something wrong?

Nah, it definitely wants to default to being up. I have to fiddle with mine quite a bit if I want to pose it any other way. It's mostly just fun to push it down and have it pop back up a bunch of times.

Rootbeer

Banned
Fun thing to do if you have an iPhone.

Open Siri and say, "Hey 'Puter" for some LEGO Batman easter egg responses.

It has several responses.

FWIW, Batman's Computer is voiced by "Siri" in The LEGO Batman Movie. Also, Batman uses a LEGO iPhone (complete with Apple Logo and all) a few times in the film, lol

Top Bottom