• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

At this exact moment the MSI is again at $299.99, that one keeps appearing and disappearing. I honestly don't know if its a mistake or if it's just people ordering them quickly.

Coreda

Someone from a Cemu Discord channel has created a multiplayer mod for BotW. In its early stages but pretty exciting. Not sure it deserved its own thread since there's no public release yet AFAIK, though it has been verified by one the Reddit sub mods.

lTVQZ7J.jpg
tRQAZt5.jpg

Coreda

Wait? What? How?

According to the person who posted it originally it's running with two instances of Cemu open, using a model swap for the second player in each instance. Pretty resource intensive it seems.

Edit, reading some of the reddit thread a screen capture was linked of a Discord chat from in some other channel where the user who originally posted the screenshots stated, in response to the question whether they were photoshops, that it was their friends who gave them the screenshots and and didn't provide much other info. This user is one of the Cemu Discord channel mods fwiw.

Elsewhere they mention that footage can't be captured of it running due to the 'horrible' performance of running two instances of Cemu, and that it will be a few years before such a mod would be ready. We'll see. Taking it with a pinch of salt.

Not sure if this question actually belongs here but here I go. How many motion control parts does botw have? Just went to the shrine in lateno village and I will not try to complete another one of those fu##### motion control puzzles. Jesus christ, why cant these gimmicks just die out already.

Mifec

Sändersson;244387521 said:
Not sure if this question actually belongs here but here I go. How many motion control parts does botw have? Just went to the shrine in lateno village and I will not try to complete another one of those fu##### motion control puzzles. Jesus christ, why cant these gimmicks just die out already.

4, 2 of them are p bad but doable.

jediyoshi

Sändersson;244387815 said:
Are they mandatory..?

No, shrines aren't mandatory. Also, those in particular are actually easier with the mouse setup than actual motion controls. The key is to click the up/down/left/right portions of the screen and let the ball adjust rather than dragging the mouse around.

Very.

The world of Google awaits you, young one! Hurry, Go! Your excitement cannot be contained here!

If you have a PC that can handle it. I have a 7700k at 5Ghz and with CEMU 1.8.2b it runs basically flawless at 4k 30fps. The only problem I've run into is the occasional stutter and some graphical corruption after a memory plays.

No, shrines aren't mandatory. Also, those in particular are actually easier with the mouse setup than actual motion controls. The key is to click the up/down/left/right portions of the screen and let the ball adjust rather than dragging the mouse around.

Yeah I know they arent mandatory, but I was afraid the main questline would have these. Anyways thanks to the both of you.

On a side note: are there any suggested nvidia c.panel settings to get better performance? Fps is quite steady at 30 but im getting some annoying hiccups here and there.

dsk1210

Sändersson;244388808 said:
Yeah I know they arent mandatory, but I was afraid the main questline would have these. Anyways thanks to the both of you.

On a side note: are there any suggested nvidia c.panel settings to get better performance? Fps is quite steady at 30 but im getting some annoying hiccups here and there.

I have found that deleting your Zelda precompiled shaders but not the transferable shaders seems to clear up a lot of performance issues.

Also 16gb of ram is almost essential.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Did the latest release make BOTW or XCX better?

XCX just needs to have all it's cutscenes work and BOTW apparently has a huge problem area in last revision.

jediyoshi

1.8.2b released to public
http://cemu.info/index.html
http://cemu.info/changelog.html

Recompiler performance improvements
Audio improvements
Better support for softdec videos
Minor compatibility improvements
Misc smaller changes and new features​

Cemuhook updated to 0.5.3.0
https://sshnuke.net/cemuhook/

Adds code/data patching support at load-time ! Comes with sample zip containing a graphic pack that modifies BotW aspect ratio, but cheats can be done this way too​

basically the graphic pack window can be used like a cheat menu/memory modifier for things (like ultrawide mods) to be applied at launch

vAwsRq3.png

elyetis

Decided to give Xenoblade X a new try to see if more the recent Cemu build would give me a better fps this time.
The good news is it does, it pretty much keep 30 fps in a fight where I had 24-28 fps previously.
But I have some weird artifact on the edges :
in case it wouldn't be obvious :
Any idea what I might have done wrong / how I can fix it ?

Seik

Banned
Decided to give Xenoblade X a new try to see if more the recent Cemu build would give me a better fps this time.
The good news is it does, it pretty much keep 30 fps in a fight where I had 24-28 fps previously.
But I have some weird artifact on the edges :

in case it wouldn't be obvious :

Any idea what I might have done wrong / how I can fix it ?

I think that's some kind of AA filter that comes in the way, it does this for pretty much ANY Wii U game I try to run in 4K. It always gives a feeling that it's not true 4K because of that shit.

I remember posting here a while ago with the same issue on SM3DW.

EDIT: Damn, sounds like there's a solution! Is there AA removal for all games?

Thorn

elyetis

Thanks ! didn't remember needing it when I tried it the game a month ago with 1.7.1; or maybe I was too focused on the fps to care at the time.

That being said, it gives me a pretty weird result :
Maybe not compatible with 1.8.2 yet ?

edit : that was just me being stupid when I did my copy/past of 59df1c7e1806366c_00000000000003c9_ps.txt 's content

jediyoshi

Cemu 1.9.0 released to Patrons
http://cemu.info/patreon/changelog/cemu_1_9_0.txt

# Cemu detailed changelog for 1.9.0
# Patreon release date: 2017-07-26
# Public release date: 2017-08-02

general: Hide mouse cursor in fullscreen if not moving for 3 seconds
general: Fixed bug that caused keyboard hotkeys to be ignored
general: Added logging for input API

Input: New interface and profile system for controller configuration
Input: Added support for XInput

VPAD: Improved implementation of VPADControlMotor
VPAD: Improved GamePad gyro control via mouse. Control third axis with mouse wheel
VPAD: Added APIs for cross stick emulation, button repeat, sampling callback, lcd mode, touchpad calibration, zero drift mode and gyro dir revise

padscore: Added APIs for button repeat, connection and extension callback, max controllers and reading of unified status.

nn_acp: Added API ACPCreateSaveDirEx()

nn_act: First steps towards accurate account and mii handling
nn_act: Added API CreateConsoleAccount(), GetAccountIdEx(), UpdateMii(), GetDefaultAccount()

sysapp: Added preliminary support for sysapp lib (responsible for title switching)

GX2: Added experimental debug option to force full GPU<->CPU synchronization at GX2DrawDone()
GX2: Added debug option to toggle BotW crash workaround​

A nice touch, you can bind a controller button to the show gamepad button now.

Carlius

Banned
i am new to this and got zelda running fine, however, theres that thing where its double speed in dungeons. besides the ctol alt f to switch, is there a perma solution to it?

jediyoshi

i am new to this and got zelda running fine, however, theres that thing where its double speed in dungeons. besides the ctol alt f to switch, is there a perma solution to it?

Use a third party application like NVIDIA Profile Inspector or Rivatuner to cap the framerate to 30.

jediyoshi

JjXRlY0.png

Since there's official Xinput support now, does that mean that Cemu can handle simultaneous trigger presses now? Not home right now so I can't check myself.

Yes.

The release seems to be fairly buggy though, slightly tilting joysticks doesn't seem to work (registers as 100% or nothing). The right stick on the DS4 is inverted.

Coreda

1.8.2b released to public

Cemuhook updated to 0.5.3.0

Adds code/data patching support at load-time ! Comes with sample zip containing a graphic pack that modifies BotW aspect ratio, but cheats can be done this way too​

basically the graphic pack window can be used like a cheat menu/memory modifier for things (like ultrawide mods) to be applied at launch

vAwsRq3.png

This windowed mode feature is new, right? From videos I've seen previously the ultrawide mods couldn't be viewed in the correct aspect ratio when windowed. Awesome to see this.

jediyoshi

1.9.0b out for Patrons

general: Fixed mouse cursor not hiding

Input: Fixed opening input window sometimes triggering a crash
Input: Fixed z-axis swapped for DirectInput
Input: Fixed left and right axis for Pro and Classic controller
Input: Fixed left axis being mapped to dpad for Pro Controller
Input: Fixed XInput axis being incorrectly normalized​

This windowed mode feature is new, right? From videos I've seen previously the ultrawide mods couldn't be viewed in the correct aspect ratio when windowed. Awesome to see this.

I haven't seen it before, but I'm not sure if it's extra functionality from Cemuhook or further modification done to memory. I'm guessing it's the latter, though either way it's defined within the graphic pack itself.

Taggen86

I found the crashes every 10/15 min to be the biggest problem when I played the game using cemu back in May. Or you saying that this problem is fixed now?

If you have a PC that can handle it. I have a 7700k at 5Ghz and with CEMU 1.8.2b it runs basically flawless at 4k 30fps. The only problem I've run into is the occasional stutter and some graphical corruption after a memory plays.

I found the crashes every 10/15 min to be the biggest problem when I played the game using cemu back in May. Or you saying that this problem is fixed now?
The crashing in Zelda has been greatly reduced. Anecdotally, I've played several hours on 1.8.2 and haven't experienced a single one, whereas in prior version I couldn't go more than 20 minutes without a crash.

Taggen86

Thanks for the heads up. However, after downloading cemu 1.8.2, I ran into some problems.

More specifically, I cannot get past the loading screen in zelda botw anymore. If I keep the version number unchanged (0.9) it says I need to update and if I change that number to say 1.3.0, I cannot get past the loading screen. What should I do?

The crashing in Zelda has been greatly reduced. Anecdotally, I've played several hours on 1.8.2 and haven't experienced a single one, whereas in prior version I couldn't go more than 20 minutes without a crash.

jediyoshi

Cemuhook 0.5.3.1 out, compatible with 1.9.0

0.5.3.1 - Expands the code patching feature with code caves, allowing for much more complicated patches to be made. Included is a BotW pack that should workaround crashes without any weirdness (like increased blood moons or swapped textures)​

The fix is named 'BreathOfTheWild_LwzxNullCheck'. Note this isn't talking about the alternate botw fix that 1.9.0 introduced.

Thanks for the heads up. However, after downloading cemu 1.8.2, I ran into some problems.

More specifically, I cannot get past the loading screen in zelda botw anymore. If I keep the version number unchanged (0.9) it says I need to update and if I change that number to say 1.3.0, I cannot get past the loading screen. What should I do?

What do you mean change? Did you update the game?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Is there updated guide to get BOTW running properly? I can't for the life of me figure it out...the game is literally unplayable for me. I've used the cemuhook, capping framerates, and all sorts of other tweaks but yet I get constant freezes/heavy fps drops and in shrines/menu the fps goes up to 60 even though I've used rivatuner and nvidia inspector to cap at 30.

Also what's the best way to update the game? I need to update to 1.3

My pc is 6700K/16GB/1070

Nuu

Banned
How good is Breath of the Wild emulation on this now?

Specially on a GTX 980, 2500K (O.C. to 4.5GHZ), and 8GB of RAM

Neith

Banned
How good is Breath of the Wild emulation on this now?

Specially on a GTX 980, 2500K (O.C. to 4.5GHZ), and 8GB of RAM

It's good but not perfect for your setup, but it's not where you want it for a flawless experience. I am personally waiting 6 months.

Some people are willing to play this game at trash tier framerates or at least with all kinds of hiccups, texture problems, et cetera.

Nuu

Banned
It's good but not perfect for your setup, but it's not where you want it for a flawless experience. I am personally waiting 6 months.

Some people are willing to play this game at trash tier framerates or at least with all kinds of hiccups, texture problems, et cetera.

Will 60fps ever be possible with my current rig?

I'm planning on getting a Switch, but I really want to play this game with the Japanese dub and English subtitles.

EDIT - Does Breath of the Wild play okay with just a regular controller on Cemu?

Haano

We should be putting more support in the open source Wii U emulator Decaf, not these trolls who make CEMU.

Why?
Cemu is closed source, not cause they want to protect their property but because they want to control the punt of money donated to them via patreon. That's bad, because essentially it means they can curb, slow down development at their own will without us knowing.

Whereas if it was open source, more Devs would support it and more work would be done.

Also, did you know Cemu has DRM built into the exes? If you're running a patreon build it'll lock you out. In the free builds it constantly pings their server sending them information about what you're running... I thought we hated DRM? Guess not anymore.

Enough with Cemu, let's move to DECAF.

entremet

We should be putting more support in the open source Wii U emulator Decaf, not these trolls who make CEMU.

Why?
Cemu is closed source, not cause they want to protect their property but because they want to control the punt of money donated to them via patreon. That's bad, because essentially it means they can curb, slow down development at their own will without us knowing.

Whereas if it was open source, more Devs would support it and more work would be done.

Also, did you know Cemu has DRM built into the exes? If you're running a patreon build it'll lock you out. In the free builds it constantly pings their server sending them information about what you're running... I thought we hated DRM? Guess not anymore.

That's interesting. However, wouldn't it move faster if funded? Open source is great, but it's not the end all be all. Do you think CEMU will eventually become open source in time?

Nuu

Banned
That's interesting. However, wouldn't it move faster if funded? Open source is great, but it's not the end all be all. Do you think CEMU will eventually become open source in time?

I feel that there are advantages to both methods. That's why I feel like there is so much innovation in the internet, as it is a mix of both capitalistic and communistic styles of development. I wish other industries were similar.

Mifec

Why?

Yes it has DRM that locks you out of using a Patreon build if your not a patron. Nothing wrong with that. I didn't know about the telemetry or how true that is but that's not DRM.

As for DECAF once it provides playable stuff it gets my support.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Will 60fps ever be possible with my current rig?

I'm planning on getting a Switch, but I really want to play this game with the Japanese dub and English subtitles.

EDIT - Does Breath of the Wild play okay with just a regular controller on Cemu?

the game won't run properly at 60fps. i'm getting 60fps in shrines and it makes everything run faster. so it's unplayable at 60fps and needs to be locked to 30fps.

i use a 360 controller and it's fine. the only bother you'll have is with gyro shrines i think but i think they are working on letting you use the mouse for those in a future update. fortunately there aren't a lot of gyro shrines so you can easily skip them for now.

Top Bottom