• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

DiscoJon

Banned
My soul is that of a Egyptian Pharoah. My heart is dead inside, cold hard and pertrified.

Have you ever put the ***** in a sarcophagus?

uS5ee.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Seriously, why does Alicia Fox act like she's over as fuck and why is she wearing that horrible fake fox on her head all the time.

Please Laurinaitis, future endeavor that girl, stat!

G-Fex

Seriously, why does Alicia Fox act like she's over as fuck and why is she wearing that horrible fake fox on her head all the time.

Please Laurinaitis, future endeavor that girl, stat!

Ladies and gentlemen a Alicia Fox mark is born!

Aiii

So not worth it
Ladies and gentlemen a Alicia Fox mark is born!

My marking heart belongs to AJ.

Who is gonna make an awesome heel btw!

Smackdown:
So they make sure to mute the YES-chants when Bryan stars them, but when Sheamus does one suddenly it's loud as fuck. Sounds legit WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, let's get this place a little more lively - who do you feel has been misused the most in 2012 in WWE?

So, let's get this place a little more lively - who do you feel has been misused the most in 2012 in WWE?

Ziggler has fallen quite a way from his WWE title feud with Punk, now he jobs to the Funk as does his chum Swagger.
But really the only option here is Ryder, somehow by being inserted into a main event feud he fell far lower.

Also R Truth has fallen victim to the face turn, while he managed to keep the crazy truth angle the whole things just feels far worse now and he's no longer booked with any sort of strength, didn't he also have some partner guy? Ice Cold Mike or something? where'd that guy go?

Meanwhile Kane, Henry and Show receive career revivals, Lesnar straight to the top, Ryback, Tensei and Funk currently unbeatable, the moral here is being a big guy pays off.

BFIB

Saw the Jeff Hardy .gif and thought it was a pic. Then it moved, and I just missed it, but thought I saw something moving. Stared at it closely, then it moved again.

Yep, I need a drink now.

The Miz. the guy still gets awesome reactions from crowds and they've put him on a huge losing streak, and then pretty much kept him off the main shows since he got the key pin in the tag match at mania.

yeah, he made a mistake and didn't catch R Truth properly. we all know that. we also know that R Truth was completely fine, so if they're punishing him still for that, they need to stop.

R Truth hasn't been well used, but he's been getting more TV time as of late than The Miz, who is getting the bigger crowd reactions.

Aiii

So not worth it
Do you feel any of that is Zack's fault? Or is it 100% booking?

His character wasn't much to begin with but lets recap.
1) He gets no airtime outside of matches aside from being a prop for other people.
2) He spend many weeks getting his ass kicked by Kane to further a crappy storyline Kane had with Cena.
3) Which caused him to lose his title on Raw mere weeks after winning it.
4) He got a fake girlfriend who made out with his best "friend" (see also 2) and then kicked him in the balls.
5) They moved his webshow to WWE channel and now nobody gives a fuck anymore.

Mostly WWE's fault yeah. Had they allowed him to just be himself like in his webshow instead of a merc machine and a poor attempt to have him boost Cena's likability with the mark-crowd he would've been way better off.

However, the most misused character atm is Ziggler, who should be in the main event picture instead of jobbing to the team of Funkasaurus and Hornswoggle of all people.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Even though he hasn't been around much, I think that the WWE is seriously misusing Tensai. They've made too many big mistakes with him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Like hiring him?

ahurk! Nope, just their direction with his character and basically setting him up for lowercard squashes later in life. His character just ain't workin. Breaks the heart. Bernard is trying his damndest, but you can't make caviar out of fish eggs.

Brinbe

Agreed, that they even gave "Tensai" that crappy-ass gimmick in the first-place killed him. That, and the Funk-man are tired shit that should have been left in 1995.

And I'm in on Ziggs being most misused. I know they use him as the #1 workhouse sell artist for whomever they want to get over, which I suppose is a valuable position to be in, but no-one but smarks recognize it. He really deserves better.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not so sure I'd agree that Ziggler is being misused. He's currently an amazing enhancement talent - I mean, if you argue "well he should be champ" then yeah you'll feel like he's a little misused, especially since he's helping out other talents in need of a credible opponent, but I don't think he's misused.

WWE did really, really drop the ball on Ryder and it all traces back to the "No, you think what WE want you to think" issue WWE has and we're currently seeing with YES YES YES!

No, he's doing jobs walking around in a stupid black suit telling Chris Jericho things.

he's too scared to take the Miz's finisher properly. making himself and the Miz look bad. he's got no charisma. he's nothing notable in the ring. i'm glad that he's barely on the main shows.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So predictions on who's getting fired today from WWE?

Oh god, wow, exciting times. If there's a firing I'd expect...

Yoshi Tatsu (they buried him the other week, a fitting end in their eyes)

why the hell am i starting to enjoy the Ryback matches on Smackdown? there's just something funny about seeing him hurl little guys around. i'm sure it'll get old, and i don't know where it goes once he starts having competitive matches... but for now, i... i kind of like Ryback.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
why the hell am i starting to enjoy the Ryback matches on Smackdown? there's just something funny about seeing him hurl little guys around. i'm sure it'll get old, and i don't know where it goes once he starts having competitive matches... but for now, i... i kind of like Ryback.

Because Ryback is fun to watch! When he gets into a 15 minute match, the high will be over, but I like Ryback too. Far better than the cornfed meathead.

I'll echo some of the sentiments here, Ryder never should have gotten a push on television. Brodus is eating tons of TV time every week with his shit, he'd be better used setting up and taking down the ring before/after shows.

Ziggler/Swagger need something to bring their credibility back.

But most misused? Chris Jericho.
He was on the track for something interesting right up until the Rumble, then they flopped his story just to "work the marks brother". This meant that they only win they gave him in his months leading to Mania was the one to get the #1 contender's spot, hardly fitting for someone with claims to "Best in the World".
Then they ended up scrapping the "Best in the World", which by itself could have sold a series of matches (my ideal world would have been a semi-dusty finish at Mania, then a best of 5 leading into Extreme Rules). Instead they hamfisted the ROH Raven storyline into it with all of the roles fucked up, just so that when they met at Mania it would be "personal".
Instead of this storyline making Jericho a threat, it turned him into a cartoon villain with the foresight of Team Rocket. He comes up with dastardly (and mindblowingly stupid) plans each week, with little to no effect and then Punk giggles it off like so-much-Cena then raises the belt.

EDIT: I'll add that Riley is okay, as they seem to be turning his character into "guy who works in catering and is even more gullible than current Chris Jericho". But ideally he should be working the ticket booth at FCW.

jmdajr

Pretty excited for the PPV Sunday. I think the sports bar will be pretty lively. Hopefully they can pull off a show that everyone can enjoy.. even Wrassle Gaf!

no Triple H though :'(

Brinbe

Absolutely, all those points are right on So much intrigue over those few first weeks, then it's only been one disappointment after another. All started when they bumped him from winning the Rumble.

G-Fex

Pretty excited for the PPV Sunday. I think the sports bar will be pretty lively. Hopefully they can pull off a show that everyone can enjoy.. even Wrassle Gaf!

I have sunday off.

Who wants me to stream some commentary as we're all watching Extreme Rules?

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Even though he hasn't been around much, I think that the WWE is seriously misusing Tensai. They've made too many big mistakes with him.

I can't take him seriously with him speaking his Weaboonese. Just have him be silent and kick ass. Someone here suggested that he should be in a feud with Yoshi Tatsu and I think that would be awesome.

Also, I have to agree with Ryder being misused. That Kane storyline made everyone look bad, aside from Eve's hoski turn.

The whole "Best in the World" storyline would have been awesome but they had to drag the whole alcohol thing into it. :/

Plus the tag champs being jobbed out week after week.

Actually, now that I think about it, the whole roster's been used pretty badly this year. The only exception is Daniel Bryan but eventually they're going to screw it up. (My money's on Summerslam)

Who do you think is going to stop "the new cerebral assassin" Chris Jericho? we must believe and he will come.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't take him seriously with him speaking his Weaboonese. Just have him be silent and kick ass. Someone here suggested that he should be in a feud with Yoshi Tatsu and I think that would be awesome.

Sadly they already blew it by having a no-build squash match with Tensai v Tatsu. They could have milked that into a solid midcard feud with Tatsu having no hope to win, and slowly built Tensai as a monster. But...nope! They can piss it away in an evening.

Also concerning those firings, I can't see any of them happening except maybe Goldust, if even that.

Top Bottom