• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 3 Game Informer Details [Use new thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Dumbing everything down to an action packed, linear to the point of being hand-held (yes I know they said this will be more open), explosion bro fest is not evolution. I wish some people would get that.

Evolution means to improve something through change. Not make it worse.

Agreed. Not only that but DS3 looks to be a very big departure for the series. DS1 prided itself on atmosphere, unique storytelling direction, HUDless gameplay, and truly terrifying survival horror sequences. DS2 minimized that and DS3 seems to be even more action oriented. What made the series great in the first place seems to no longer be there. It's sad. If I had the option I wouldn't even consider this a sequel other than the fact that it's in the same franchise.

If by evolve you mean homogenize into the same processed blob, sure.

They all don't need to evolve in exactly the same way.

Dumbing everything down to an action packed, linear to the point of being hand-held (yes I know they said this will be more open), explosion bro fest is not evolution. I wish some people would get that.

Evolution means to improve something through change. Not make it worse.
*Nods.*

Minamu

It's like there are monkeys in pantaloons that make games these days, huh? :) Looks like a natural development with the market being what it is. It's gonna be good, don't worry.

It's like there are monkeys in pantaloons that make games these days, huh? :) Looks like a natural development with the market being what it is. It's gonna be good, don't worry.

Until the game is in their consoles and they are in front of the TV playing it for themselves, these negative reactions will continue unabated. I've got a feeling. It'll probably just get worse.

I loved what I saw. Taking a different approach but not disappointed at all.

But what happened to *Dead Space 2 Spoiler*
Ellie's eye? Besides looking different, she has two eye barls now.

I loved what I saw. Taking a different approach but not disappointed at all.

But what happened to *Dead Space 2 Spoiler*
Ellie's eye? Besides looking different, she has two eye barls now.

In the Dead Space universe, they can regrow limbs and stuff for people who are injured in workplace accidents. She's got a new eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom