• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Heard nothing from Lego so I'm assuming Brick Friday will be identical to the VIP preview, except now I have the advantage of £5 off. Lets see if an £85 Fire Station is possible.

I had a close look at the postcard I got, and the merchandise target is after VIP points redemption, but doesn't mention vouchers. So don't spend your VIP pints, but 10% off + £5 + Christmas set + pick a brick box should be doable.

Got 946 points at the moment, should break 1000 points today.

sharbhund

Is a complete Haunted House w/ instructions but no box for 150 shipped a good price?

Not really. You can get it on the LEGO website now for $162 after the 10% discount, plus you'll get the free holiday set (although you'll have to wait til January for it to ship).

I just got back from the LEGO store, and the only discounted sets I saw there that weren't on sale on the website was Kingdoms Joust and Star Wars Battle for Geonosis. I picked up the Haunted House, but only got a 10% discount card. I was told there's a 1% chance of a 50% off card, and a 3-4% chance of a 20% off card. 95% of the cards are just 10% off.

Not really. You can get it on the LEGO website now for $162 after the 10% discount, plus you'll get the free holiday set (although you'll have to wait til January for it to ship).

I just got back from the LEGO store, and the only discounted sets I saw there that weren't on sale on the website was Kingdoms Joust and Star Wars Battle for Geonosis. I picked up the Haunted House, but only got a 10% discount card. I was told there's a 1% chance of a 50% off card, and a 3-4% chance of a 20% off card. 95% of the cards are just 10% off.
why is it 300 at amazon?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I had a close look at the postcard I got, and the merchandise target is after VIP points redemption, but doesn't mention vouchers. So don't spend your VIP pints, but 10% off + £5 + Christmas set + pick a brick box should be doable.

Got 946 points at the moment, should break 1000 points today.

When you mention the christmas set and the box (which I forgot about) makes me realise that this could be a good time to get a modular. Hopefully I won't fall for the buy one want them all curse. I think I'll go with the Fire Brigade as that will come under £100 at the end of the day. Pet Shop will have to wait, if I ever decide to get it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
When you mention the christmas set and the box (which I forgot about) makes me realise that this could be a good time to get a modular. Hopefully I won't fall for the buy one want them all curse. I think I'll go with the Fire Brigade as that will come under £100 at the end of the day. Pet Shop will have to wait, if I ever decide to get it.

Fire brigade is 1p under £100, so buy a minifig too to get the 10%

mrklaw

MrArseFace
forgot the little scratch card.

Just bought the winter bakery and the PS3 LotR game. £90 - £5 discount - 10% scratchcard + pick a brick box + Christmas set + 5% VIP (£50 saved up now)

All for £77. Not too shabby. Kind of glad I didn't get a 50% voucher or id have gone nuts and bought the deathstar and SSD

shit, thinking about it, I should have spent £10 on Gandalf to take it over £100, then id have got another 10% off making Gandalf effectively free :

mrklaw

MrArseFace
just went back and asked about whether I could return everything and rebuy + a small set to take it over £100. But the manager said the 10% is only online, and you get the minimum 10% from the scratch card instead.

But my postcard from Lego says 10% online or I store, PLUS additional savings instore on Friday.

Which is correct? Is the scratch card an extra bonus for Friday only?

Don't want to push unnecessarily but it'd be equivalent to a free Gandalf arrrives set.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
just went back and asked about whether I could return everything and rebuy + a small set to take it over £100. But the manager said the 10% is only online, and you get the minimum 10% from the scratch card instead.

But my postcard from Lego says 10% online or I store, PLUS additional savings instore on Friday.

Which is correct? Is the scratch card an extra bonus for Friday only?

Don't want to push unnecessarily but it'd be equivalent to a free Gandalf arrrives set.

Wait, so I won't get 10% off for spending over £100? I can't remember where I put that card since I assumed it was just notifying me of the offer.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wait, so I won't get 10% off for spending over £100? I can't remember where I put that card since I assumed it was just notifying me of the offer.

You'll get at least 10% off with the scratch card, possibly more. But he said that was their in store version of the online 10% off, so I don't think you'll get both.

Was planning to go out today but by the time I get up this afternoon, all those scratch cards will be gone.

Was pretty quiet in Westfield. No queue, just a small poster in the window about the free Christmas set

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Thinking about jumping on the mini modulars at that price. Wife is out shopping today so need to check with her first. I don't believe she can get it in any stores though. Deals aren't really good enough for me to jump on anything else.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
ninjago fire temple for half price (amazon UK black friday)? got to be done, right?

edit: done. May need to hide it in the loft

Ironmask

So if i do my first purchase on Lego.com and join the VIP membership, i'll get the VIP Points immediately or on the next purchase?

i don't know if it's better the Haunted House or the LOTR Special Pack (9474 + 9471) at the same price the latter give me double VIP Points....

Etaber

So if i do my first purchase on Lego.com and join the VIP membership, i'll get the VIP Points immediately or on the next purchase?

i don't know if it's better the Haunted House or the LOTR Special Pack (9474 + 9471) at the same price the latter give me double VIP Points....

It's immediate.

Falch

Today's haul:

Q0Zjh.jpg

Got a great deal online (Dutch webshop). Already have Gandalf's Arrival, now contemplating getting Helm's Deep to complete the first LOTR series.

I wish there was a way to get a hold of some of those LOTR polybags, especially the Mirkwood Elf Guard.

Today's haul:

Q0Zjh.jpg

Got a great deal online (Dutch webshop). Already have Gandalf's Arrival, now contemplating getting Helm's Deep to complete the first LOTR series.

I wish there was a way to get a hold of some of those LOTR polybags, especially the Mirkwood Elf Guard.

Uruk Hai Army set is not complete unless you have Helm's Deep for it. It just looks like a small little wall just sitting there otherwise. And the Helm's Deep set is awesome. Plus it comes with Theoden. Only way to get him so far.

EDIT: Alright, I am posting OT2. It is off to work for me. You all have a safe shopping day. Hopefully the horde is okay this year at my retail job.

LegoGAF OT 2

Falch

Uruk Hai Army set is not complete unless you have Helm's Deep for it. It just looks like a small little wall just sitting there otherwise. And the Helm's Deep set is awesome. Plus it comes with Theoden. Only way to get him so far.

EDIT: Alright, I am posting OT2. It is off to work for me. You all have a safe shopping day. Hopefully the horde is okay this year at my retail job.

LegoGAF OT 2

Yeah I'll probably cave in and het Helm's Deep too sometime soon.

ghostmind

My interest in LEGO reignited thanks to this thread. I've seen a lot of GAF'ers enter this topic, decide to stay and grow this into a vibrant and fun community. As we move to a new thread after thousands of posts and over a million views, may our community continue to thrive.

Milamber

This sure was a long thread. I, for one am glad that we'll be moving soon to a new one. Hopefully the new one will have a ton more amazing pictures of everyone's builds.

S8 Minifigures are 50% off at the Canadian stores-not sure if they are for the US ones as well.

Took care of some Christmas presents and happily walked away with the Christmas horse carriage.

wetwired

I'm gonna miss this thread, mainly because I have the chrome gaf highlighting extension and since I made this thread is shows up nice and green in the list of threads, now I'll have to actually go digging for the new OT :(

TripOpt55

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Gathering is totally rad! And I say this ass someone who (blasphemy, I know) fucking hates the Lord of the Rings.

It's a great build, with awesome pieces, and amazing playability. Highly recommended!

Here's a more authoritative review:

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2012/...pected-gathering-best-set-of-all-time-review/

I am not the biggest LotR fan (though I did read The Hobbit when I was young), but this set looks really cool.

Edit: Oops. My bad. Thought this was the new thread!

fugimax

how is it? a place near my house is giving it at 80€ (this will forward my first modular experience of 6 months at last)
Great so far. 4 hours in and just finished the first instruction book. Another few hours in it, I think. The interior is super-detailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom