• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hooray I win!

Anyway how are Whitebeard attacks going for you guys with Doffy? I've only got one in the ~20 runs I've done. I still just want to get SOME skull drop, but I'm not too bummed if I don't see him again.

I definitely got spoiled by Hancock though

Did a few but didn't see any. Seems like it's more likely to happen against the harder raid bosses, but who knows.

EMT0

Banned
I've gone about 1 in 4 with YWB against Doffy and have a 75% win rate against YWB(it comes down entirely to whether or not I have Lv. 1 CD sockets or not). 6 wins, zero skulls so far.

EDIT: Considering we got 6+ Hancock really fast compared to Japan(IIRC), who wants to take bets on what drops first; Sabo books, or 6+ Sabo lol? Whitebeard Pt. 3 should be following the Revolutionaries FN on Tuesday, so that gives Bandai 2 weeks to release 6+ Sabo before his books, 4 weeks to release them more or less simultaneously, or if they delay 6+ Sabo for 6 weeks, we'll have actually gotten Sabo books before 6+ Sabo, barely.

Kyou

Done with Legend Doffy. 200 candies, max special, max level and Lock, Despair, CD and Heal sockets. Done and DONE.

Not gonna run anymore. Maybe I'll get a skull next time.

EMT0

Banned
33 Doffy runs, 12 YWB(3 failed), 0 skulls. Game pls :'(

I got two more runs in me, then I'm good for tonight. Game pls
EDIT: Two more invasions in two Doffy runs, 0 skulls. RIP

RedBoot

Hey, after running the stage 6-10 times every Monday since release, I finally got Story Jinbe to drop. I can't even remember why I decided to farm him in the first place. Spent the rest of the stamina on Rayleigh to try and keep the train going. Got 2 chest drops, but no poster. You're funny, game.

EDIT: Considering we got 6+ Hancock really fast compared to Japan(IIRC), who wants to take bets on what drops first; Sabo books, or 6+ Sabo lol? Whitebeard Pt. 3 should be following the Revolutionaries FN on Tuesday, so that gives Bandai 2 weeks to release 6+ Sabo before his books, 4 weeks to release them more or less simultaneously, or if they delay 6+ Sabo for 6 weeks, we'll have actually gotten Sabo books before 6+ Sabo, barely.

I think someone on Reddit said JPN had been getting skulls roughly monthly, so I guess we might see him around the same time as his books? They could do another Clash then with Sabo's raid for synergy.

I wanna know when Invasion Shanks is gonna show up, though. (Also, I wonder if I can even clear that one)

Skill ups on Akainu went really well. Twelve skill ups off of thirty-two copies with 5 cd, 3 bind, and 4 AH.
Maxed the Funk Bros., FN Boa, and all the World Pirates.
One away from max on Abdullah & Jeet, story Lucci, and Don Chin Jao.
Two skill ups from nine copies of YWB. Five skill ups to go.

Majukun

tomorrow is skillup again right?inventory time

45 akainu (9 skillups needed)
11 andullah & jeet (2 skillups needed)
9 chinjao (1 skillup needed)
16 boa hancock (3 skillup needed)
10 nightin (1 skillup needed)
9 lucci (several skillup needed)

aaand that's it i think

results

akainu 9/30 MAX (15 left) (max sockets too)
abdullah&jeet 1/5 MAX (6 left)
chinjao 0/9 (fuck, 14 CD)
hancock 3/15 MAX
nightin 1/5 MAX (5 left)
lucci 1/9 (19 cd)

got what i wanted apart from chinjao..but he is still usable..don't think i'm gonna farm again books for him just tpo get that last skillup,his books are rare

bobohoro

Let's go:

Skill-up time again?
No complains from me.

books:

Kid 1/3
Colo Smoker 3/8
Double Finger 4/14
Mr 1 3/14

dupes:

Prison Croc 2/12
Prison Mr 1 0/4
Boa 2/16
Colo Smoker 2/6 (Rest used for G-5 sockets, since I'm one off MAX now/Fully socketed G-5 Smoker with DR/B/CD/AH)

~ 25%, went well on both Smokers, but Boa was a pretty big letdown, socketwise as well. Going 0/10 on my first two sets was less than pleasant.

Hana-Bi

Wanted to farm some more Chinjao books for my unevolved version but I think he's good with his skill level at 4. A cd of 16 turns is enough if you pair him with Don Sai.

commish

3 for 40 on raid boa. That brings my total to something like 5 for 60. That's unreal. Ugh. I sometimes get 3 or 4 out of 5! I thought I was done farming her. At least my sockets are done.

MiTYH

Got 3 out of 7 boa books. Felt good on that one. She's ALMOST at an ideal cooldown now

3 out of 11 Brownbeards. Still not at a usable cooldown, I think 22 right now. Does BB come back this week or do I need to wait for his return? Stupid clash of clashes....

The rest, which wasn't much, was relatively uneventful. No skillups on my second Doffy because such is life

Oh, and 0/4 on Prison Mr. 1. He's niche, but come on. I feel like secret FN characters should innately have higher rates

ExVicis

I know I didn't farm Doffy really hard because he's special was already so low for me this time around, but 0 out of 9 special-ups is really awful. What the hell game?

3 for 40 on raid boa. That brings my total to something like 5 for 60. That's unreal. Ugh. I sometimes get 3 or 4 out of 5! I thought I was done farming her. At least my sockets are done.
I take it back, this is the most demoralizing thing ever. Damn you Bandai!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Wow. Went 15 out of 33 copies on raid Akainu, 0 to max. He loves me even though I hate him. Sockets still need work though. 3 bind, 2 despair, 5 AH.

Also maxed Nightin. So far, I'm 1/24 on Don Chinjao. I'm also 3 away from maxing 3d2y Boa, so hopefully I can get some Don Chinjao books while farming for hers.

Right now, I'm saving YWB copies and Legend Hancock books for the permanent increase.

commish

I take it back, this is the most demoralizing thing ever. Damn you Bandai!

I've been working on her for so many months. For some reason, I have problems with yellow bosses. Had the same issue with Tesoro. I have Boa down to 19 turns but that's honestly probably 90 to 100 attempts. 19 is probably usable on most content at least.

Kyou

Akainu: 0/2
Hancock: 1/10
Whitebeard: 3/7
Fn Boa: 1/7
A&J: 0/1
Chinjao: 0/3 (still at 0 skill ups...)
Gairam: 2/4
Sebastian: 0/2
Nightin: 1/2

Shitty...

EMT0

Banned
Maxed out Kid, went 2/15 on Blamenco. Did really well on Doffy but underperformed on sockets, got 8/35 but only 4/10 sockets. I got rekt on Smoker skilllups, only got 6 out of 40, and 2 of those skillups came in the last ten. Still usable on a BB team though, and I got good socket luck so that's something. A so-so skillup for me, on the whole. Guess I'll be farming 30 more Smoker dupes and crossing my fingers.

ExVicis

I gave up on Don Chinjao books. It may not say low-rate but goddamn does it feel like it. I've gotten three books total from the FN. Meanwhile I got Saint Roswald probably double that. Goddamn this game sometimes.

So instead I went and finally farmed Story Lucci. I got him under 50 tries! Another horrible horrible grind out of the way. Just have to farm PSY Eneru, Story Gecko Moria and Story Magellan now :(

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Been tinkering around with abdulah and jeet, theorycrafting some speed teams

Borsalino + Friend A&J with subs: A&J, 3d2Y zoro, doffy, and inthawk is ready to burst in 8 turns

RedBoot

I gave up on Don Chinjao books. It may not say low-rate but goddamn does it feel like it. I've gotten three books total from the FN. Meanwhile I got Saint Roswald probably double that. Goddamn this game sometimes.

So instead I went and finally farmed Story Lucci. I got him under 50 tries! Another horrible horrible grind out of the way. Just have to farm PSY Eneru, Story Gecko Moria and Story Magellan now :(

World Pirates was kind of weird. I felt like I ran it a ton but got very little to show for it. I did get Chinjao to a usable CD, and somehow maxed CP9 Lucci with like 20 books. I wanted to max Sebastian but I barely got any skill ups for him (I got Nightin and Gairam lower, and I was feeding them during regular rates).

I'll be happy to move onto Koala/Hack tonight, though. Time to dedicate 10-20 box slots to Barto books and then never pull him! Yeah!

Kyou

Koala and Hack: Worth keeping or socket fodder?

Going to see how an Intvankov team does first.

Edit: Koala just seems like bad Sabo. I'll probably just cannibalize her for sockets. Hack at least seems interesting.

Majukun

Koala and Hack: Worth keeping or socket fodder?

Going to see how an Intvankov team does first.

Edit: Koala just seems like bad Sabo. I'll probably just cannibalize her for sockets. Hack at least seems interesting.

yeah,pretty much i have the same opinon..koala is useless if you think you are gonna farm raid sabo (and you should),hack might have his uses since it assures a matching orb plus up to 3 g orbs

RedBoot

yeah,pretty much i have the same opinon..koala is useless if you think you are gonna farm raid sabo (and you should),hack might have his uses since it assures a matching orb plus up to 3 g orbs

Yeah, Hack is fairly solid orb control, particularly for Sengoku teams (also finally enables this stupid team on Global). I actually haven't found myself using RR Hack too much, so I'll probably skill Hack and socket RR Koala.

This FN seems like Wanze's where you always get a "secret" stage on each run, though as opposed to Nero being the most likely spawn, Hack is a bit rarer here.

Also, in Japan: Legend Dogstorm is apparently coming soon!

mileS

That sounds like the opposite for me. Maxed Boa in 32 but my sockets are lacking. Don't think I'll ever have that kind of luck for skill ups ever again. After going 0-75 with Mihawk last year maybe I deserve it lol.

Nothing for skill up this time around. Didn't touch the clash. Honestly haven't been doing much of anything in game since Boa earlier this month. Taking it easy. Excited for the next TS batch. That will probably get me right back in to playing daily.

Hana-Bi

I run aheavy rr double Haruta team for the Koala fortnight.

Double Haruta with the Red Force and legend Doffy, SW Shanks, SW Nami and bride Robin. Works great. You need to stall a bit, but it's great when you get two additional Koalas from a run. :)

Hana-Bi

Okay, for today I'll be running a free spirit team with legend Law captain and TS Luffy friend. Got 2 Barto books out of 15 runs so far. Not that bad. Sadly I got only crap sockets so far for rr Koala out of 8 copies...

Hana-Bi

Oh, we are finally getting the 40 stamina cc island. :)

Mmh, no Barto books in my next 17 runs. But it seems that we are getting another two day skill up event soon, so I can farm some books over the weekend. :)

There's another weird two part skill up event starting the 1st and the 8th lasting a little over a day each. I'm hoping this could mean a new raid in between because I don't know what they would be doing them for otherwise. NM Luffy or Pica would be nice and somewhat needed but I wouldn't at all be shocked to see General Franky instead.

Pica would be good news because that would mean we could potentially see the Doffy Forest soon because he shows up in that. NM Luffy would be pretty great for sockets.

It took them long enough to finally getting around to adding 40 stamina CC aisle. It looks like the fastest team is Doffy driven teams but I don't think I'm brave enough to run that without his ship. Inthawk and SW Shanks teams seem to be the typical go to teams as well.

MiTYH

Low amount of books on Koala so far. Got her to drop once, and no Hack yet. Looks like it'll be a tough time going with this FN so far

Majukun

japan is now power creep land.
remember when we thought that the 5+ were created to avoid power creep and make leser units better?good times.....
Finished Ace's forest now that Alvida is maxed.

What's the easiest forest after Mihawk & Ace's?

jinbe i think

MiTYH

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii hate myself.

Finally decided to start doing some forests since I'm way behind (only did Mihawk and WB). Found a very easy slasher team for Ace. Made it to stage 19, got so excited my stalling was working that I forgot to use Alvida's special, got KOd. Stupid mistake.

Back to it then.

EDIT: WOOOO! Finally beat Ace's forest. Using this team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPLjRnblznY

For fun, I recorded how terrible I was at this forest:
- Failed on BB, bad orbs
- Failed on Luffy (19), my mistake not using Alvida
- Failed on BB, bad orbs by like a sliver of health
- Got hit by Jinbei and abandoned (wasnt paying attention)
- Success!

Ship Upgrade stats:
Started: 999 cola
To level 2: X, success
To level 3: X, success
To level 4: Success
To level 5: Success
To level 6: X, success
To level 7: Success
To level 8: Success
To level 9: X, X, X, X, success
To level 10: Success
Ending cola: 801

This was fun. I mostly did it since I hit 999 cola today, and Ace is easy enough. I don't have much of a shooter team, but have the makings of one (SW Usopp/Franky). I suppose with Z, BB, Duval, etc, it's not that bad.

Might do another forest later today. I've got corazon, but without Elizabetho, I can't seem to find reliable teams. I want to beat Enel, Shanks mostly, might look to Jinbei too.

RedBoot

Lol, the new japan batch is a cerebral dream. So many op units in there.

Cerebral absolutely needed a buff, so it makes sense. Thought they might wait for (manga spoiler)
Big Mom's batch
to do that, but this is fine too.

I am a bit annoyed that Dogstorm is also a low HP captain since offering Cerebral a tanky option would have been nice, but he's safer than Croc and I guess also works well with him (which is important for me since I'm going to go ahead and assume I'll never pull Doggo).

Also, since they mixed in some of the Wano guys in this batch, it all but confirms a second Zou batch with Cat Viper, Carrot, Pedro, and probably Raizou, not that we weren't all expecting that anyway.

(Also hoping that RR Kinemon's ability is mistranslated, because if it's accurate, it's the biggest power creep in this game since Akainu).

EMT0

Banned
Congrats MiTYH! Your experience with the Ace forest sounds like mine in that I constantly came up short right at the end due to silly play.

Anyways, Mihawk skillups, I'm done already. I got very, very lucky. Maxed him out in about ~20 books and had a steady stream of books for most of my grinding at the beginning and at the end. I also got 2 skillups on Bartolomeo off of natural stamina from before and after I started grinding Mihawk books(minmaxing level ups), 2/3! I also maxed out special ups on everybody who has books in that FN except SW Brook and FN Thatch, who each need only one more skillup. Also have 22 Enel books for whenever I get around to farming him in story mode.

I came out like a damn bandit for only putting in 11 gems

Hana-Bi

Anyways, Mihawk skillups, I'm done already. I got very, very lucky. Maxed him out in about ~20 books and had a steady stream of books for most of my grinding at the beginning and at the end. I also got 2 skillups on Bartolomeo off of natural stamina from before and after I started grinding Mihawk books(minmaxing level ups), 2/3! I also maxed out special ups on everybody who has books in that FN except SW Brook and FN Thatch, who each need only one more skillup. Also have 22 Enel books for whenever I get around to farming him in story mode.

Wow, congrats. Needed over 40 books the first time we got IntHawk books. And I need to farm for a second IntHawk but I won't run this fortnight.

And your Barto luck is also great. Have 5 books so far but I used like 5 gems (40 runs) so far. And of course didn't get a skill up...

MiTYH

Congrats MiTYH! Your experience with the Ace forest sounds like mine in that I constantly came up short right at the end due to silly play.

Thanks! And congrats to yourself. I got lucky and didn't have to put in that many books for a max INTHawk, but I don't think we had a skillup when it was around, so there was lots of hording and hoping.

Get that Enel unit, it's niche but I've used him a bunch in the past. Then again, he might be outclassed now.

Kyou

Looking forward to RR Kanjuro who will just be better Akainu with the specials of *throws darts* Inthawk, Blackbeard and Corazon

EMT0

Banned
Wow, congrats. Needed over 40 books the first time we got IntHawk books. And I need to farm for a second IntHawk but I won't run this fortnight.

And your Barto luck is also great. Have 5 books so far but I used like 5 gems (40 runs) so far. And of course didn't get a skill up...

Thanks! And congrats to yourself. I got lucky and didn't have to put in that many books for a max INTHawk, but I don't think we had a skillup when it was around, so there was lots of hording and hoping.

Get that Enel unit, it's niche but I've used him a bunch in the past. Then again, he might be outclassed now.

Thanks guys. I should only need ~15 or so Barto books in the next two weeks which seems doable to have a good shot at maxing Barto's special. As for Enel, I'd love to have him but this steady stream of fortnights with books I need has stopped me from trying. At some point I'll likely have to bite the bullet and start dropping a few gems in order to farm Enel/Wapol cuz at the current rate, the good fortnights aren't stopping any time soon :s

The next fortnight especially is so, so good. Sockets for three more Whitebeard commanders, Sabo books at last, plus Mansherry/Leo books.

y9EayOkRK1WN2.gif

Top Bottom