• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GDT going all in on twitter #FucKonami

Hyh3veT.gif

hahaha if only

These creative individuals are going to cook us up one hell of treat. I loved the DS video last night. I also watched Del Toro's Cronos film last week. That was cool.

At that point is when Konami was dead to me. Not cool to tease us hardcore SH fans with something incredible like PT after giving us that shit HD collection.

Fletcher

I just want junji Ito involved. I really wanted to see a horror game with him and del Toro involved. Could care less about Kojima, but having him attached would mean they would have much more room to experiment.

Guys, I'm a bit behind here. Had no idea game awards was last tonight (blame the Simpsons marathon...)

So, there was a "FucKonami" segment on the show...without Jim Fucking Sterling Son's influence/input?

Color me surprised...

Well maybe Kojima shouldn't have crippled the company with ludicrous budgets for his weird wannabe-hollywood projects. The Fuck Konami bandwagon (probably coming mostly from Kojima fanboys rather than old Konami fans anyway) has gotten way out of control. God forbid a company wants to avoid bankruptcy by leaving a non-profital branch. It sucked for the lost IPs, but that's just reality and we already saw this coming at the beginning of the decade.

Oh right, all these reports about the torture chamber Konami, which barely had any serious sources backing it up (if any at all).

Not in this tweet.

All the reports were conflicting, I have yet to see confirmation of these things. All of it seemed like overblown fantasy to keep the hate train rolling.

Konami Should hire you to do PR

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I just want junji Ito involved. I really wanted to see a horror game with him and del Toro involved. Could care less about Kojima, but having him attached would mean they would have much more room to experiment.

They'll call him when they do their next, horror-centered game!

I can only hope.

But seriously, I do think that this game is gonna have some body horror to it. There's no way all those organs, skeleton soldiers, plus babies don't hint to that. And even MGSV being an action centered game had some horror-like moments.

Glix

Kojima wasted millions and many years making MGS5 for what is likely a small return.

Konami made a crap ton of money on cheap Pachinko games that probably required 1 programmer, 1 artist and 1 hardware designer.

You think they'd entertain the idea of another project from Kojima that could take untold years and be expensive as hell?

A famous director and actor aren't cheap.

People can be all #fuckkonami all day but that decision to dump the games is totally understandable.

Locking him in a cupboard for 6 months sounds pretty bad. But the guy was VP at Konami for years. He's bound to be a well off millionaire.

Source? Your ass?

Fisty

Kojima wasted millions and many years making MGS5 for what is likely a small return.

Konami made a crap ton of money on cheap Pachinko games that probably required 1 programmer, 1 artist and 1 hardware designer.

You think they'd entertain the idea of another project from Kojima that could take untold years and be expensive as hell?

People can be all #fuckkonami all day but that decision to dump the games is totally understandable.

Locking him in a cupboard for 6 months sounds pretty bad. But the guy was VP at Konami for years. He's bound to be a well off millionaire.

Uh pretty sure he spearheaded Fox Engine, that little engine thing that Konami was going to build all of its games on. The one that had 1080p with amazing graphics and damn near locked 60fps. The one they used for their annualised PES games. Yeah pretty sure Kojima was the only person at Konami with any sense at all.

Arttemis

Aside from your comments being speculation, the cost of the development was for more than just MGSV, though. It was for the creation of a fully functional, new generation engine, the FOX Engine...

Many other company have failed to successfully create one. Capcom with Panta Rhei and Square Enix with Luminous have failed, and everything is going the way of Unreal 4. If Konami wasn't abandoning the industry, they would have their own, license-free, in-house, new-gen engine at their disposal to drastically reduce the cost of future games.

What was actually the first official step Konami did that started the whole debate?
PT being taken of PSN an SHs cancelled If I recall correctly? Nevertheless it showed that this kind of approach to survival horror could work brilliantly and hopefully inspired other devs to go in that direction

Has this been posted ?
h3715EAE1

FYI, that's supposedly Norman reedus's instagram. Think he deleted it afterwards.

Edit: Damn, its real. He posted it a while ago however. Why am I just seeing this. Here's the link if anyone's interested.

A-V-B

I'm beyond pissed. Kojima was genuinely trying to breathe life into a franchise that Konami had all but forgotten about. Del Toro was a big part of that.

And it worked. Silent Hill hadn't been that relevant to people since, probably, Silent Hill 3's release. It was insane how popular the series became again, and in a manner relevant to the era it was released in. And Konami just swept it all away. Totally scorched earth.

So wasteful.

Goddamnit...fuck those motherfuckers so damn hard. How in the fuck do you cancel a sure thing like the Silent Hills game when the game had so much hype after PT practically reviving the survival horror genre single-handedly as a goddamn demo?

How does one fuck shit up that badly? Seriously.

FucKonami

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
And it worked. Silent Hill hadn't been that relevant to people since, probably, Silent Hill 3's release. It was insane how popular the series became again, and in a manner relevant to the era it was released in. And Konami just swept it all away. Totally scorched earth.

So wasteful.

You are so wrong... the series was well known when P.T. came out... everybody remembered the awful crappy and offensive HD remaster thank you very much ;)... :(...

Risev1

Man you know you did something wrong if you have an oscar-nominated director regularly go all "fuck you" on twitter.

Chumley

Banned
Relevancy does not mean everyone knows what it is.

You have no idea what you're talking about. 7 games, 2 films. The only survival horror franchise with higher name I.D. than Silent Hill is Resident Evil. P.T. did not suddenly make it relevant, it always was.

Why is this guy deranged? It's been a few years now.. get over it GDT.
Imagine putting a lot of time into something and having a grand vision and plan for a project that gets greenlit and then, because the people funding it aren't making games any more, they pull the carpet out from under it and treat one of your friends and colleagues like crap. How quickly should someone get over it?

You have no idea what you're talking about. 7 games, 2 films. The only survival horror franchise with higher name I.D. than Silent Hill is Resident Evil. P.T. did not suddenly make it relevant, it always was.

You don't seem to understand relevancy.

The series has been on a steady decline in terms of both relevance and quality since SH3. Having lots of content does not make a series relevant,especially one which was always somewhat niche to begin with.

Sales of homecoming,downpour and the various spin offs and side projects were fairly poor. Public perception of the franchise was at an all time low due to the quality or at least the perceived lack there of. All while being in a genre that was dying out during last gen before essebtially being turned into the amnesia/outlast style games we have now.

PT was a major shot in the arm,that reinvigorated the general public's interest in SH while also giving long term fans a reason not to dread the latest game (downpour was greeted to this reaction) or outright hostility towards it (book of memories)

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
You don't seem to understand relevancy.

The series has been on a steady decline in terms of both relevance and quality since SH3. Having lots of content does not make a series relevant,especially one which was always somewhat niche to begin with.

Sales of homecoming,downpour and the various spin offs and side projects were fairly poor. Public perception of the franchise was at an all time low due to the quality or at least the perceived lack there of. All while being in a genre that was dying out during last gen before essebtially being turned into the amnesia/outlast style games we have now.

PT was a major shot in the arm,that reinvigorated the general public's interest in SH while also giving long term fans a reason not to dread the latest game (downpour was greeted to this reaction) or outright hostility towards it (book of memories)

Having lots of declining quality content and awful treatment of your customers bordering on utter contempt is worse, much worse, for a revered cult series than having nothing released.

le.phat

Konami apologists. Why not?

Top Bottom