• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT3 | Playing with our sticks while petting Jaguars!

TFGB

Excellent shots, very nice.

Cheers Fallout! Tacky iPhone shots unfortunately lol. :/
I like that you have the most expensive/exclusives cars of any of us in the thread yet you drive them and talk like you own an everyday runabout, says a lot about you!

I'm also a big fan of driving the cars I own rather than parking them at a meet and staring at em ;)
If you ever randomly want to import something from Japan hit me up and I'll hook you up
Cheers Futaba! ����I agree, I don't see the point in owning any car and not using it? Maybe some of the Youtubercrowd like to own, pose, beg for views then flip. Not my style at all. I prefer to buy the car, remain anonymous and drive forever. ��

If you can't afford a hit in depreciation then look elsewhere for your kicks.

v1lla21

One of these days autogaf is gonna have a meet at TFGB's place :p
Great pictures. Nice to see an owner actually drive the cars instead of having them locked away in storage.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Cheers Fallout! Tacky iPhone shots unfortunately lol. :/

Cheers Futaba! ����I agree, I don't see the point in owning any car and not using it? Maybe some of the Youtubercrowd like to own, pose, beg for views then flip. Not my style at all. I prefer to buy the car, remain anonymous and drive forever. ��

If you can't afford a hit in depreciation then look elsewhere for your kicks.

Exactly how I feel about Amiibos. They're toys... they're meant to be played with!

$15 action figures are pretty much the same thing as six-figure automobiles, right? ;p

Awesome pics!

TFGB

Lmao cheers chaps!

Not sure about a meet at mine as I live in a top floor appartment in the middle of town! You're welcome of course, but the car parking might be a bit of a mare! 🙄

boltz

Stupid question, I know...

Like most everyone said - 25 miles over two days, and the manual hasn't been a problem, since. I definitely notice my shifts, especially into first and second, getting better and better - but the basics are there.

That said, today I found myself struggling. I was at a stop sign, waiting to turn left on a perpendicular road. On a hill. Two cars in front of me.

I slow down to get behind the two cars. Put car in neutral. Clutch out and foot on break. One car goes, and so car in front of me moves up. There's a line behind me, so I need to move.

So, since I'm on a hill, I need a little more throttle. But I don't really have time to rev, feather clutch out while applying gas, get into first, and immediately press in clutch and break again and put into neutral. There's just not enough space. This is exacerbated by the fact I don't know when I'll necessarily need to move up again - possibly immediately.

I don't want to just ride the clutch and stay in this half clutch half accelerator without ever actually engaging first. Looking back, I could have just kept it in first, I guess... kept foot on clutch and break, car moves, slowly release clutch. But being on the hill, I still have to give it a fair bit of acceleration, so I never would have fully released the clutch... meaning I'm just riding it just the same.

So, yeah, short version: best way to move very short distances while on a hill?

I've never had a problem with riding the clutch in those kind of low speed, short distance situations. Considering how much clutch slip you go through a normal day of driving through traffic lights and stop signs, it's pretty minor.

I had to post this here today I saw something I have never seen before in my life. A 100,000 dealer mark up.

BMW in Santa Monica, CA had a 2016 BMW M4 GTS coup for $134,000 with a 100k mark up for a 234k grand total. I kid u not its in the show room. If I had the money, and I don't I wouldn't even pay base price for that car.

For 234k I think I would be in a different brand dealership lol. Have you ever heard of such a markup before?

That is crack-pipe, collector car pricing. I wonder what those things will be worth 5-10 years from now.

I just looked here in Lubbock and there are a grand total of 2 vehicles on Turo. 2012 Chevy Avalanche for $42 a day and a 2015 Grand Cherokee SRT for $432 a day lol

lol, yeah some of the prices on Turo are delusional.

Is there really anything that competes with the GTI in the US if I'm looking for an automatic transmission? My 2008 is still going strong but I'm looking at a new job this summer and wouldn't mind getting something newer.

Closest thing I can think of is a CVT WRX. But there's no way I would choose one of those over a DSG GTI.

Try using your handbrake until you get used to doing it with footbrake only? I never fully engage the clutch either if I am just moving a meter, just dip the clutch after a moment and let momentum carry you. I never ride it for more than a second though.

Is there really anything that competes with the GTI in the US if I'm looking for an automatic transmission? My 2008 is still going strong but I'm looking at a new job this summer and wouldn't mind getting something newer.

Do you guys get the 1 series in the US? I picked up an M140i recently for far cheaper than a GTI and it probably meets most your criteria for a hatch.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Try using your handbrake until you get used to doing it with footbrake only? I never fully engage the clutch either if I am just moving a meter, just dip the clutch after a moment and let momentum carry you. I never ride it for more than a second though.

Do you guys get the 1 series in the US? I picked up an M140i recently for far cheaper than a GTI and it probably meets most your criteria for a hatch.

Only the X1 at the moment. It might come next year but like Mercedes BMW likes to present its us brand as purely luxury even though some models are quite practical and good value.

In fact it's always fascinating to get in an E class taxi in Europe and see cloth trim and other low end options.

Only the X1 at the moment. It might come next year but like Mercedes BMW likes to present its us brand as purely luxury even though some models are quite practical and good value.

In fact it's always fascinating to get in an E class taxi in Europe and see cloth trim and other low end options.

That's a damn shame, there just aren't any RWD hatches on the market nowadays. I managed to get 23% off mine, so it was amazing value.

I understand BMW to be killing off the 1 series RWD platform though, replacing it with FWD in future like they've already done for China. So looks like there won't be any new RWD hatches in future!

Speaking of pov spec trim, apparently Europe gets the M140i in alcantara trim while the UK only gets leather, what's with that!

kharma45

That's a damn shame, there just aren't any RWD hatches on the market nowadays. I managed to get 23% off mine, so it was amazing value.

I understand BMW to be killing off the 1 series RWD platform though, replacing it with FWD in future like they've already done for China. So looks like there won't be any new RWD hatches in future!

Speaking of pov spec trim, apparently Europe gets the M140i in alcantara trim while the UK only gets leather, what's with that!

It's cloth/alcantara in the UK according to the website https://m.bmw.co.uk/en_gb/bmw-cars/1-series/3-door/models-and-specifications

Laekon

It is a shame. I loved seeing the 1 series hatches when I would travel to Europe and Asia for work. I use to take crappy photos of anyone I saw parked.

1488666_10201296171948273_1892075571_n.jpg

kharma45

The pre facelift 1 series is one of the ugliest cars BMW has ever made.

You mean the first generation ones, the E8x? The LCI on the current model is little different. First gen one has grown on me a lot. A 120d or a 123d E81 is on my radar once I get my house purchase complete, along with quite a lot of other options.

I like that you have the most expensive/exclusives cars of any of us in the thread yet you drive them and talk like you own an everyday runabout, says a lot about you!

I'm also a big fan of driving the cars I own rather than parking them at a meet and staring at em ;)

If you ever randomly want to import something from Japan hit me up and I'll hook you up

Completely agree. I'm a fan of driving any car for any occasion. My dad has a lotus elise, and I'm always telling him he needs to drive it more, but he just doesn't like commuting in it. He's had it 11 years and it has less than 20k miles. If it were me it'd have like 4 times that.

Hey, you should help me import a car, lol.
No but seriously.

SliChillax

You mean the first generation ones, the E8x? The LCI on the current model is little different. First gen one has grown on me a lot. A 120d or a 123d E81 is on my radar once I get my house purchase complete, along with quite a lot of other options.

No, I mean the pre facelift F20-F21 like the white one Laekon posted. The facelift is quite nice though.

Evo X

The suspension damping on the 650S is top tier. Probably one of the best supercars to do long road trips in.

I flew into Atlanta today to start the week of Porsche training. Man, they sure don't skimp on anything. Had a chauffeur pick me up at the airport and drop me off at a 5 star hotel. All meals and drinks are comped as well. They said they want the employees to feel like the target customer base.

I was like damn son, this is fancier than my vacations and I'm getting paid to do it. Lol

Today was just check in and registration. The real fun starts tomorrow. Hope to learn a lot.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Stupid question, I know...

So, since I'm on a hill, I need a little more throttle. But I don't really have time to rev, feather clutch out while applying gas, get into first, and immediately press in clutch and break again and put into neutral. There's just not enough space. This is exacerbated by the fact I don't know when I'll necessarily need to move up again - possibly immediately.

I don't want to just ride the clutch and stay in this half clutch half accelerator without ever actually engaging first. Looking back, I could have just kept it in first, I guess... kept foot on clutch and break, car moves, slowly release clutch. But being on the hill, I still have to give it a fair bit of acceleration, so I never would have fully released the clutch... meaning I'm just riding it just the same.

That is fine. Slipping the clutch and blipping the throttle a few times to get some forward momentum, and then cutting it all off to stop is perfectly normal. You are putting the clutch under virtually no stress because we're talking about crawling speeds here and minimal slip times. This is how most people do it, I think we just had a thread about it too a few weeks ago. Or it was a topic in OT2.

@AlphaSnake I know you like your Jags. I've booked an F-Pace for 4 days to drive from Venice to Lake Garda and back in June. I've never driven one before and I'm rather looking forward to trying it out on the Italian roads! :)

Sick pics. Yeah, the F-Pace is a great car. Sounds pretty raunchy too, which is funny. But it also handles extremely well the better the wheels and tires are on it. For a car that starts in its price bracket, it's simply hard to beat.

He's actually getting a better deal from Porsche than Jaguar to be honest. ....

Hey, if I were being treated poorly and not communicated with by a dealer, I'd boot them too.

Also, I find it hilarious how in the UK people absolutely love their old S-Types and even X-Types. We Americans thought they were horrid, but on the Jag forums and the official Jaguar Owners Club people are mad about them overseas and refuse to part with them because their running costs are apparently really cheap and reliable. Love an S-Type R though. Woof.

You underestimate how popular diesel is here. If you want to be able to sell the car on it'll be far easier with a diesel in it than a petrol. Plus our fuel costs are much, much higher here than yours.

If you look at the Cayenne's for sale at the minute of the current shape. 419 are diesel and 73 are petrol. Massive difference.

The new tax isn't just for diesel cars, it's for petrol too. It's all based on the list price. Over £40K it's an extra £310 a year for five years. Shitty tax. Basically getting screwed for having a nice car.

I get that, but a diesel is just...bleh in such a fun car. I've driven some diesel VWs before and BMWs, and even a 2013 Cayenne. I found the Cayenne's diesel very punchy and fun, but once it hit 40MPH, the fun ended. Hitting a rev limiter at like 4K RPM just feels so damn wrong today. As a result, I find diesels extremely boring. Even though they are extremely logical choices for MPGs and such.

Futaba

Completely agree. I'm a fan of driving any car for any occasion. My dad has a lotus elise, and I'm always telling him he needs to drive it more, but he just doesn't like commuting in it. He's had it 11 years and it has less than 20k miles. If it were me it'd have like 4 times that.

Hey, you should help me import a car, lol.
No but seriously.
No prob, saw in another thread that you're back in
Japan soon too? Anywhere near Tokyo? :)

No prob, saw in another thread that you're back in
Japan soon too? Anywhere near Tokyo? :)

No plans yet. But next time I go I'll be in Tokyo for at least a day either at the beginning or end of my trip. Don't know if I'll be going this summer, as last time I made the mistake of going in August. But I should hopefully be starting an internship this summer, which not only pays more but I'll be able to work from home/anywhere I want. So that will kinda determine when I go.

One of my car group friends is there right now actually, and apparently got an R34 skyline (not gtr though) as a rental car which I didn't know was a thing you could do. I think he said it was like $100/day.

Pinewood

Any advice why I shouldnt randomly start pulling my dash fuses in hopes of getting my USB port to work (hoping it would reset some weird radio bug)

Ok, a while back, I said I'd post some pictures of the new car I got for my family after my last one died. It's been a real pleasure to drive in the last two weeks since I took delivery of it. I just got back from auto crossing it today, too.

Love it. Going by the brake dust on the wheels it looks like you've put some miles on it already :D. Is that the standard exhaust btw? Nice diameter.

Futaba

No plans yet. But next time I go I'll be in Tokyo for at least a day either at the beginning or end of my trip. Don't know if I'll be going this summer, as last time I made the mistake of going in August. But I should hopefully be starting an internship this summer, which not only pays more but I'll be able to work from home/anywhere I want. So that will kinda determine when I go.

One of my car group friends is there right now actually, and apparently got an R34 skyline (not gtr though) as a rental car which I didn't know was a thing you could do. I think he said it was like $100/day.
Hit me up if you nail own some solid plans, can take a day off to show you some nice mountain runs and garages with appealing stock.

Yeah you can rent just about anything here if you look around, normal places like Orix and the like will rarely have anything beyond Kei and everyday sedans, occasionally small vans and flatbeds for people needing to haul stuff (oh little tip of you want a car for the day for more or less free, find a cainz store or viva super, go in and find the cheapest biggest item you can find (6ft by 8ft plastic roofing sheet for $20 e.g.) ask to lend a flatbed to take it home; fill out some details and be on your way, unless it's a super busy one they won't
Mandate a return time for that day and you can just rock up 10 min before closing return the vehicle and get a refund on the sheet of plastic saying it's the wrong one :p

Don't try to do it too often or they'll ban you from lending the truck, I know because reasons.

There are some rental companies that specialize in more iconic cars though, anything from an ae86 to a vspec r34 gtr, one such place is omoshiro rent a car which does all sorts, for example:

https://www.omoren.com/en/products/detail/1

This works out about $110 - $190/day depending on how long you need it, one nice thing with omo though is there no limit to how much you drive, you could bring it back with 4K more on the clock and they wouldn't say shit as long as it comes back in one piece and with the same amount of gas

They frequently rent to foreigners too so not knowing any Japanese wouldn't be a problem if you don't,actually I've noticed several videos on YouTube of foreigners driving a panda 86 in Japan and al of them have been the same one from omo's lot lol

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
summer season 2017 opened on saturday.
C3A8742B-BA54-40E8-BE74-EB747B9AAEE2.jpg

Side Note: never diss the mechanic when the entertainment unit is not working after the tire change before pressing the obscure on/off button yourself.

Cowie

Ok, a while back, I said I'd post some pictures of the new car I got for my family after my last one died. It's been a real pleasure to drive in the last two weeks since I took delivery of it. I just got back from auto crossing it today, too.

I don't think I've seen a 718 in Black yet, slick lookin vehicle!

Anion

Wow what a beautiful car man! I also have not seen the new cayman in black. Looks so stealth

summer season 2017 opened on saturday.
Side Note: never diss the mechanic when the entertainment unit is not working after the tire change before pressing the obscure on/off button yourself.
Gonna get my summer tires mounted today haha! Feelsgood.gif

matmanx1

The suspension damping on the 650S is top tier. Probably one of the best supercars to do long road trips in.

I flew into Atlanta today to start the week of Porsche training. Man, they sure don't skimp on anything. Had a chauffeur pick me up at the airport and drop me off at a 5 star hotel. All meals and drinks are comped as well. They said they want the employees to feel like the target customer base.

I was like damn son, this is fancier than my vacations and I'm getting paid to do it. Lol

Today was just check in and registration. The real fun starts tomorrow. Hope to learn a lot.

Sounds like quite an excellent experience so far. Are you training at the PEC? Let us know how it goes.

Hit me up if you nail own some solid plans, can take a day off to show you some nice mountain runs and garages with appealing stock.

Yeah you can rent just about anything here if you look around, normal places like Orix and the like will rarely have anything beyond Kei and everyday sedans, occasionally small vans and flatbeds for people needing to haul stuff (oh little tip of you want a car for the day for more or less free, find a cainz store or viva super, go in and find the cheapest biggest item you can find (6ft by 8ft plastic roofing sheet for $20 e.g.) ask to lend a flatbed to take it home; fill out some details and be on your way, unless it's a super busy one they won't
Mandate a return time for that day and you can just rock up 10 min before closing return the vehicle and get a refund on the sheet of plastic saying it's the wrong one :p

Don't try to do it too often or they'll ban you from lending the truck, I know because reasons.

There are some rental companies that specialize in more iconic cars though, anything from an ae86 to a vspec r34 gtr, one such place is omoshiro rent a car which does all sorts, for example:

https://www.omoren.com/en/products/detail/1

This works out about $110 - $190/day depending on how long you need it, one nice thing with omo though is there no limit to how much you drive, you could bring it back with 4K more on the clock and they wouldn't say shit as long as it comes back in one piece and with the same amount of gas

They frequently rent to foreigners too so not knowing any Japanese wouldn't be a problem if you don't,actually I've noticed several videos on YouTube of foreigners driving a panda 86 in Japan and al of them have been the same one from omo's lot lol

Awesome. I'll definitely let you know. Last time I was there I was on such a tight schedule I didn't really have much extra time.

Thats hilarious about the truck though. You'd probably have better luck if you didn't return the item. Just you know, buy one large item at a time, because the last one just wasn't enough.

Looking through that website, thats what they used. This is the exact car here. The wheels are a dead giveaway.
https://www.omoren.com/en/products/detail/7

Love it. Going by the brake dust on the wheels it looks like you've put some miles on it already :D. Is that the standard exhaust btw? Nice diameter.

Wow, good eye. I've been meaning to clean the front wheels, but I just haven't gotten around to it. I've had the car for a little over two weeks but it's already got about 1,700 miles on it... So my family has been driving it quite a bit!

The standard exhaust on the base Cayman is a single exhaust, but we customized it to have the dual-flute exhaust since we thought it looked nicer than the single exhaust.

I don't think I've seen a 718 in Black yet, slick lookin vehicle!

Thanks! I think it looks great in black. The rear lights don't contrast as much as it would with any other body color, but I like how only the red lights stand out from the rear since everything else is black.

Wow what a beautiful car man! I also have not seen the new cayman in black. Looks so stealth

Thanks! It's sad, but I personally only drive it at night since there's so much traffic during the day and evening in the Bay Area. It's just not fun driving the car in such traffic. However, at midnight, there's not many cars on the road so I can freely drive it around without worrying about other cars. I do worry if other cars can see my car since it's all black though!

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Just read the Jalopnik Giulia QV review.... holy hell, I didn't know it was damn-near $90K well equipped. Yikes. The seats and brakes are pretty much non-starters, which brings it down to $80K - but still.

I figured it was ~$70K and ran right up against a moderately well-equipped M3. I'm curious to see what 1) depreciation looks like and 2) how the quality holds up.

Thanks for the comments on the stick at the stop sign. I've just read so many stories online of people's clutches burning out on the Hellcats WAY too damn early - especially worrying since there aren't all that many manual cats on the road, in the first place. I know I'm treating it right (minimal slipping, no foot resting, no hand resting, don't dump it, etc), but want to be smart.

friday

Welcome!

Do they have you in a hotel in downtown, or something near the Porsche facility?

I work just down the road from the Porsche place, I always get jealous when I see people out on track.

I wish i had my own car so i could participate in this thread. I hate being carless.

I didn't have anything for a while when I lurked in this thread. But it was nice to have aspirations and learn more from the enthusiasts here. It's great and you can still participate. =)

I wish i had my own car so i could participate in this thread. I hate being carless.

Hey man don't be down on yourself. Its going to get better, and one day you will. Its going to be ok.

I lurk YouTube for hours on cars I will never drive, its almost the same thing. You can participate all you like.

Evo X

Awesome pics. Welcome to the Porsche family. :D

Sounds like quite an excellent experience so far. Are you training at the PEC? Let us know how it goes.

Welcome!

Do they have you in a hotel in downtown, or something near the Porsche facility?

I work just down the road from the Porsche place, I always get jealous when I see people out on track.

Thanks!

It's going great so far. Staying at a hotel in Buckhead. The training regimine is long and intense, but I'm learning a lot and it's fun group activities with breaks, delicious food, and world class service throughout so I can't complain.

This is the Sales Ambassador training so it's mostly going to take place on site at the hotel. We were all assured that we would get plenty of track time for product launches.

Is it unwise to buy a car new? I'm interested in the ND Miata. The base model should be about 24k ish, which is the model I want.

I've never bought a car new before so I've been doing some reading about financing etc. I would probably be happy with an old used Miata but I'm a little worried about repairs, as I'm not mechanically inclined at all myself. Thanks!

Is it unwise to buy a car new? I'm interested in the ND Miata. The base model should be about 24k ish, which is the model I want.

I've never bought a car new before so I've been doing some reading about financing etc. I would probably be happy with an old used Miata but I'm a little worried about repairs, as I'm not mechanically inclined at all myself. Thanks!

I think a preowned NC/ND is going to be fairly stable maintenance and repair wise mate! Save you a ton of cash too

Awesome pics. Welcome to the Porsche family. :D

This is the Sales Ambassador training so it's mostly going to take place on site at the hotel. We were all assured that we would get plenty of track time for product launches.

Thanks! I got into the Porsche family hard since last year. I've been doing a lot of the Porsche Club of America events and even joined the board for my region. It's been a blast. I'm shocked at how many people whole-heartedly volunteer for these events. None of us are being paid to do any of these and yet everyone is really enthusiastic.

You should update on us your training program. I'm always curious about what you guys go through in order to train and understand the vehicles. I haven't gone to either the Atlanta or Los Angeles Experience Centers yet, though I plan to rectify that soon.

Honestly, I think it depends on how comfortable you are with your finances. I think that Japanese cars are perfect if you don't want to deal with upkeep and repairs. The Japanese cars I have, primarily Toyota Camry/Tacoma and Nissan Atlima from various years, do not cost much to repair no matter how bad things ever got. I hear the same is true for Mazda, which frequently tops reliability reports. So they shouldn't break down much, but even if they do, then the cost of repair isn't as high as many other brands like say BMW/Audi/Mercedes/Porsche/Mustang/etc.

With that said, if you want the newest car and have peace of mind as far as warranty and repairs go, then buying new has its benefits. I think as long as you can deal with the idea of depreciation and don't mind it, then buying new so you don't have any worries can be beneficial.

My personal vote in your situation would be to buy used, but it would depend on the car, its condition, miles, how many previous owners, and more.

Also, last word of advice, test drive the cars you are considering whether it be used or new. Don't let anyone sucker you into getting something you don't want. But each car handles differently, has good/bad points, and tiny differences throughout the generations, so you won't know how you feel about everything until you can get some behind the wheel time.

Look at used ND's, I've seen a couple of Sport trim(the base model) go for under $20k these days and the Club trims are going for $23k too so if you don't mind getting a used ND, I'd say that's the way to go.

As mentioned before I personally am gonna go this route in August... trade in my NC Miata for a Club ND.

As for reliability... the only times my NC has failed was during a ridiculously rare event.

Everything else has just been the usual like oil change, tires, and brakes. In the last 5 years I've owned it or from 58k miles to currently at 94k, the only major things I fixed was the AC rubber hoses which basically decomposed to dust(expected since it's a 12 year old car nearing 100k miles) and so my AC couldn't keep cool, and the starter harness(basically a bunch of wires connecting the starter and alternator to the wiring loom) slowly frayed away and got to the point where the wires were basically not connected so my car wouldn't start at all. But again, it's such a rare event that if you look up the Miata.net forums, I was the one who created those threads about the starter harness lol. Nobody else has experienced it AFAIK.

The only thing you gotta look out for with an ND is the transmission. Basically there are a number of them that are faulty and will essentially grenade itself and fail. That link leads to a thread in Miata.net forums chronicling the failure as well as VIN number info so you can figure out if the potential ND you're looking at is part of the failure prone ND's.

Beyond that, I honestly haven't heard/seen anything concerning about the ND's and they seem to be pretty reliable.

v1lla21

When looking at NBs what is a good price to get them at? I know it depends but in what price range would they be considered a good deal.

As someone who's never bought a new car, I'd say buy used. Though I do all my own car work. However, if you can easily afford it, you might as well get a new one. They're really not that expensive, and the ND's are pretty sweet.

Bandit1

While I know the US has a time attack scene (Global Time Attack and mostly in CA), I've been following Japan's Attack Time Attack series. Makes me wish there were more race tracks around. (Also these are the type of cars I'm really interested in).

Autobahn JZZ30 Soarer
Deep Grip FD3S
Under Suzuki S15
Escort CT9A EVO 9
Admix BNR32
Kyushu Danji NSX
Trust S15
Agent K PS13
Not all S chassis are drift machines lol

Looks like a ton of fun. I wish I had the means to do something like this, especially at a well-known track like Tsukuba. I've probably done a couple thousand laps there on Gran Turismo lol.

KRaZyAmmo

Looks like a ton of fun. I wish I had the means to do something like this, especially at a well-known track like Tsukuba. I've probably done a couple thousand laps there on Gran Turismo lol.

Same. And plus with those engines their running (forged internals, tons of aero) at least you know their being abused. I absolutely love the aero on time attack cars these days. Even if they resemble little of the production car. I even hear that amateurs are running sequential gearboxes.
ndf_4415.jpg

dsc_0143.jpg

dsc_0588-recovered.jpg

When looking at NBs what is a good price to get them at? I know it depends but in what price range would they be considered a good deal.

Tbh I dunno lol. What I do know is that NC's are starting to hit $7-8k so I guess if you see an NB at that price range, it might be a good idea to figure out why it's priced that way.

That said though, if that NB has a hardtop and is priced around $7k, then it's actually not a bad deal. Last I heard, NB hardtops are about $1.5k a piece so it's something to consider for sure.

This but for the love of god don't stray into the comments section, YouTube car videos are a magnet for people to battle over cars none of them even have

I second this. The only sorta reasonable YT commenters I've found is RegularCar Reviews... but then again in order for somebody to understand RCR, they also need to possess the intellectual efficiency of a high school graduate and that's asking a lot these days lol.

Personally, I only watch RCR, Mighty Car Mods, Motor Trend, SavageGeese, The Smoking Tire, Redline Reviews, Everyday Driver, and Doug DeMuro. All these other YouTubers are just garbage tbh... feels like as if they're talking to a child to get their point across.

v1lla21

Tbh I dunno lol. What I do know is that NC's are starting to hit $7-8k so I guess if you see an NB at that price range, it might be a good idea to figure out why it's priced that way.

That said though, if that NB has a hardtop and is priced around $7k, then it's actually not a bad deal. Last I heard, NB hardtops are about $1.5k a piece so it's something to consider for sure.
That's actually around what I've seen em for so not bad I guess. Plenty of hardtops going around and they look slick.

Top Bottom