• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

BorntoPlay

i anyone can sell me one of this or all at price + tax i would thank you forever!!!

article_post_width_ami.jpg

Velcro Fly

Man why do these Link amiibo all have to look so good and be so hard to get.

When I told the friend I was with how hard to get MM Link is he freaked out that I only bought one of the three but I didn't want to be that person. I wanted more people to walk into the store and get that feeling that I got seeing that hard to find amiibo there waiting to be purchased.

Wow today was the first time I've ever looked for Amiibo and I just happened to find a MM Link. Is it really that hard? Did I really get that lucky?

Did they get lucky or is there some sort of stealth restock happening? We've got three people practically back-to-back-to-back saying they found MM Link randomly at their local Best Buy.

It could be someone returning it?

I posted this in the BST thread but figured I'd post it here too:

As much as I don't want to do this, would anyone want to trade their skyward sword link amiibo for my Corrin p2 amiibo?

I should add looking for the US version.

How close to release do they usually announce specific amiibo functionality for games? I want to know if investing in the FE series, including the SSB characters, will be worth it for FE Warriors.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So according to Nintendo's Japanese site, NBA 2K18 is going to have amiibo support.

.......okay, then.

Is there any difference at all between the US and JP amiibos? I still desperately want the Callie and Marie amiibo 2-pack from NA but if there is no difference at all I might look at JP prices.

That includes the text under the base.

Is there any difference at all between the US and JP amiibos? I still desperately want the Callie and Marie amiibo 2-pack from NA but if there is no difference at all I might look at JP prices.

That includes the text under the base.

I have like 95% of all of the Amiibos, but because I use them/take them out of the packaging, I never cared where they came from. It makes collecting some of them a ton easier.

100% identical beyond packaging.

I have like 95% of all of the Amiibos, but because I use them/take them out of the packaging, I never cared where they came from. It makes collecting some of them a ton easier.

Yup, no differences whatsoever aside from the box art. Collectors who keep it sealed are the ones who are suffering the most.
Thanks for the responses guys! I might check out the JP market then. I'm planning on using the 2-pack for Splatoon 2 so as long as the Switch reads them in English text then we're good!

But thanks again!

Still looking for a Callie and Marie amiibo 2-pack from NA though!

US CorrinP2 arrives tomorrow from Amazon. They are requiring a signature for a $12.99 figure. Crazy.

I find it odd how things come from Amazon. 98 of 100 packages will be left outside my house in the rain with no one caring about it, and then there will be one that needs a signature (but can be pre-signed for) and another one that I 100% have to be at the house for.

Nothing I order is valuable, haha.

LiK

I find it odd how things come from Amazon. 98 of 100 packages will be left outside my house in the rain with no one caring about it, and then there will be one that needs a signature (but can be pre-signed for) and another one that I 100% have to be at the house for.

Nothing I order is valuable, haha.

I'm probably gonna preauthorize it as well. I assume they're forcing a signature for this because of its limited availability.

Vidiot

So are we hopefull the Zelda champions and the Metroid two pack won't be nearly as hard to obtain since they aren't store exclusive amiibo? It seemed easy enough to get any of the new non exclusive Smash wave anywhere.

Now that Nola's shipment got to me, I only need the following Amiibos to have all of them either in hand or pre-ordered for the new wave (Japan included, normal Skylanders included):

-Smash-
Mario
Marth
Rosalina
Sheik
Ike

-Dark Skylanders-
DK w/ car
Bowser w/ car

If any of you fine GAFers feel like ever selling your Amiibos and want to pawn off one of the above 7 figures, I'd appreciate it :)

Welp... I got my Cloud Player 2 amiibo today.

And to think - wasn't it Sakurai who said it would be very difficult to get all the amiibo for Smash Bros??

Well Mr. Sakurai...

cd9Ywgx.gif

Now that Nola's shipment got to me, I only need the following Amiibos to have all of them either in hand or pre-ordered for the new wave (Japan included, normal Skylanders included):

-Smash-
Mario
Marth
Rosalina
Sheik
Ike

-Dark Skylanders-
DK w/ car
Bowser w/ car

If any of you fine GAFers feel like ever selling your Amiibos and want to pawn off one of the above 7 figures, I'd appreciate it :)
I've been thinking of selling Ike. I need money to help pay for my grandma's hospital stuff so this might help.

SOLDIER

Guess I'll share my collection:

https://twitter.com/primoman/status/891865942392676352

That latest haul (not including Cloud) is from the FL Supercon last weekend. I managed to haggle them all to about $12 each.

My collection stands proudly in front of my TV:

https://twitter.com/primoman/status/891869596038434816

Currently my most-wanted Amiibo is the upcoming Metroid Samus Returns one.

In my opinion the best crafted Amiibos are all the ones from Splatoon. Can't wait to eventually get the S2 short haired Inkling girl and the eventual Pearl and Marina figs.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Got an alert last night around 11:50PM for the Metroid 2-pack but when I checked it still said Coming Soon. Guessing it was an error.

Luke_Wal

If anybody has a Roy they want to get rid of, PM me and we'll cut a deal!

My girlfriend miraculously found a Splatoon 2 Inkling Boy at Target and a Splatoon 2 Inkling girl available for shipping from Target.com, so I'm feeling very happy about my upcoming birthday!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Crap, I completely forgot that I didn't pre-order the Metroid amiibo 2-pack & it's in a month jampacked with other stuff I'm getting.

Top Bottom