• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Halo 4 GI information (Spartan OPs, multi, etc) [Update: Campaign/More Details]

koko.jpg

Dude face it, you're not going to buy it day 1. Theres changes coming, they're not gonna remove them now, the year of release. Accept it.

Its HaloGaf, we will all buy it day one and then probably play it a ton even if we know it wont be that great lol.

From the sounds of it that Game Informer stuff is outdated, I cant see things changing radically but im hoping when 343 finally get to show gameplay that they set things right.

Elginer

I want this game inside me. Now. Hope for a release date soon with an expensive 'I don't need this shit' version I can feel guilty about purchasing later. *stares at Reach statue*

VaLiancY

The only little thing that bothers me about the look of the Elites is the lack of a suit underneath the armor. I don't like looking at their scaly skin but it will probably change or grow on me.

Overdoziz

Banned
Ive tried, but all my friends buy it and its a nice change of pace from BF3 and Reach.

Actually if Halo4 delivers on that front, i might not have to buy it anymore. Two birds, one stone. ;)
Regardless, I'm still excited for Halo 4's campaign. Haven't heard a single thing that got me excited for the multiplayer, though.

Regardless, I'm still excited for Halo 4's campaign. Haven't heard a single thing that got me excited for the multiplayer, though.

Im very hopeful. I like most of what i heard and they've addressed most of the complaints ive had since Halo2. Like for one, the quitters. God damn, you just start a game now in Reach and there's quitting. Its absolutely ridiculous that its gone on for this long without being addressed.

I like how running is standard now, you are a Spartan after all. Reach really got me used to the running perk and i kinda prefer the faster pace that it brings.

I like the spartan points thing, but if its implemented well. That, IMO, is the most important part that can make or break this games longevity with the casuals, but longtime fans might actually prefer. Reachs armor and unlock progress was very dull, long and just felt pointless to me. I enjoy customizing my character, but it took so long and the fact that it was purely cosmetic just made me lose interest in the armor real fast. I also love that you can get points for other things like being a distraction, etc.. and not just kills.

Weapon drops is still too unknown to say anything other than, well see. But im open to the idea.

And the custom load-outs is a big hell yes. Now i can put my stickies right away and avoid vehicle raping and it also helps make my spartan, MY spartan.

Overall, i love Halo but i was growing tired of it and this is bringing the breath a fresh air that i needed.

The only thing that isnt mentioned is Forge. The problem i have with that in Reach is that all the maps feel the same. The fact that the time of day, weather and textures didn't change really hurt it IMO. I never knew which community map was which until the game started.

Also playlist should be by game-type. I like assault, i like king of the hill, i never ever get them. Oh and Rocket worthhog?!? What garbage.

Overall those are my issues and some were addressed. Now all i need a deeper forge and i think were set.

Edit: Oh and also, i think they should seriously consider doing away with voting in MP games but keep it for spec ops and campaign. I don't like playing the same maps over and over and over and voting just seems too complicated for society in general. Do like Gears3 and just put every map one after the other like that, we get a little variety god damn it! But the voting in competitive MP needs to go ASAP. Its a serious problem when i play Hemorrhage 3 times in a row...

Overdoziz

Banned
Im very hopeful. I like most of what i heard and they've addressed most of the complaints ive had since Halo2. Like for one, the quitters. God damn, you just start a game now in Reach and there's quitting. Its absolutely ridiculous that its gone on for this long without being addressed.

I like how running is standard now, you are a Spartan after all. Reach really got me used to the running perk and i kinda prefer the faster pace that it brings.

I like the spartan points thing, but if its implemented well. That, IMO, is the most important part that can make or break this game longevity with the casuals, but longtime fans might prefer. Reachs armor and unlock progress was very dull, long and just felt pointless to me. I enjoy customizing my character, but it took so long and the fact that it was purely cosmetic just made me lose interest in the armor real fast. I also love that you can get points for other things like being a distraction, etc.. and not just kills.

Weapon drops is still too unknown to say anything other than, well see. But im open to the idea.

And the custom load-outs is a big hell yes. Now i can put my stickies right away and avoid vehicle raping and it also helps make my spartan, MY spartan.

Overall, i love Halo but i was growing tired of it and this is bringing the breath a fresh air that i needed.

The only thing that isnt mentioned is Forge. The problem i have with that in Reach is that all the maps feel the same. The fact that the time of day, weather and textures didn't change really hurt it IMO. I never knew which community map was which until the game started.

Overall those are my issues and some were addressed. Now all i need a deeper forge and i think were set.
You see, the biggest problem I have with what we've heard so far is the loadouts. Halo for me is about beginning on an even playing-field and what happens in the match should be the only factors that should influence the outcome of the match. With Reach (and now 4) people can choose what they spawns with already influencing the match before it even starts. People will be able to get an edge in certain situations just because of what they chose at spawn, not because of something they actually did in the game. This just doesn't sit well with me. This becomes even worse with unlocks where some options aren't even available to low ranked players and who will have a disadvantage right from the start.

They could do whatever the hell they want with Halo as long as they put it on the map and make people earn them instead of letting them spawn with it. Loadouts were a feature in Reach that harmed the core Halo gameplay and 343 decided to build on top of that. It's quite baffling to say the least.

You see, the biggest problem I have with what we've heard so far is the loadouts. Halo for me is about beginning on an even playing-field and what happens in the match should be the only factors that should influence the outcome of the match. With Reach (and now 4) people can choose what they spawns with already influencing the match before it even starts. People will be able to get an edge in certain situations just because of what they chose at spawn, not because of something they actually did in the game. This just doesn't sit well with me. This becomes even worse with unlocks where some options aren't even available to low ranked players and who will have a disadvantage right from the start.

They could do whatever the hell they want with Halo as long as they put it on the map and make people earn them instead of letting them spawn with it. Loadouts were a feature in Reach that harmed the core Halo gameplay and 343 decided to build on top of that. It's quite baffling to say the least.

Ya but even playing field for what? 10 seconds? People just run to change their gun at the start anyway. When i play CTF i run get the shotgun and play defence, when im in a big map, i run get the DMR, or the guy running for the sniper etc.. people don't keep the guns they spawn with anyway, unless the gametype is set that way. So its not gonna change anything on Live really.

Ya but even playing field for what? 10 seconds? People just run to change their gun at the start anyway. When i play CTF i run get the shotgun and play defence, when im in a big map, i run get the DMR, etc.. people dont keep the guns they spawn with anyway, unless the gametype is set that way. So its not gonna change anything on Live really.

Exactly...I will never understand the even playing field argument. You still start with the same options. In addition, the (semi) random weapon spawn thing technically makes for a more even playing field, but veterans seem to hate that. Yes, I know the argument: its even at the start...

Overdoziz

Banned
Ya but even playing field for what? 10 seconds? People just run to change their gun at the start anyway. When i play CTF i run get the shotgun and play defence, when im in a big map, i run get the DMR, or the guy running for the sniper etc.. people don't keep the guns they spawn with anyway, unless the gametype is set that way. So its not gonna change anything on Live really.
But you know one guy on the other team will have that Sniper. You don't know what AA people will pick at spawn. If there was one Jetpack on each side of the map as a pick-up you would know there is going to be one guy with a Jetpack on the other team who will have to pick it up at a certain spot on the map. They have to 'earn' the power weapons and AAs/Equipment/Powerups.

Gui_PT

Exactly...I will never understand the even playing field argument. You still start with the same options.

Halo 3, everyone spawns with BR and usually at the same distance from power weapons. Even playing field

Halo Reach, you spawn with DMR and Sprint, Enemy with Shotgun and Armor Lock. Not the same conditions, one of them has the advantage. An advantage he didn't earn.

Top Bottom