• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
but are you getting your money's worth? genuinely curious

Depends on what you want out of it and if you already have Prime or not. It's let me catch up on Made in Abyss (which is great) and the new season of Rage of Bahamut (which ranges from okay to bad). I guess there's other good exclusives on there? Personally, I think the Amazon licensed properties should be part of Prime like the rest of their TV shows.

I'll probably drop it at the end of the season, depending on the exclusives for next season.

Found this threat in my mailbox...

Send help....

They're still trying to keep Under the Dog going? Now that it's a known quantity as opposed to "the savior of anime" I imagine it'll be harder to get people to donate towards a Kickstarter, especially for things such as a live action short, but I guess we'll see.

Taruranto

Koi to Uso 11

tpvctMe.jpg

I love Misaki No I love Ririna No I love Misaki No I love Ririna

Admittedly, they are both nice people, but jeez. This was also kinda rushed, I guess they are going for an anime original ending?

Found this threat in my mailbox...

Send help....

They have you address, it's too late. Either move out or renounce anime forever.

Just completed my rewatch of Lucky Star. I haven't watched it in close to a decade, back when it and Haruhi were the big crazes in the Anime scene. So this rewatch was kind of illuminating since back when I originally watched it, I didn't quite get the big deal about it since my knowledge of anime was limited to what had previously aired on Toonami. I'm a little more well-versed now, so I got more of the insider "otaku jokes."

Despite that, my feels to the show is actually still the same as it was back then. I never really cared for the way they inserted so many new characters into the second cour. Still a pretty amusing show overall.

Cornbread78

Koi to Uso 11
I love Misaki No I love Ririna No I love Misaki No I love Ririna
Admittedly, they are both nice people, but jeez. This was also kinda rushed, I guess they are going for an anime original ending?

That's a good ending card.

IT's funny to say that nobody has any idea how they are going to end this. Will they even end it or are they going to drop the "Read the Manga" to get the true ending BS? I liked where they were going after ep.8/9, but the past couple just muddies the water more.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gamers! 10

The art in this episode seemed a bit janky, but maybe all of them were and I just didn't notice.

Kind of a ho-hum episode; basically nothing really happened and everyone's in an identical position from where they were when the episode started in terms of the number of running misunderstandings. I'm also a little surprised Konoha had no reaction at all to finding out that Amano is dating Tendou given her introduction episode had her talking about playing second fiddle to Tendou in middle school. Granted, she didn't meet her in person so maybe he just thinks there's plenty of other girls named Nintendo out there.

kyo2004

Gamers! 1-10

Piqued my interest from the gaming OP thread and the YT video dissecting the opening. I thought "we'll, this is interesting, might watch an episode or two"...

Man, the trainwreck with all the misunderstandings is glorious, I haven't laugh so much with an anime in years. The characters are so lovely and we'll written that you cannot escape the charm that transpires... XD

BTW, why Chiaki gets the worst part of that trainwreck?... Why?... It's no fair for her... :(

PS: Now waiting 1 week for an episode will be painful, especially with the cliffhangers that set-up every ep.... XD

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gamers! 1-10

Piqued my interest from the gaming OP thread and the YT video dissecting the opening. I thought "we'll, this is interesting, might watch an episode or two"...

Man, the trainwreck with all the misunderstandings is glorious, I haven't laugh so much with an anime in years. The characters are so lovely and we'll written that you cannot escape the charm that transpires... XD

BTW, why Chiaki gets the worst part of that trainwreck?... Why?... It's no fair for her... :(

PS: Now waiting 1 week for an episode will be painful, especially with the cliffhangers that set-up every ep.... XD

If they were trying to set Chiaki up as a reasonable Veronica to Tendou's Betty they did a pretty bad job if you ask me. She's just a distaff counterpart to Amano, who isn't exactly the most likable character himself - he's only really funny in that Uehara and Tendo bounce off of him.

Uehara's terrible attempts at scheming and Tendo's adorkable-ness are pretty much what fuel the series.

Cornbread78

Classroom of the Elite ep.10
Panty thief, yawn.

Here's my expectation of this arc:
The girl from class C was beaten and forced to stay with class D, essentually keeping class C on the island with just her there mooching off class D... everyone be shocked!

Sad if true...

Dive!! Episode 11

Wow Ryo and Tomo actually made up and laughed together and everything, this was so so so perfect. I loved it.

The diving and such was so perfect this episode everyone was on point but Yoichi, but then Yoichi, yoichi yoichi :( :( :( Please dont do like Tomo at that one dive practice, please, you need to do well. I wish we got two episodes this week cause this is just way too suspenseful to wait for.

Reiji is also good too, Im so glad he actually stuck with it and is doing well.

Chase17

The Ancient Magus' Bride: Those Awaiting a Star 1-3
This was enjoyable. Looking forward to the series next month.

Big takeaway: Also close the door behind you.

Windy Tales 13 END

As beautiful as ever, but a bizarre, confusing, and jumbled way to end the show. I've occasionally noticed previous episodes being a bit obtuse in the way they were structured, but this episode has to be the worst of all in that regard. I can't figure out what the purpose of any of it was supposed to be. Kind of leaves a sour taste in my mouth, after having enjoyed most of the series up to this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom