• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any gun owners lurking...

I would understand if he was just pissed, but I can't understand denial. Send it back to DW. I've heard great things about their CS and shit happens. To be fair though, the reason I chose Wilson Combat over DW is because for such an expensive pistol there are way too many posts about ammo sensitivity and failures on the 1911forum DW sub forum. I knew I would probably only buy one 1911 for that kind of money and so I would rather not risk a sour experience. I sure as hell wouldn't be in denial though and DW would hear from me quick.

Goofalo

I would understand if he was just pissed, but I can't understand denial. Send it back to DW. I've heard great things about their CS and shit happens. To be fair though, the reason I chose Wilson Combat over DW is because for such an expensive pistol there are way too many posts about ammo sensitivity and failures on the 1911forum DW sub forum. I knew I would probably only buy one 1911 for that kind of money and so I would rather not risk a sour experience. I sure as hell wouldn't be in denial though and DW would hear from me quick.

I dunno. We told him to call and have them make arrangements to look at it. He just kept saying it was bad shooters. Much like being hyped for a game, and have it come out with bad reviews or bugs, we all want to feel validated about our purchases. I bet he changes his mind shortly.

Goofalo

Looks good. I have a SAA upper and I think it was made by Aero. I like it a lot.

Are those Lancer mags any good? I've had 0 issues with my PMAGs and I've had an issue with a Tapco mag that I borrowed from a random person at a range when I forgot my PMAGs.

The bulk of my mags are PMAGs. The Lancers are great. They are steel reinforced at the feed lip, which is nice. Are they better than PMAGs? I dunno. It fed well all day when I took it to the range a couple days ago. I think part of the steel feed lip thing is people who for some reason feel that something all polymer is not going to be a strong, and I find that these are the same people who call my G19 a Tupperware gun. I really only bought 2 Lancers because they were purple, and that's my second favorite color.

But I am not an Elite Operator Advanced Warfighter who is putting his life on the line to defend freedom/safe spaces and am paranoid that I will be Benghazi'd by a polymer magazine and Hilary Clinton's inbox, so...there's that.

MisterNoisy

https://imgur.com/a/vn8P8

Aero Prescison Upper and Lower.

16" Ballistic Advantage Hanson barrel in .223 Wylde

Nickel boron trigger and BCG

15" MLOK rail

VG6 Gamma muzzle device

Vortex Strike Eagle 1 x 6 scope on an American Defense QD mount

Magpul furniture and BUIS

Grape Flavored Lancer mag

Hawt! S'been a while, so I figure now is as good a time as any to post my somewhat-new space-gun range toy. Just took it out last weekend now that it's finally stopped raining to get the red dot sighted in - Amazon was selling TRS-25s for $55 with a $40 MiR, so I had to bite:

7L0abha.jpg

Profile shot before adding the RDS:

VrutTcD.jpg

My buddy bought a Dan Wesson Valor. It shoots to the left. Consistently. With 4 different shooters. He's in a weird state of denial, and I don't blame him. I'd be annoyed as heck is my $2000 pistol did that.

That sucks, but I think the sights are dovetailed in. I'd imagine that you should be able to drift-adjust them with a punch.

So I'm looking for a low magnification scope for my new AR. My rifle is an M&P 15 sport 2 so it has a fixed front sight, which based on what I've read shouldn't be really be visible on the scope as long as it's > 2.5x magnified. But man, these things are expensive. I'm looking at the Vortex Spitfire 3x, but ideally I'd rather go cheaper. I want quality but this thing is like 2/3 the price of the rifle itself. Anybody have experience with these or a cheaper alternative?

I would strongly recommend checking out Primary Arms stuff. They have a 2.5x prism scope with a sweet BDC reticle that usually goes for under $200 (linked one is currently $180 at AIM), a 3x one for $260 and a 1-4x scope for $120 (add $50 for a nice cantilever mount). I have the 4x version of their prism scope on my other AR and love it to death - PA comes highly recommended pretty much everywhere I've looked when people are talking about 'budget but not crap' optics.

YeSSS!!!!

Thank you for your purchase of a Springfield Armory® Pistol Your claim for the GearUp promotion has been approved and processed. Please allow 8-12 weeks for processing and delivery.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for choosing Springfield Armory®!

Customer Service
800-680-6866

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Phone: (800) 680-6866
Email: GearUp@springfield-armory.com

hwalker84

YeSSS!!!!

Thank you for your purchase of a Springfield Armory® Pistol Your claim for the GearUp promotion has been approved and processed. Please allow 8-12 weeks for processing and delivery.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for choosing Springfield Armory®!

Customer Service
800-680-6866

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Phone: (800) 680-6866
Email: GearUp@springfield-armory.com

Took like 1-2 weeks last time I bought one during this promotion.

I would strongly recommend checking out Primary Arms stuff. They have a 2.5x prism scope with a sweet BDC reticle that usually goes for under $200 (linked one is currently $180 at AIM), a 3x one for $260 and a 1-4x scope for $120 (add $50 for a nice cantilever mount). I have the 4x version of their prism scope on my other AR and love it to death - PA comes highly recommended pretty much everywhere I've looked when people are talking about 'budget but not crap' optics.

My Vortex Strike Eagle was $260 on eBay.

I know the Vortex Crossfire II can be had for under $200 on eBay as well.

I ended up going Vortex Spitfire 3x prism, got it for 270 on ebay, can't find it for cheaper than 350 elsewhere online. This thing is crystal clear, red and green options on the reticle with 5 different power settings for each, black etched reticle when turned off. I almost went Primary Arms but I've heard so many good things about Vortex in general that I couldn't pass it up for the price. Thank you guys for the input, I'm sure I'll need more in the future! Also ordered the full Magpul SL furniture set, may add a foregrip soon after.

The only critique I would give of the spitfire is that the eye relief doesn't seem that outstanding. Not terrible, but I had to remove my backup sights to move the scope as far back on the rail as possible to get it feeling right.

Edit: Quick shot I took after I mounted it. Will definitely look better after the Magpul SL gear gets added.

MisterNoisy

I ended up going Vortex Spitfire 3x prism, got it for 270 on ebay, can't find it for cheaper than 350 elsewhere online. This thing is crystal clear, red and green options on the reticle with 5 different power settings for each, black etched reticle when turned off. I almost went Primary Arms but I've heard so many good things about Vortex in general that I couldn't pass it up for the price. Thank you guys for the input, I'm sure I'll need more in the future! Also ordered the full Magpul SL furniture set, may add a foregrip soon after.

The only critique I would give of the spitfire is that the eye relief doesn't seem that outstanding. Not terrible, but I had to remove my backup sights to move the scope as far back on the rail as possible to get it feeling right.

Edit: Quick shot I took after I mounted it. Will definitely look better after the Magpul SL gear gets added.

Awesome. Vortex stuff is great, and you have to love their warranty.

Just pulled the trigger on a 10.5" upper (less BCG and CH) that Primary Arms was selling for less than $200 shipped. SBR, here I come! :)

I finally got around to watching the new NRA commercial.

What the everloving fuck was that.

Yeah... that's a thing.

Awesome. Vortex stuff is great, and you have to love their warranty.

Just pulled the trigger on a 10.5" upper (less BCG and CH) that Primary Arms was selling for less than $200 shipped. SBR, here I come! :)

Nice, I just read about the lifetime warranty, damn!

Some "final" touches, added some Magpul SL furniture. My god, I read that the SL handguard was a tight install, but I had no idea...if you buy one may god have mercy on your soul. Love it though, and the stock is great too. I have the grip but can't find a hex key for it so I'll probably add it later.

blackflag

Need to move back the foregrip, actually get a different one, I don't really like it. Add a bipod, scope, and canted red dot.

I have an SWFA SS 3-15x tactical scope in my amazon cart but I'm hesitating on the 700 dollars. Could get a 10x fixed for 299. They are both great scopes I just think I need the 3x but I already spent 2k on this in the last 3 days.

Bandit1

Goofalo

Need to move back the foregrip, actually get a different one, I don't really like it. Add a bipod, scope, and canted red dot.

I have an SWFA SS 3-15x tactical scope in my amazon cart but I'm hesitating on the 700 dollars. Could get a 10x fixed for 299. They are both great scopes I just think I need the 3x but I already spent 2k on this in the last 3 days.

I know that feel. I have to accept my rifle is fine the way it is currently. I think about little things I could add, or more expensive optics. It serves the purpose I had for it when I built it. And if I want something for a different purpose, build a different rifle, which is of course that other rabbit hole.

blackflag

I know that feel. I have to accept my rifle is fine the way it is currently. I think about little things I could add, or more expensive optics. It serves the purpose I had for it when I built it. And if I want something for a different purpose, build a different rifle, which is of course that other rabbit hole.

Well I pulled the trigger anyways. Got a bipod and a nice scope coming to me next Thursday. Can't wait.

No Ragrets......

MisterNoisy

That 'space gun' rifle I posted earlier is the one I use to try out new stuff and generally screw around with attachments since it's already kinda silly. :) I already have a 'no nonsense' rifle that just has an AFG and a 4x prism optic on it.

hwalker84

Well, now I know I won't be building my own 308 rifle now

Official announcement from Facebook

TAVOR 7
Yesterday we posted a "teaser" on our new TAVOR 7 and your response has been huge!
Many of you have asked several questions about this new model. We will attempt to answer some of them here:
Specifications:
• Caliber: 7.62 NATO/.308 Win
• Barrel: CHF/CL 1:12 twist with a 16" barrel; 1:10 with 18" barrel
• OAL: 26.75" with 16" barrel (without flash suppressor)
• Weight: 8.6 Lbs.
• Optional calibers & Conversion Kits: TBD
• Colors: Black, FDE and OD Green
Features (muzzle to butt):
• Muzzle threads: 5/8 x 24
• 4 position variable gas regulator (including off)
• Upper forend: 2 MLOK slots at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock
• Lower forend: Removable SAR styled forend cover that exposes one integral pic rail at 6 o'clock when removed.
• Charging handle lockable in open position, similar to an MP5.
• Full length one piece Picatinny (Mil-Spec) top rail with integral folding BUIS; Tritium front post.
• Cutlass style grip modifiable to pistol grip with traditional trigger guard; same as X95.
• Short stroke gas piston (unlike our long stroke SAR and X95).
• Uses LR/SR25 magazines and comes with one 20-round Magpul PMAG with window (in states without capacity restrictions; 10 round for restricted states).
• Bolt release is Tavor SAR style along centerline or release from MP5 style charging handle
• Fire control group is not interchangeable with SAR or X95.
Ambidextrous Features:
• Ambidextrous bolt; no opposite hand bolt needed for conversion to opposite hand operation. No need to return the gun to IWI US for opposite hand conversion and head space checking.
• Ambidextrous (all the time) magazine release position like our X95, similar to an AR-15.
• Ambidextrous charging handle with push through receiver functionality. No need for tools or any disassembly.
• Ambidextrous (all the time) safety selector with a 45 degree rotation (unlike 90 degrees on our SAR and X95).
• Ambidextrous (all the time) bolt release behind magazine; similar to the Tavor SAR.
• Ejection port covers are user configurable in the field with a simple slide of the case deflector.
Launch Date: First shipments projected to start in January, 2018.
Price: TBD

Chorazin

Nice, I just read about the lifetime warranty, damn!

Some "final" touches, added some Magpul SL furniture. My god, I read that the SL handguard was a tight install, but I had no idea...if you buy one may god have mercy on your soul. Love it though, and the stock is great too. I have the grip but can't find a hex key for it so I'll probably add it later.

The SL isn't that hard to put on, you just need to realize your gun isn't gonna break and really force that fucker on.

Or maybe I'm saying this for my own benefit because I really need to take mine off to install a forward sling attachment point. 😅

So i have been using bags for a long time to shoot distance. I bought a cheap $10 picatinny bipod off Amazon awhile back and finally used it. Thos thing improved my groupings at 200 and 300 yards like nothing. And this piece of crap is uneven and as sturdy as a straw.

So with that said, can anyone recommend a good picatinny bipod? I think I'm making the switch.

Also, any recommendations for a budget spotting scope up to 300 yards?

Goofalo

So i have been using bags for a long time to shoot distance. I bought a cheap $10 picatinny bipod off Amazon awhile back and finally used it. Thos thing improved my groupings at 200 and 300 yards like nothing. And this piece of crap is uneven and as sturdy as a straw.

So with that said, can anyone recommend a good picatinny bipod? I think I'm making the switch.

I guess it depends on what you are shooting and how much you want to spend. Usable bipods for an AR or M1A, my friends and I all bought UTG/Caldwell bipods which max out at around $50. Next level up is Harris/Tip Top, which can go up to around $100. Then you get your Atlas precisions, which go from about $100 to over $200. And to be honest, I don't see the point at that price range. Not for what I'm doing or what my rifle was built for.

I guess it depends on what you are shooting and how much you want to spend. Usable bipods for an AR or M1A, my friends and I all bought UTG/Caldwell bipods which max out at around $50. Next level up is Harris/Tip Top, which can go up to around $100. Then you get your Atlas precisions, which go from about $100 to over $200. And to be honest, I don't see the point at that price range. Not for what I'm doing or what my rifle was built for.
Shooting 223 and 308 AR's out to 300 yards. They'll see some competition but nothing serious. We do a casual 200 yard prone match once a month.

Is there really a difference between the $50 and $100 bipods? The one I have is wobbly as all hell. I'd like some resistance in the pivot movement so that it is easier to stay on target. Similar to higher end rests

MisterNoisy

Shooting 223 and 308 AR's out to 300 yards. They'll see some competition but nothing serious. We do a casual 200 yard prone match once a month.

Is there really a difference between the $50 and $100 bipods? The one I have is wobbly as all hell. I'd like some resistance in the pivot movement so that it is easier to stay on target. Similar to higher end rests

I bought this one for my ARs and am not pissed about it. It's kinda heavy, but it's built like a tank. No pivot or swivel or fancy spring release, but it's solid as hell. QD mount means I can just chuck it in the range bag and swap it between my rifles easily.

blackflag

I just got the CVlife bipod off amazon and installed it yesterday. It seemed sturdy enough. Still waiting for my scope to come today or tomorrow so I'm not sure when I'll be able to actually try it out.

I bought this one for my ARs and am not pissed about it. It's kinda heavy, but it's built like a tank. No pivot or swivel or fancy spring release, but it's solid as hell. QD mount means I can just chuck it in the range bag and swap it between my rifles easily.

I just got the CVlife bipod off amazon and installed it yesterday. It seemed sturdy enough. Still waiting for my scope to come today or tomorrow so I'm not sure when I'll be able to actually try it out.
Thank you both

Piggus

SGAmmo has 1000-round cans of 5.56 Magtech 55 gr. military surplus for 279 + $18 shipping. Same price as Wolf Gold. Super tempting...

http://www.sgammo.com/product/223-5...mm-ball-m193-military-surplus-ammo-cbc-556mil

Also, I went out to test my 9-pellet 00 buckshot loads, and they make a satisfying muzzle flash. But I get a lot of unburned powder in my face when eject the shell, so I'm thinking I need to try a different powder.

ra3qdVF.png

Started out before with 12-pellet 00 buck, but that shit is brutal. Now I know why it's not as common...

Goofalo

Has anyone here ever bought a used gun off of Gun Broker or Armslist?

I'd like to pick up a gun that isn't manufactured anymore, just kind of annoying when I cant handle or inspect it at the LGS.

Has anyone here ever bought a used gun off of Gun Broker or Armslist?

I'd like to pick up a gun that isn't manufactured anymore, just kind of annoying when I cant handle or inspect it at the LGS.

I have, request a drivers license photo and offer yours. You can black out your actual licence number but I'd leave everything else clear. It keeps people honest and anyone shady who knows they're doing you dirty will likely make excuses for why they're not wanting to.

Gunbroker is way easier, it's literally eBay but for guns.

Chorazin

I got a great deal on a Hill People Gear Recon Kit Bag, and got a chance to wear it on the trail yesterday along with my 40lb pack. If any of you spend any amount of time in the woods I HIGHLY recommend one of these!

It's not going to be as quick as a standard holster on the draw, but you can still access your weapon quickly and it's not on your hip, which can be a real pain on long hikes (or impossible if you use a hip belt.) Mine held my Glock 19 + an extra mag, my slim wallet and my iPhone 7+. This would also be awesome for running, or hell even walking the dog if you're in gym shorts or something.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Took like 1-2 weeks last time I bought one during this promotion.
I read they ship through FedEx. Did you get a tracking number when it shipped? I bought an XD-E almost two weeks ago, I'd rather pick the package up at a store than have it come to my house, but you need a tracking number to set that up.

hwalker84

I read they ship through FedEx. Did you get a tracking number when it shipped? I bought an XD-E almost two weeks ago, I'd rather pick the package up at a store than have it come to my house, but you need a tracking number to set that up.

I didn't get anything. It just showed up one day.

blackflag

Do you love it? I love mine. So much better than my XDS that I sold it to my brother.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Do you love it? I love mine. So much better than my XDS that I sold it to my brother.
Haven't fired it yet. I'm not sure about the double action either. I do like how slim it is though.

Top Bottom