• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Yeah, I saw that thread. While I do feel it was kind of unfair, ultimately it is up to the discretion of the mods what constitutes a violation. It’s what we signed up for.

kurahador

I would hope not. The green screen looks awful.

Don't think it's a green screen considering the first trailer, it looks more like they replace the actual background for something else in post.
Maybe the actual location is a spoiler, like close to Avengers HQ or something.

Don't think it's a green screen considering the first trailer, it looks more like they replace the actual background for something else in post.
Maybe the actual location is a spoiler, like close to Avengers HQ or something.

Well they clearly shot the scene on a green screen since they're able to change the location it takes place in. I don't think it looks awful, but now that we know it was filmed on set instead of on-location, it's making people react differently to it. It's most likely that they just shifted around the order of some things in the early plot.

The original scene, taking place in a New York alley, implies that Hela ambushes Thor and Loki after Thor meets with Doctor Strange and the two brothers search for Odin.

The latest trailers and tv spots have been showing more of Hela ambushing the two while they are traveling on the bifrost, perhaps she attacks them while they're unguarded and they end up landing in whatever field they are in (could be some other realm while they're traveling to or from Midgard before or after the Odin search) and it's there that she destroys Mjolnir.

Guess we'll see soon, but it's probably the case that the reshoots shifted around some of the plot points for pacing purposes.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Well, this sounds interesting.

Mark Ruffalo hints at massive Marvel Cinematic Universe related photoshoot

Talk about a super gathering! Mark Ruffalo can't resist giving fans a glimpse of how Marvel Studios is planning to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of its Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The actor, who plays Bruce Banner/The Hulk, posted a pair of Facebook live videos on Saturday teasing a gigantic photoshoot supposedly gathering together all of the stars of the MCU.

While not every actor is visible, the shaky footage does reveal a who's who of Marvel heavyweights. Among them: Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Brie Larson (Captain Marvel), Paul Bettany (Vision), Anthony Mackie (Falcon), Chris Pratt (Star-Lord), Michael Rooker (Yondu), Michael Douglas (Hank Pym), Cobie Smulders (Maria Hill), Vin Diesel (Groot), Evangeline Lilly (Wasp), and the two Benedicts from Dr. Strange, Benedict Cumberbatch (Dr. Strange) and Benedict Wong (Wong).

Also on hand were several of MCU's go-to directors including brothers Anthony and Joe Russo (Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Captain America: Civil War), Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok), and Ryan Coogler (Black Panther).

Of course, one can imagine the headache Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige and the rest of his team must have had just trying to get everybody together in the same room. But the iconic spread is meant to not only look back at the MCU's first decade but also tease future movies. These include Phase Three's forthcoming Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man and the Wasp and Avengers: Infinity War and its untitled follow up.

I have no doubt Charlie Cox will be there.

dtrush

Social media embargo lifts tomorrow for Ragnarok, Oct. 19 for reviews. Marvel must be really confident in this one.

tbh I don’t think they’re in much competition. Even in the states where they’re two weeks apart, Thor Ragnarok will have made most of its money. And internationally it’s opening on the 24th of this month. Both Thor Ragnarok and JL will do quite well. I think it’s possible for all PG-13 comic movies this year to pass $800M WW (and $300M domestic).

tbh I don’t think they’re in much competition. Even in the states where they’re two weeks apart, Thor Ragnarok will have made most of its money. And internationally it’s opening on the 24th of this month. Both Thor Ragnarok and JL will do quite well. I think it’s possible for all PG-13 comic movies this year to pass $800M WW (and $300M domestic).

Doctor Strange got cut off by Fantastic Beasts 2 weeks later and still made damn near $700 million. It'll be fine.

DP: When do you guys think RDJ is leaving? I can't see him sticking around much longer tbh. I feel that he might be getting burnt out and wants to leave a la "logan".

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Can't believe I didn't think of it before but Paul Bethany and Jennifer Connolly are married, that inside track for the AI voiceover work.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I like how you guys are talking as if RDJ is a struggling actor and not, you know, one of the highest paid actors in hollywood (the highest until like 2 years ago or whenever it was in fact) lol >_>

Yeah.. "RDJ has no career..." Does he even need one at this point? Dude was rich before Marvel made him even more rich. He can do whatever the hell he wants after Marvel. Chill out doing nothing or act in passion projects or guest star on SNL every other week.

The Kree

Banned
I like how you guys are talking as if RDJ is a struggling actor and not, you know, one of the highest paid actors in hollywood (the highest until like 2 years ago or whenever it was in fact) lol >_>
Nah, that's not what was said. We know he's well paid. But he's only well paid because of Iron Man. He knows that and he's not going to throw it away.

jph139

I mean as long as Marvel is willing to put up the cash for Homecoming level appearances, RDJ has no reason to stop showing up. He gets an easy, consistent, well-paid gig, they get to soak in that Iron Man money at the box office. It's mutually beneficial.

Platy

Well, this sounds interesting.

Mark Ruffalo hints at massive Marvel Cinematic Universe related photoshoot

I have no doubt Charlie Cox will be there.

So this is where this pic come from ?

rRodQpU.jpg

Um, no? RDJ was in a massive slump right before he got the Iron Man gig. His comeback was Kiss Kiss Bang Bang that Shane Black directed. He couldn't get a job before that.

This is absolutely false. RDJ has been acting since 1970 and hasn't had more than a 2 year gap between projects since 1983.

He may not have been a marquee name throughout that whole time but he had steady work throughout the drug problems and arrests. He was in 29 films between 1983 and 1996 including Chaplin, for which he was nominated for an Oscar.

And that's before considering the fact that his father was a fairly successful Actor/Writer/Director.

Downey was rich as hell at a very young age. That's the primary reason he had so much trouble with drugs. Something that plagued a lot of 80's era child actors that saw success (Corey Haim, Corey Feldman, Drew Barrymore, etc.. etc..).

Top Bottom