• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NRA TV: If Black Lives Matters "succeeds," white families be tortured and killed.

Now I'm confused
So do you or do you not give money to the NRA?

Haven't been a member in about two years. No plans are renewing. Fuck em. I like the Pink Pistols and African American Gun Club better.

Ok so if you don't anymore then why are you going to bat for people who do by comparing it to taxes and saying shit like being a member doesn't mean you agree with everything they do or someshit?

Because I know a bunch of NRA members in NY at least that don't agree with the shit on a national level. At all. But to be fair those guys aren't single issue voters that many super passionate 2A dudes are. Which lead me to the thought that I don't agree 100% with nearly any organization doesn't mean I'm going to shit on every member. How could I when I was once one? That's my point. But folks ignored that for the dogpile. Which is totally fine, I'm used to it. Ain't shit to me. Another day in a GAF thread related to firearms.

I was just thinking is Killer Mike still a nra member?

If so I expect every mofo here bitching to never listen to another song. Or you support his membership by giving him money and you are DIRECTLY responsible for that! /s

Because I know a bunch of NRA members in NY at least that don't agree with the shit on a national level. At all. But to be fair those guys aren't single issue voters that many super passionate 2A dudes are. Which lead me to the thought that I don't agree 100% with nearly any organization doesn't mean I'm going to shit on every member. How could I when I was once one? That's my point. But folks ignored that for the dogpile. Which is totally fine, I'm used to it. Ain't shit to me. Another day in a GAF thread related to firearms.

Dude come on you literally compared it to having to pay taxes... Don't act like you're just being criticized for no reason

There's zero reason to be a member of the NRA, it's not something anyone has to respect.

You're all over the place man.

First it was paying to be a member is just like taxes, and now it's fuck em...

I mean I only got dragged in that direction when someone out of nowhere tried to bring up my membership in the NRA. So I went down that rabbit hole. Sorry.

lol..This has been a rollercoaster ride, homie!

A little..yeah ��

Yea....lol.

Dude come on you literally compared it to having to pay taxes... Don't act like you're just being criticized for no reason

There's zero reason to be a member of the NRA, it's not something anyone has to respect.

I don't give a shit if anyone "respects" it. I said "I wish the NRA would go back to just being about sportsman shooting. That aspect of it. The shooting events, the training is fantastic. The politics is disgustingly toxic and will eventually backfire. I have been consistent on that point for years. But some folks don't wanna hear that they just wanna be like "OMG Mammoth you support evil!!!!" then ignore the ways they do the same every day. I don't really care if you agree. I know folks will blatantly disagree and take me to task on it (not my first rodeo lol) but I'll state my views. No matter how dumb you believe them to be. Which is understandable. I don't claim to be perfect, lol.

I don't give a shit if anyone "respects" it. I said "I wish the NRA would go back to just being about sportsman shooting. That aspect of it. The shooting events, the training is fantastic. The politics is disgustingly toxic and will eventually backfire. I have been consistent on that point for years. But some folks don't wanna hear that they just wanna be like "OMG Mammoth you support evil!!!!" then ignore the ways they do the same every day. I don't really care if you agree. I know folks will blatantly disagree and take me to task on it (not my first rodeo lol) but I'll state my views. No matter how dumb you believe them to be. Which is understandable. I don't claim to be perfect, lol.

You act like there's some recent mythological period where the NRA wasn't a fucked up organization with fucked up politics, there's no era to go back to where that wasn't true. I mean unless you were a member before ummm 1977.

I mean I only got dragged in that direction when someone out of nowhere tried to bring up my membership in the NRA. So I went down that rabbit hole. Sorry.

Well I mean all you had to have said was "I was, I made a mistake, now I'm not... fuckem"

Instead of arguing for the morality of being part of the NRA and comparing it to paying taxes.... but hey you sort of got there in the end I guess

Dude Abides

Banned
Exactly. The NRA isn't a friend of gun enthusiusts, they only pretend to be. They're really just a fear mongering organization that uses that fear to raise money. They don't really care if they are advancing the cause, in fact I'd bet they don't want to get their way cause then they can't fear monger to get more money. It's kind of like a guy we have here that tries to get things passed that are horrible but sound good on the outset so the people who bother to look into what he's really trying to sell see it's bad and campaign against it so he can get the people who think they are a good idea to see there is an "enemy" and donate money to him (and it's known now he keeps most of that money). People in Washington might recognize the name, Tim Eyman (sp?).

And if the democrats try to take a hard line on guns, they play right into the NRA's hands honestly. That's exactly what the NRA wants. And it makes it easy for the NRA to get people to be people who will vote due to one cause by playing on that fear. Now, we can argue whether it matters if they play into the hands (Whether taking a hard line is the right thing to do anyways), but make no mistake, the NRA wants them to do that and it does make it easy for the NRA to turn people into one issue voters by using that fear (though I don't know if the NRA cares about that so much as it being a side effect... they just want people scared that some one is going to take their guns away cause it makes for easy money)

I know plenty of gun enthusiusts who hate the NRA. They're not a friend of gun enthusiusts, they only pretend to be.

Sure they are. Without the NRA, it would in all likelihood be more difficult and more expensive to obtain a firearm. The gun enthusiast community has a lot of Turner Diaries wackos. The NRA just hunts where the ducks are.

Bleepey

Irrelevancy.

You pay taxes? You support everything your government ever did. Even if you changed citizenship and no longer pay taxes. You're responsible. See how that's dumb?

The NRA are a govt body? They might be the propaganda arm of the Republican Party so maybe I guess

Slayven

No, they mean they should soften on guns. Guns and the NRA are not the same thing

Can't discuss one without the other in this country.

When a bunch of white kids got slaughtered and people were mad about trying to prevent it from happening again. I knew guns would be undefeated.

Can't discuss one without the other in this country.

When a bunch of white kids got slaughtered and people were mad about trying to prevent it from happening again. I knew guns would be undefeated.

But I feel like the next generation or at least the generation after that ain't gonna fall for that noise. This is the first generation with widespread access to information via the internet.

But I feel like the next generation or at least the generation after that ain't gonna fall for that noise. This is the first generation with widespread access to information via the internet.

This is utterly naive.

The internet doesn't mean everyone will be more knowledgeable... There's no quality control now. Real research occupies the same space as blatant lies.

False information is more easily accessed and normalized than ever before.

Not only can you know be ignorant but "proof" that reinforces your ignorance is just one search away

This is utterly naive.

The internet doesn't mean everyone will be more knowledgeable... There's no quality control now. Real research occupies the same space as blatant lies.

Not only can you know be ignorant but "proof" that reinforces your ignorance is just one search away

I'm saying less people today own guns. The NRA's entire philosophy is no compromise ever one anything. Even if it's the right thing to do. You have a smaller number of people just buying more guns.

Eventually that's going to fuck em up. And it's gonna take generations. Like by the time our children are old enough to be old politicians.

Rmagnus

Banned
This is utterly naive.

I mentioned it before we have the most knowledge at our fingertips at any point of time in history and yet we have anti vaccination nutjobs, flat earthers.. fking trump being President untied states of America. No idea why but it seems like the more we know the more shit decision happens. Like you said false information is so much easier to spread somehow main stream media became fake news.

NRA is only in favor of protecting white peoples’ right to bear arms, as their handling of the Philando Castile murder clearly shows.

Fuck the NRA
Nah

Shut it down

I fear the USA is headed toward some serious bloodshed within the next couple of decades if we don't stop profit motivated calls to arms and fake news. If neo-nazis in Germany could get away with half the shit the Republicans do we on gaf would be calling for them to be broken up by force if necessary.

Top Bottom