• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if at the end of the arc Sanji actually would get married!
It would be an unusual change for his character and archetype, Even through i can actually see him become a much more balanced person and using his love to fire his attacks. It is also long overdone in manga (at least the ones i read) to present marriage and love in a balancing way and giving you strength though emotional support.
I would also funny to see, how a married Sanji would act, if encounter other beautiful woman.

From all character in the series this change on him would have the most interesting effects.
I welcome the idea of a "balanced" Sanji. But I don't like the idea of any of the Strawhats marrying someone they don't want to. If Oda doesn't develop a lot the Pudding character to make her a good pair for Sanji I doubt the marriage will happen. And Sanji really needs a convincing reason to accept marrying someone he doesn't even know. He might act stupid towards pretty women, but if he decides to marry one just because of that it will be really disappointing. It's supposed to be a serious decision in your life.

RomanceDawn

i work with the rules the euthor gave us,if he changes the rules midway,at least i can't say i didn't try :p

i think that's usually how a theory should be constructed..but seeing what kind of theory videos are popular on youtube and what kind of reviewers are popular,I'm starting to think i'm the only one that thinks that XD

considering blackbeard had access to that,i doubt it's such a rare or esclusive book,although he might be the exception to the rule

I didn't look at the theory in question but I'm gonna be mean, generally most youtube theorist are garbage. Almost every single one. They are all the Oro Jackson type. If you frequent there I am sorry but it's true. Slap together a super mediocre theory or deduce something super obvious with lots of pictures and a nice presentation and you get a 100 comments of "soo cool!"

And come on thats Black Beard, he was part of White Beards crew for decades. You almost make it sound like he was just some nobody in the east blue. The only other people we knew had some sort of Devil Fruit field guide were the Red Haired pirates.

I'm willing to bet that we'll get some call back to that Devil's Fruit guide that Sanji had access to as a child. Considering the line of work Sanji's family is in, it would make sense that they would have some way of getting ahold of them through the black market or something. Of course while Sanji did read through the book, he didn't believe they actually existed or believe in the curse they brought upon the consumer, that is until he met Luffy. So with that said his family probably never actually had any during their time in the North Blue, or at the very least while Sanji was with them. Maybe that's a partial reason why they migrated to the Grand Line, access to more powerful weapons, Devil Fruits of course.

There is really no reason to believe Vegapunk to be involved with only the above noted, I just want it to happen.

well,actually he said it doesn't matter because big mom is not interested in them anyway..he just said that being married with one of her daughters,it would mean that sanji is now part of her crew,with or without the strawhats

Luffy wouldn't care if she said he was part of her crew. I mean, how could you imagine Luffy caring if she said she was the higher ranking pirate so Sanji should belong to her.

Got to love how One Piece comes second place on the weekly manga charts for the week before it's supposed to be officially released LOL

Ray Down

Banned
One Piece Spoilers:
- Chopper takes care of Zunisha by the medical science in Sakura Kingdom and the pharmacy in Torino Kingdom.
- Miyagi wants to ask Zunisha where he is heading for these 1000 years.
- Momonosuke will stay Zou for a while and intends to talk with Zunisha about Kouzuki clan.

Wano team
Kinemon, Zoro, Law

Marco team
Nekomamushi

Zou team
Inuarashi, Sicilian, Momonosuke

Whole cake island team
Luffy,Nami, Brooke, Pekoms, (Pedro) etc

- Nami's new weapon seems to be revealed.
- Luffy seems to jump off from Zunisha.
- Vivi starts for Reverie.

IHaveIce

Banned
Zoro and Law bro team up, Luffy's team looks like expected.

Who is Miyagi
?

Edit: ooh and yes:

Vivi and Reverie! Can't wait

Woah maybe the wedding and the reverie intervene?

Ray Down

Banned
- Pekoms ate Turtle devil fruit (Kame Kame no mi). The shell is as hard as a diamond.

- Nami's new weapon is called "Sourcery Clima Tact". It is made from the growth of Pop Green and devices in Wetheria. The surface treatment was made by Franky. It can stretch flexibly with small power. Raizou is surprised that Nami can drop many thunderbolts.

- Pekoms has a great respect toward Pedro for some reason.

- Franky intends to develop a new weapon to defeat Kaidou.

- Zoro says he will control all samurais in Wano.

Oh boy,
Zorro and Law, bro team of pragmatism! I just hope Law keeps an eye on Zorro, last thing he needs is Zorro running off behind enemy lines in Wano.

And i'm curious about
what weapon Franky is coming up with. Will he go full Power Rangers Megazord?

marmoka

Banned
I don't know why I read the spoilers... First time I do, and now I need to read this chapter ASAP

Probably not today, but I would like to see what happens with Vivi and Miss All Sundays when they meet after 2 years.

Vivi knows Robin is a Strawhat, but Alabasta memories are still there.

Chapter's out!

So I'll just say ... Bunny girl who really wanted to go on an adventure wasn't there in the line up of Minks who wanted to go along.

cause she's already on the ship. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

IHaveIce

Banned
Chapter's out!

So I'll just say ... Bunny girl who really wanted to go on an adventure wasn't there in the line up of Minks who wanted to go along.

cause she's already on the ship. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'll say the groups weren't shown in their full strength, since the wano group is also more than the 3 guys.

Edit: Ah I see what you mean now. Yeah you are right she was not shown at all. She will be already on the ship

Ahaha classic Luffy.

Hopefully we actually SEE Vivi next week.
Was kinda annoyed we didn't see any follow up to Kaido's phone call. But anyway, Vivi!!!!

Excited to learn more about Pedro and Pekoms, poor guy has no idea what he's gotten himself into in those last pages lol.

Wonder how long this arc will be, I really wano know what Zunisha has to say.

ALSO DID ANYONE NOTICE CARROT WAS NOT PRESENT IN THOSE FINAL PAGES

bjork

I really wano know what Zunisha has to say.

wnmbEzx.gif

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Yeah, Carrot is obviously stowing aboard since she wasn't seen this chapter. Which is interesting because she hasn't done anything of note since her introduction.

Though I'm still kinda wondering if she's the TRAITOR. That would be a very Oda twist.

Anteater

I actually quite like this line up, I hope Oda don't jump between teams too often, just focus on one at a time, by doing that some of the crew mates will have a bigger focus, like Zoro with Law will no doubt have some interesting chemistry.

Carrot is probably on board, she didn't show up the entire chapter did she?

dabig2

So goodbye Zou! (though we might get 1 more epilogue). Good stuff. And yeah, like the only prominent character in this arc not shown in this chapter was Carrot, so she's definitely already on-board Luffy's ship.

Chapter had some classic One Piece humor as well. Luffy grabbing everyone and jumping off with everyone screaming, Minks all clamoring to help the Sanji retrieval for their own reasons ("Nami likes sleeping on my belly", "chew Baron Bones' corpse", etc. lol), and Nami having fun with her new weapon and being a cheapskate.

Now onto Vivi's unexpected showing. Guessing the Reverie is about to begin. This combined with Dragon gathering all his top guys definitely means that another world-changing arc is coming beyond Luffy's fights with the Yonkou.

Majukun

Yeah, Carrot is obviously stowing aboard since she wasn't seen this chapter. Which is interesting because she hasn't done anything of note since her introduction.

Though I'm still kinda wondering if she's the TRAITOR. That would be a very Oda twist.
just like bellamy back in Dressrosa was surely going with Luffy because of a chapter of absence.. or zoro was already going after Jack for the same reason

don't get me wrong, with that line a couple of chapters ago it's a concrete possibility that she'll try to tag along (albeit the panel with all 6 guys seemed kinda 'definitive'), but the whole ''we haven' t see the guy this chapter so something is going on with him/her'' it's another of those made up 'Oda patterns' that have been wrong more times than they have been right... for 2 weeks meadows was the yonkou Kaidou because it was absent in a 2 page spread...

just like bellamy back in Dressrosa was surely going with Luffy because of a chapter of absence.. or zoro was already going after Jack for the same reason

don't get me wrong, with that line a couple of chapters ago it's a concrete possibility that she'll try to tag along (albeit the panel with all 6 guys seemed kinda 'definitive'), but the whole ''we haven' t see the guy this chapter so something is going on with him/her'' it's another of those made up 'Oda patterns' that have been wrong more times than they have been right... for 2 weeks meadows was the yonkou Kaidou because it was absent in a 2 page spread...

I think part of the speculation is also because of the previous chapter's color spread

Majukun

I think part of the speculation is also because of the previous chapter's color spread

that's something that adds to the possibility, but momo was also there, and so were all those other characters in the background.. as I said, it's a concrete possibility, the hints are there, but it's far from certain just because we haven't seen her this chapter

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Another great chapter. Seeing all this awesome art and progress makes me really depressed because the anime is going to look terrible. Sigh.

RomanceDawn

It was around chapter 600 or 601 when Usopp and Nami reunited and she basically asked him to upgrade her weapons. Around chapter 700 we get a quick panel of Usopp hammering away at something completely unknown and finally chapter 822 we see what it is! The magic wand Usopp talks about will be Nami's trump card in the stickiest of situations.

Reverie! Yabadabadoo!!!! I've been saying for years now that were given way too much foreshadowing for the next reverie to be happening after the crew finds One Piece. After Kaidou gets taken out would be the perfect time for that arc. The revolutionaries will most likely be weakened, an Emperor will be completely out of the equation, 3 of the current 7 War Lords will have been taken care of probably making it easy for Fuji to plead his case and we'll begin to see what could come of Queen Otohime's request to migrate her people!

With Jinbe fully joined by then, the Straw Hats crashing the meeting of the kings will give us a perfect opportunity to revisit guys like Stephy(was that the little punks name? Sabo's adopted brother?), who the king is in Goa kingdom, why the Celestial Dragon was there and specifically for Jinbe, Tiger's fleshed out Mariejois flash back! So exciting!!!!

I've had a feeling for a very very long time now that during the crew's meeting with Vivi this is when Robin will receive her 6th member chapter. For someone so near and dear to most of the crew I bet Robin harbors some guilt about her involvement with the near down fall of Alabasta. Once Robin gives her apology, expect her to start face faulting at least once every arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom