• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYP Rumor: EA officially up for sale, KKR and Providence interested

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The company is looking to transform its business model to better compete against rivals such as Zynga Inc. (ZNGA), which has expanded its business to better support Internet-based sales.
This is wrong in so many ways.

It's pretty much a rumour at this point. Nothing official about it.

In a decade there will be just one big gaming publisher!

valve-logo.png

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
A mod should change the title of the thread.

I meant "official" as a half-joke. But apparently I'm in my own little world, lol.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Maybe someone can turn them around from being the worst company in America to something...better?

They could start by having "changing your e-mail" passwords need a confirm link from the changing from e-mail. My EA.com/Origin account has been taken for a ride and I can't even contact their live support right now because they want you to login to an EA.com/Origin account to even GET their help. Hilariously sad.

onQ123

Pack it up guys gaming as we know it will soon be over Free to Play & Mobile Gaming is the only way the big companies will survive in the future.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
On what planet does "Videogame maker Electronic Arts Inc. (EA) is exploring a sale" equal to "EA officially up for sale"?

Jarnet87

Activision to buy it. COD BLOPS Mass Effect edition. Now you can play CoD BLOPS with Mass Effect character skins and Madden skins.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

kirblar

The company is looking to transform its business model to better compete against rivals such as Zynga Inc. (ZNGA), which has expanded its business to better support Internet-based sales.
This sentence is frightening.

FyreWulff

I doubt any of the hardware guys would buy.

None of them would, as they'd lose all the multiplatform money by making EA games exclusive. And at that point, they'd lose the extra money to justify continuing paying for the exclusive NFL license.

Although to be honest, every publically traded company is for sale, which is why I'll never make any company I start publically traded.

I think EA are out of capital, the BioWare buyout really destroyed their balance sheet, and they haven't written down the goodwill yet either.

However, they should have returned to baseline profitability by now, and if they are putting themselves up for sale it means they are struggling to be maintain their profitability.

Aad

Surely it would be desirable for one of the hardware makers to have the popular yearly rehashed spots games etc as exclusives on their console.

Haunted

Thread title doesn't really reflect what's going on.

That said, Vivendi trying to get rid of the biggest publisher in the world and having this kind of talk surrounding the second biggest publisher... uh oh.

*puts on crazy hat* Activision and EA merge, bring out their own console and stop developing for other platforms. They'd have more exclusives than any first party.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hope DICE buy themselves out of EA.

Top Bottom