• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 PC "optimized" for 30fps. User can uncap at own glitchy risk. Cacpcom.

I doubt it would be capable of a better framerate than Watch Dogs. How many of you realistically expect to get 60 FPS at 1080p, something that needs 6x the power of an Xbone? What GPUs are 6x as powerful as the Xbone's GPU?

If they give you an option to uncap the framerate it probably works fine. You would think you can wait until we see footage for the FUCK CAPCOM comments at least.

WTF, Capcom. Jeez, if they're not going to put any effort into it, don't even bother porting the game to PC. I guess they just want a quick cash in, due to the Xbox One version not doing so hot. Sorry, no sale from me.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus fucking Christ Capcom, make a fucking effort would you please. Then again I shouldn't be surprised at the same company who won't port an obvious money maker like Dragons Dogma to PC either.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'd like to hear how 'glitchy' it actually is at higher framerates. Might not be nearly as bad as people are assuming.

If they give you an option to uncap the framerate it probably works fine. You would think you can wait until we see footage for the FUCK CAPCOM comments at least.
I'm more certain than ever than people simply enjoy hating stuff.

Where are you buddy lol
games%20man.jpg

Salsa

I doubt it would be capable of a better framerate than Watch Dogs. How many of you realistically expect to get 60 FPS at 1080p, something that needs 6x the power of an Xbone? What GPUs are 6x as powerful as the Xbone's GPU?

now give me that measure in horsepowers gigawatts

a modern PC should be more than able to run this at 60fps with no problems

I'd like to hear how 'glitchy' it actually is at higher framerates. Might not be nearly as bad as people are assuming.

Lots of assumptions in the OP, people don't need much of a reason to jump into curse filled hysterics though.

now give me that measure in horsepowers gigawatts

a modern PC should be more than able to run this at 60fps with no problems

Why is that? There are thousands of highly detailed zombies on screen, great textures, dynamic lighting and so on. Not to say my 780 ti shouldn't run it at 60 FPS but any "modern pc" shouldn't just be able to do so.

Is this really, honestly a big deal?

I don't think I'll ever fully understand the cult of 1080p/60fps.

It's not a cult and it's not difficult to understand. If they are bringing the game to pc a person could get the crazy idea that they could take advantage of higher image fluidity and fidelity that is available on the pc. Instead, they can't.

Salsa

not really

I mean, they're saying "optimized for 30fps", literally, on a PC release, and being all "well 60fps is not officially supported nor designed or tweaked to be played this way at all good luck!"

it's a shitty attitude regardless of final product. They are not giving a shit

Wereroku

While doing this to people who like 60fps is shitty the bigger concern is what other problems this game will run into since this suggests little work is being done for the pc sku.

not really

I mean, they're saying "optimized for 30fps", literally, on a PC release, and being all "well 60fps is not officially supported nor designed or tweaked to be played this way at all good luck!"

it's a shitty attitude regardless of final product. They are not giving a shit

It's officially supported by virtue of being an option.

Um, because one of the major draws of pc gaming is so that you can run your games at 1080p or higher at 60 fps or higher? If we can't do that, then we might as well just play it on console.

Tain

Bummer. They must have genuinely not expected a PC port. But if they provide an option to uncap I doubt the behavior will be that erratic. Might just be covering themselves and saving on testing.

War Raichu said:
this will probably be fixed within a week by a mod

Maybe. Or maybe it will be like Dark Souls, which still has physics oddities at 60fps three years later. Or maybe it doesn't have any time-scaling logic at all, and reworking for 60fps is too daunting for a mod.

Salsa

like I said in the other topic

this will probably be fixed within a week by a mod

you can't double animation frames with a mod

I mean, jury's out on how bad this ends up being, what im complaining about is capcom being extremely shitty and lazy about it

It's officially supported by virtue of being an option.

well okay

that's like saying "yeah the game supports this, it's not supposed to we havent tested it or anything but fuck it flip the switch"

oh how good on them for altering an ini file. some work

Easy_D

never left the stone age
And this is made by a western developer too!

Edit:
What.

I know there's an oddity with RE4 HD on PC where all the guns got 60fps reload animations except for the rifle, and I still don't get it.

The rifle was probably keyframed by hand at no more than 30 frames per second.

Corpekata

Banned

Where is this "6x" thing coming from?

you can't double animation frames with a mod

I mean, jury's out on how bad this ends up being, what im complaining about is capcom being extremely shitty and lazy about it

well okay

that's like saying "yeah the game supports this, it's not supposed to we havent tested it or anything but fuck it flip the switch"

oh how good on them

If it broke the game they wouldn't include the option. There's very little reason to make such assumptions.

Top Bottom