• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

I've got no prejudice against the medium per se. I just have yet to see much that appeals. I put that down partly to cultural differences and partly to age differences to the intended audience.

I've heard cowboy beebop is good. Just never made an effort I guess.

If a series or film is genuine and engrossing I'll try it.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I've got no prejudice against the medium per se. I just have yet to see much that appeals. I put that down partly to cultural differences and partly to age differences to the intended audience.

hmm

Danoss

speaking of which..... is reggie still alive? ._.

Nah, that guy went on a rampage and killed heaps of people in his suburb. It was all over the news, I'm surprised you didn't hear about it.

After each murder he yelled at the corpse to "GET UP!"

Boken

Banned
Dude Vince if you like Adventure time you'll probably like GURREN FUCKING LAGANN

Samurai Champloo is just like your regular action flick what's not to like

FMA is just awesome sci fantasy thingy

midonnay

Nah, that guy went on a rampage and killed heaps of people in his suburb. It was all over the news, I'm surprised you didn't hear about it.

After each murder he yelled at the corpse to "GET UP!"

I guess Ben Cousins having meth up his butt stole the headlines....

Boken

Banned
Why you gotta hate on my Aussie slang, bro

I love K-ON!, but I'm not sure Vince is ready for that kind of anime.

Kritz

Banned

Warning:

Cowboy Bebop is the single worst anime to watch as your first anime, on the basis that it is the best anime; every anime after will leave you disappointed.

Also, you should totally watch Cowboy Bebop.

Deeku

That's been around for a while and is really really really really laggy, from what I remember:(

What do you want to watch? There's sometimes streams of japanese variety shows on jp justintv. Right now there's lots of baseball on! :D

It is really really laggy :p

I dunno really. I just enjoy the spontaneity of flicking through the channels, and getting some language exposure in. There was a morning show I really liked, might see if its on tomorrow (eee ><).

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

I dunno really. I just enjoy the spontaneity of flicking through the channels, and getting some language exposure in. There was a morning show I really liked, might see if its on tomorrow (eee ><).

if it helps I can take photos of myself pulling various emotions so you can stick the cards on the bottom corner of your TV for reaction shots to shows

Deeku

I doubt someone would be bothered streaming a morning show lol:( The only time there are streams on justintv of non sports/gaming stuff is when there's some special show/event thing. There is some guy that's been consistently streaming classic anime which is alright. Or, theres's an akb channel if you can tolerate their nonsense, I sure can't. But yeah, I'd rather watch random tv that's not anime or drama.

You'd think with how popular japanese culture is there would be more shady ways of streaming japanese tv...but there just isn't sadly><

Oh well, at least Mon-Sat 10:45am SBS2 is s a thing!

Rezbit

Man, Dota is freaking hard. Steep learning curve. I get what the objective is but not sure what items are best yet.

Yeah, Keyhole's a bit of a shitfest. Slideshow like what. Freshverse stream just a variety of stuff and is generally pretty good (tuned in when they had the last live GCCX challenge on and it was fine).

Edit: Just remembered that Freshverse has been down for a while now and still isn't working at the moment.

Still on 4.0.2 here. Mine is a yakjuxw meaning the updates are delivered by Samsung, who seem to be pretty lazy. Since the updates haven't been coming very quickly I haven't bothered to flash to a standard yakju where the updates come direct from Google.

If another update comes out (or 4.0.4 has significant changes) before Samsung rolls out 4.0.3 then I will flash it myself.

4.04 does have many changed. I'm still on 4.01 :(

Rahk

I doubt someone would be bothered streaming a morning show lol:( The only time there are streams on justintv of non sports/gaming stuff is when there's some special show/event thing. There is some guy that's been consistently streaming classic anime which is alright. Or, theres's an akb channel if you can tolerate their nonsense, I sure can't. But yeah, I'd rather watch random tv that's not anime or drama.

You'd think with how popular japanese culture is there would be more shady ways of streaming japanese tv...but there just isn't sadly<<

Oh well, at least Mon-Sat 10:45am SBS2 is s a thing!
Have you ever watched Gaki no Tsukai? The 24 hour hour can't laugh new years specials are hilarious.

I typically download variety shows from d-addicts.

Darklord

Banned
I gave you some options when you last asked...

If you want somewhere really good this weekend, it may be too late to book. Whatever you do, for the love of god, do NOT go to Lygon Street. If someone suggests you go there, they don't know food and should be slapped.

You could try San Telmo, Senoritas, Hu Tong, Seamstress, Mo Vida, Mo Vida Next Door (no reservations taken/needed), Taxi, Cumulus Inc, Izakaya Den. Some of those places might blow your budget though so check their websites.

Oh yeah I did ask before! Oops, I've been super busy this week and forgot haha. Sorry. I'll check them out. Thanks for saying it...again.

2pm is clearly too early to start Easter drinks, so I find myself in a state of unexpected inibriation. At 8:30pm no less.

Watching Stardust with my better half. Her choice, too. She's the best.

2pm is clearly too early to start Easter drinks, so I find myself in a state of unexpected inibriation. At 8:30pm no less.

Watching Stardust with my better half. Her choice, too. She's the best.

Love Stardust. Wife not a big fan unfortunately. :(

Just polished off a bottle of sparkling Shiraz (Fox Creek Vixen). Was meant to be sparkling white of some sort but the girl at the cellar door obviously gave us the wrong one. Wife hates red but somewhat enjoyed this... at least a little.

Deeku

Have you ever watched Gaki no Tsukai? The 24 hour hour can't laugh new years specials are hilarious.

I typically download variety shows from d-addicts.
lol yeah, I usually switch between that and kohaku. Need my yearly end of year enka fix!

Danoss

I used to watch anime, then I realised most of it was or eventually turned into fan-service bullshit. Now I stay away from it and am quite happy about it.

British TV gets it partly right. Short seasons and only a few of them at that. Actually a lot of Japanese series do, or at least used to, as well. There's definitely a few that just don't stop.

hamchan

Japanese dramas mostly stop after 1 season. Most anime only have 1 or 2 seasons I think. Not all of them are like DBZ or Naruto and drag it out forever.

Shaneus

To kick this thread in a slightly different direction, New Girl has (somewhat surprisingly) really lifted it's game in the last four or five episodes. Based on that, it probably won't last past a second season but as an ensemble comedy, it's surprisingly good.

Also, Zooey.

But also, it's actually good. Think HIMYM, but funny and without a laugh track and without a single standout character (a la Barney).

Japanese dramas mostly stop after 1 season. Most anime only have 1 or 2 seasons I think. Not all of them are like DBZ or Naruto and drag it out forever.

Most Japanese/ Korean dramas tend to only have two or three songs, which they play every episode for dramatic effect. That's what makes me kinda hesitant about watching more... If the show is quality and interesting it doesn't matter to me how long it is.

Danoss

They do that all the time you silly!

Wbfak.gif

To kick this thread in a slightly different direction, New Girl has (somewhat surprisingly) really lifted it's game in the last four or five episodes. Based on that, it probably won't last past a second season but as an ensemble comedy, it's surprisingly good.

Also, Zooey.

But also, it's actually good. Think HIMYM, but funny and without a laugh track and without a single standout character (a la Barney).

I expected it to be awful and schmaltzy but instead it is mostly pretty good with Zooey being that dream girl that doesn't exist in the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom