• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

rvd2kewl

The plants are always the ones who interact with the wrestlers if they ever do anything with the crowd. Some of them are totally in on it.

Obviously there's some stuff they do that involves plants ("Lil Jimmy" with the cup of water at Capital Punishment last year) but most of time it's the wrestlers interacting with the regulars they know have traveled a long way to have fun and aren't a threat at all to their safety.

Cena has fun with those "We Hate Cena" guys because they're not a threat. They're just having fun at the shows and you realize that pretty quick when you see them there (and they're there often). Have you ever seen any of them do anything like you see with some psychos that have so much hate for a guy they don't even know? No. Never once have they tried to take a swing at him like that woman did to Jericho in the parking lot a few years ago.

The "Superfans" know the show is scripted and they enjoy it for what it is because it is fun to be there live. They enjoy the interaction they have with the wrestlers during the show and after when they're waiting at airports and the hotels for pictures & autographs. Check out "Brock Plant's" Facebook page and you'll see how many Meet & Greets the guy attends outside of WWE shows. He was there at the Ultimate Warrior signing I attended back in March. It's right around the corner for me, but at least an hour drive for him each way. We both were in line for at least 6 hours that night. He wasn't a plant that night, just a huge wrestling fan.

I know people here get excited here when they get a response on Twitter from someone like Punk (I do too). So imagine how it feels when you have a wrestler interacting with you during the shows and you have tons of wrestling fans telling you afterwards how cool that was and how lucky you were. Makes you want to do it again and again.

I know I've mentioned here before that at Night of Champions 2010 I was in the front row in Chicago with my sister and she had a "Cena, please throw me your shirt" sign (before they became common). She's super shy and had met Cena a few times before then. She's always been respectful to him. He's been great and I know he's seen us sitting ringside plenty of times before. It was the first and only time she's taken a sign to the arena and she only did it because I encouraged her to since we had front row seats. It worked and she got his shirt that night. It was seriously priceless to see her that happy at the show (huge Cena fan) and it honestly would've made a 2 day drive across the country to the show worth it. I imagine that's how a lot of the "Superfans" feel when they interact with their favorites at the show.

Here's another example...

eEgQQ.jpg

"Frank the Clown"

A Superfan from the Chicago area. Kisses Punk's ass at the shows and on Twitter. He does everything he can to get Punk's attention, all the way down to tweeting just like him (music quotes, the "Lets Go!" stuff, etc.) and visiting the same places Punk does. He's the furthest thing from a threat you can have, just a hardcore fan that spends a lot of money and time traveling to the shows to enjoy them and interact with the wrestlers. He takes it a step further than most with the clown outfit to get attention, but he's just a fan like you and I. Punk knows this and occasionally interacts with him at the shows like the picture above. That was at the Summerslam Axxess event last year. Punk was doing a Q&A session there and decided he was going to bring the microphone to the fans and field questions. Punk knows the "clown" is from Chicago and flew out to be at Summerslam in LA. He even mentioned seeing the fan at the Money in the Bank show a few weeks earlier (the "clown" had the Straight Edge "X's" painted on his face that night). Why wouldn't you throw a fan like that a bone if they're that much of a fan that they'll put everything aside and fly across country to see you perform live on a big show?

EDIT: Notice "Brock Plant" is behind Punk there too as he and the clown travel to the shows together a lot with both being from Chicago.

Further, I think it's shitty that the wrestlers seem to take the brunt of the complaints for creative's bullshit. I also don't think it makes a lot of sense to cut actual wrestlers when the roster is spread so thin

I think a lot of the problem is that creative ruin these guys to such a degree that no one could ever take them seriously again without the kind of clever and well executed booking creative failed to employ in the first place.

Swagger for instance, he's largely a joke now - it would take a serious change in character and booking for the audience to perceive him as heavyweight champion material again, if they ever did in the first place.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I wouldn't doom Austin Aries to the Impact Wrestling tag team division.

Well he doesn't have anywhere else to go. He's too small for the TNA main event picture. There's gotta be a line of 6-7 guys for that title. When TNA doesn't have anything else to do with you, they throw you in a tag team. See Joe, Crimson, Morgan, and AJ Styles.

Kaladin

Well he doesn't have anywhere else to go. He's too small for the TNA main event picture. There's gotta be a line of 6-7 guys for that title. When TNA doesn't have anything else to do with you, they throw you in a tag team. See Joe, Crimson, Morgan, and AJ Styles.

Austin Aries is TNA's CM Punk. He'll be in the main event picture soon enough, just give him time.

G-Fex

if WWE wasn't so damn lazy with everything.

Theres little to no effort at all in anything.

Know why they won't have King of the Ring and a decent Survivor Series? Cause they've just left the later half of 2011 and up to now on cruise control. It's so painfully evident they're lazy they have a tiny roster when they could have a decent sized one. Nope why go through work or effort. So how many more months are we going to have EXCUSE ME and PRESENTING FUNKASAURUS AND HORNSWOGGLE and so on.

Morgadeth

if WWE wasn't so damn lazy with everything.

Theres little to no effort at all in anything.

Know why they won't have King of the Ring and a decent Survivor Series? Cause they've just left the later half of 2011 and up to now on cruise control. It's so painfully evident they're lazy they have a tiny roster when they could have a decent sized one. Nope why go through work or effort. So how many more months are we going to have EXCUSE ME and PRESENTING FUNKASAURUS AND HORNSWOGGLE and so on.

At least 12.

Smackdown spoilers:

(4) Antonio Cesaro (Claudio Castagnoli) beat Tyson Kidd in a try-out match.

Good pairing, but I'll bet the match wasn't nearly long enough.

People who need to get released from WWE soon:
Alex Riley (Hasn't improved at all since coming up, dump him.)
Brodus Clay (Funkasaurus would be a better gimmick if he could wrestle, but he can't.)
JTG (Hasn't done shit since his feud with Shad, which was 2 years ago. Not even a great wrestler.)
Mason Ryan (Still really bad, but he'll stay because of his look.)
Zack Ryder (He's a geek, and isn't good in the ring.)
Camacho (Yo get rid of him and Hunico's shitty gimmick.)
Drew McIntyre (Been buried too much, and his work isn't good enough to dig him out.)
Ezekiel Jackson (Read Mason Ryan.)
The Great Khali (He can't move anymore, and his size isn't as awe-inspiring as it was.)
Hornswoggle (Get this fuck out of WWE.)
Jinder Mahal (Okay in the ring, but he's a geek.)
Trent Barreta (See Zack Ryder.)
Tyler Reks (Boring, and he's holding Hawkins back, whose actually pretty good.)

I'm sure I'm missing more, because a lot of the roster is bad. All Divas are expendable, so I didn't bother to list them.

Razorskin

----- ------
Brodus Clay (Funkasaurus would be a better gimmick if he could wrestle, but he can't.)
JTG (Hasn't done shit since his feud with Shad, which was 2 years ago. Not even a great wrestler.)
Camacho (Yo get rid of him and, Hunico's shitty gimmick.)
Drew McIntyre (Been buried too much, and his work isn't good enough to dig him out.)
The Great Khali (He can't move anymore, and his size isn't as awe-inspiring as it was.)

I'm sure I'm missing more, because a lot of the roster is bad. All Divas are expendable, so I didn't bother to list them.

You want to tussle?

Camacho (Yo get rid of him and Hunico's shitty gimmick.)

Curt Hawkins is good?

You want to tussle?
Drew is good, but he's been buried pretty hard, and I don't think he has the skills to really make him the guy he could've been.

I honestly haven't seen much of Barreta, but when I have, he's too much of geek.

Curt Hawkins is good?
I like Curt. He's done some good work on NXT and Superstars. Honestly, he's pretty expendable too though.

Also, I think I've watched more NXT and Superstars than Raw and SmackDown recently. Says a lot really.

Obviously there's some stuff they do that involves plants ("Lil Jimmy" with the cup of water at Capital Punishment last year) but most of time it's the wrestlers interacting with the regulars they know have traveled a long way to have fun and aren't a threat at all to their safety.

Cena has fun with those "We Hate Cena" guys because they're not a threat. They're just having fun at the shows and you realize that pretty quick when you see them there (and they're there often). Have you ever seen any of them do anything like you see with some psychos that have so much hate for a guy they don't even know? No. Never once have they tried to take a swing at him like that woman did to Jericho in the parking lot a few years ago.

The "Superfans" know the show is scripted and they enjoy it for what it is because it is fun to be there live. They enjoy the interaction they have with the wrestlers during the show and after when they're waiting at airports and the hotels for pictures & autographs. Check out "Brock Plant's" Facebook page and you'll see how many Meet & Greets the guy attends outside of WWE shows. He was there at the Ultimate Warrior signing I attended back in March. It's right around the corner for me, but at least an hour drive for him each way. We both were in line for at least 6 hours that night. He wasn't a plant that night, just a huge wrestling fan.

I know people here get excited here when they get a response on Twitter from someone like Punk (I do too). So imagine how it feels when you have a wrestler interacting with you during the shows and you have tons of wrestling fans telling you afterwards how cool that was and how lucky you were. Makes you want to do it again and again.

I know I've mentioned here before that at Night of Champions 2010 I was in the front row in Chicago with my sister and she had a "Cena, please throw me your shirt" sign (before they became common). She's super shy and had met Cena a few times before then. She's always been respectful to him. He's been great and I know he's seen us sitting ringside plenty of times before. It was the first and only time she's taken a sign to the arena and she only did it because I encouraged her to since we had front row seats. It worked and she got his shirt that night. It was seriously priceless to see her that happy at the show (huge Cena fan) and it honestly would've made a 2 day drive across the country to the show worth it. I imagine that's how a lot of the "Superfans" feel when they interact with their favorites at the show.

Here's another example...

eEgQQ.jpg

"Frank the Clown"

A Superfan from the Chicago area. Kisses Punk's ass at the shows and on Twitter. He does everything he can to get Punk's attention, all the way down to tweeting just like him (music quotes, the "Lets Go!" stuff, etc.) and visiting the same places Punk does. He's the furthest thing from a threat you can have, just a hardcore fan that spends a lot of money and time traveling to the shows to enjoy them and interact with the wrestlers. He takes it a step further than most with the clown outfit to get attention, but he's just a fan like you and I. Punk knows this and occasionally interacts with him at the shows like the picture above. That was at the Summerslam Axxess event last year. Punk was doing a Q&A session there and decided he was going to bring the microphone to the fans and field questions. Punk knows the "clown" is from Chicago and flew out to be at Summerslam in LA. He even mentioned seeing the fan at the Money in the Bank show a few weeks earlier (the "clown" had the Straight Edge "X's" painted on his face that night). Why wouldn't you throw a fan like that a bone if they're that much of a fan that they'll put everything aside and fly across country to see you perform live on a big show?

EDIT: Notice "Brock Plant" is behind Punk there too as he and the clown travel to the shows together a lot with both being from Chicago.

This post made me feel good about still caring.

Bring on the next PPV!!!

dream

And, really, now that I think about it (and this is more directed at Bobo), is much difference between rvd2kewl's description of "Superfans" and 80s style ringrats? At least ringrats can have their favorite conmen thrown in jail for missing child support payments.

And, really, now that I think about it (and this is more directed at Bobo), is much difference between rvd2kewl's description of "Superfans" and 80s style ringrats? At least ringrats can have their favorite conmen thrown in jail for missing child support payments.

Lol are you kidding? Ring rats fucked so many dudes back in the day there is no way they knew who was the father, sometimes even 3 or 4 at the same time. Maybe they picked the one they thought was a sucker and that's how we ended up with Michael McGillicutty.

Kaladin

Lol are you kidding? Ring rats fucked so many dudes back in the day there is no way they knew who was the father, sometimes even 3 or 4 at the same time. Maybe they picked the one they thought was a sucker and that's how we ended up with Garrett Bishoff.

Fixed that for you.

Top Bottom