• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

How do you remove the username off all the people you see? I wanna take a pick of my guy so I can display his steez
Scroll lock is the default key to hide the HUD iirc.

Xelphatol's dungeon preview makes me wonder if we'll see another variant of the Garuda fight, judging by their description it seems the Ixal are gearing up to resummon her.

Wilsongt

Xelphatol's dungeon preview makes me wonder if we'll see another variant of the Garuda fight, judging by their description it seems the Ixal are gearing up to resummon her.

Garuda Savage. Nothing but Spiny plumes.

ebil

Yeah, I've been really curious about that plot point in the summary. The best thing is that Heavensward is done now, so I'm looking forward to seeing the direction in which they will take the story!

Squishy3

Yeah, I've been really curious about that plot point in the summary. The best thing is that Heavensward is done now, so I'm looking forward to seeing the direction in which they will take the story!
It's not without precedent, since Sohr Khai has the remixed Mog fight.

ebil

It's not without precedent, since Sohr Khai has the remixed Mog fight.
I mentioned that I was curious about the plot, not the boss of the dungeon itself. If the Ixali are going
to be summoning Garuda again, there's almost certainly something that will happen with the primals, especially since Koji Fox mentioned we'd soon be learning more about Ramuh a few months ago.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Photo mode in 3.4.

jp20160908_iw_01.png
jp20160908_iw_06.png

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001598.html

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So i got all my melee classes to 15. Now onto the casters.
Also got the dark knight and astrologian class. I mess around with them a bit and have no idea what to do with them.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I recently got back into FFXIV and I'm making my way through Heavensward, which is phenomenal so far.

I also transferred over to Rangarok, so I won't be rejoining Gather Against Fate. Does anyone else here play on Ragnarok? Would love a recommendation for a Free Company. I never get super deep into end game stuff so my priority is a very friendly group who are willing to help out on odd jobs and hunts and such.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I recently got back into FFXIV and I'm making my way through Heavensward, which is phenomenal so far.

I also transferred over to Rangarok, so I won't be rejoining Gather Against Fate. Does anyone else here play on Ragnarok? Would love a recommendation for a Free Company. I never get super deep into end game stuff so my priority is a very friendly group who are willing to help out on odd jobs and hunts and such.

I do! My fiancée and I play on ragnarok ^_^ I play since 2010 and she since ARR. you can send me a PM if you want to add us

Super late to the party and stuff (new OT smell), but why on earth would they have Tidus' outfit available as a gear set? His is only among the worst ensembles any FF character has ever worn. Should have made it Auron instead.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I'm finally back in Eorzea again! After letting my subscription lapse back in January 15 it's time to catch up again in order to prepare for the 4.4 patch.My only real goal for now is to complete the Heavensward Bard Relic Weapon before the next Expansion 4.0 comes out roughly 6 months from now (assuming we are getting a 3.5 update).

Super late to the party and stuff (new OT smell), but why on earth would they have Tidus' outfit available as a gear set? His is only among the worst ensembles any FF character has ever worn. Should have made it Auron instead.

Simply put because he has MC status regardless of the general opinion people have of Tidus.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I do! My fiancée and I play on ragnarok ^_^ I play since 2010 and she since ARR. you can send me a PM if you want to add us
Thanks, that would be great! My character's name is Vivi Quan. If anyone else is on Ragnarok, feel free to add me as well.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Oh, just found out about the free trial. This is going to be my first MMO... anything I need to know before jumping in?

Leunam

I never saw him really as the main character. He serves to get the party together, but once everyone is together, Tidus really doesn't do much.

Tidus motivates the entire group to break generations old tradition and religious rituals in the name of love, the second half of the game doesn't happen without him. :D

I spent so much time grinding legendary yokai medals, i got 7 for all the yokais assuming that would be all that was required cause i mean, they have a pretty shitty droprate to begin with. So i finally return to the gold saucer expecting to get all the the glowing mount... only the first weapon is 7.... fucking NOPE!! Not even the first two like how getting the minons themselves are. Im pretty pissed, i wasted like a whole week on grinding them legendary metals

I spent so much time grinding legendary yokai medals, i got 7 for all the yokais assuming that would be all that was required cause i mean, they have a pretty shitty droprate to begin with. So i finally return to the gold saucer expecting to get all the the glowing mount... only the first weapon is 7.... fucking NOPE!! Not even the first two like how getting the minons themselves are. Im pretty pissed, i wasted like a whole week on grinding them legendary metals

Yeah, I kept going because apparently I like torturing myself, but I did get a glowy ghost mount with a cat on it from a game I never played, so that's worth it.

Yeah, I kept going because apparently I like torturing myself, but I did get a glowy ghost mount with a cat on it from a game I never played, so that's worth it.
Im legit pissed man, the drop rate for the medals is soooo shitty and you're telling me it increases for each one i redeem!? No wonder i dont see many people with thr glowing mount, fuck it man, i dont want it no more.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I joined the Cactur server and I'm a level 4 gladiator. Time to making some money so I can buy a different outfit.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I joined the Cactur server and I'm a level 4 gladiator. Time to making some money so I can buy a different outfit.

every 5 levels you get a guild quest for your class and they give a a better weapon and bonus item to boot. The main story quests will also give you items sometimes

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Im legit pissed man, the drop rate for the medals is soooo shitty and you're telling me it increases for each one i redeem!? No wonder i dont see many people with thr glowing mount, fuck it man, i dont want it no more.
Yeah it's crazy, you need 222 legendary medals for the second mount. Took me some 700+ fates to get them all cause of the crummy drop rate.

I read somewhere that it was the Level 5 CEO who wanted to make the mount a grind to get lol

Do you have friends on Cactur? If not, start over on Ultros! You can join the GAF Free Company (guild) and I can give you some starting gil!

smashism

Do you have friends on Cactur? If not, start over on Ultros! You can join the GAF Free Company (guild) and I can give you some starting gil!

is it easy to play late at night on Ultros? I tend to be on from like 11pm-4am. I'm pretty much still leaning towards tonberry so I have grouping options with oceanic folk.

Ken

is it easy to play late at night on Ultros? I tend to be on from like 11pm-4am. I'm pretty much still leaning towards tonberry so I have grouping options with oceanic folk.

no it's dead

the only pro to playing late at night on ultros is when there's open world content like hunts so you have less people to compete with

The last 3 weapons cost 30 medals each

Level 5 can take that mount and shove it

Apoptomon

As someone who often plays on Ultros at US night / EU morning / JP primetime, yeah the server is heaps quiet at that time: no party finders (or 2, tops), pretty empty towns, maybe 5-10 GAF FC people online either (semi) AFK or minding their own business... Duty Finder queues will vary a lot depending on the content in question - from 'reasonable' (0-30 min as DPS) to 'not worth it' (60 min or more).
Also, most maintenance is timed to end roughly 9am GMT which will not help.
Weekends are a bit more active than weekdays, though, and new seasonal events can attract a crowd even at those hours.

I realise I'm not selling this timeslot at all, haha. I swear it used to be less dead earlier in the game's life e.g. before EU servers existed.

Oh and yeah, you can forget about open world content (world boss FATEs, A- or S- rank hunts). Those spawns are pretty much wasted on those hours.

All that being said though, its an alright server. Just not optimal at those times.

aceface

Ultros used to be so much more active sadly

Ultros is still plenty active during North America primetime....which is the way it always was. Idyllshire has plenty of people, Limsa around the aetherite and hawker's alley is full of people. There's 8-10 pf's up every night. I had no trouble finding people to fill in for my raid group over the last few weeks, and that's outside of the wonderful gaf regulars who always help. I've said it before, GAF FC is dying but Ultros as a server, while it's never going to be a Balmung or a Gilgamesh, is fine. Someone linked this data on reddit recently, and while Gilgamesh and Balmung have a huge lead in terms of active players, Ultros is in the second tier of servers that have between 3500-4000 active players. It has never felt empty to me.

Anyways, didn't you leave Ultros months ago? If someone's on the server and they are not happy then fine but don't be shitting all over it from Balmung or whatever if you haven't been on here.

Ultros is still plenty active during North America primetime....which is the way it always was. Idyllshire has plenty of people, Limsa around the aetherite and hawker's alley is full of people. There's 8-10 pf's up every night. I had no trouble finding people to fill in for my raid group over the last few weeks, and that's outside of the wonderful gaf regulars who always help. I've said it before, GAF FC is dying but Ultros as a server, while it's never going to be a Balmung or a Gilgamesh, is fine.

Anyways, didn't you leave Ultros months ago? If someone's on the server and they are not happy then fine but don't be shitting all over it from Balmung or whatever if you haven't been on here.

This is pretty much my experience. I think most servers have a prime time due to time zones and all that. Sometimes you don't see people around for fates but I don't think that's indicative of a server being dead.

I think people have been repeating the "Ultros" is dead" joke so much that they actually believe it now.

Celcius

°Temp. member

I was going to join Ultros, but the server was completely full and it wouldn't let me join. :(
Same for Gilgamesh and Balmung. Actually, only a few servers were free...
Thanks though. No friends at the moment so I've been playing solo so far. I tried to talk to someone but I don't think the free trial allows me to haha.

That main menu music though, the feels! :)

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Ultros used to be so much more active sadly
I was going to join Ultros, but the server was completely full and it wouldn't let me join. :(
Thanks though. No friends at the moment so I've been playing solo so far. I tried to talk to someone but I don't think the free trial allows me to haha.

You can all join me and two other gaffers on ragnarok ❤️

Thorgal

you have to try outside of prime time ( midnight durinf the week or early morning .

Celcius

°Temp. member
I just tried creating a new character and this time I was able to join Ultros! I'm a lancer this time. The first thing I plan to do is get back to the same progress point I was at yesterday. Also, I was able to get some better gear just through completing quests. Eventually I couldn't figure out how to advance the plot so just started doing random quests haha. I think I made it to level 8 before.

Ultros is still plenty active during North America primetime....which is the way it always was. Idyllshire has plenty of people, Limsa around the aetherite and hawker's alley is full of people. There's 8-10 pf's up every night. I had no trouble finding people to fill in for my raid group over the last few weeks, and that's outside of the wonderful gaf regulars who always help. I've said it before, GAF FC is dying but Ultros as a server, while it's never going to be a Balmung or a Gilgamesh, is fine. Someone linked this data on reddit recently, and while Gilgamesh and Balmung have a huge lead in terms of active players, Ultros is in the second tier of servers that have between 3500-4000 active players. It has never felt empty to me.

I'm just reminiscing when Ultros used to be super active, I only left the server because Ultros became a lot more dead during the daytime when I used to be able to play. I can't say anything about US primetime on Ultros since I didn't really get to experience it a lot.

As far as servers go I play in goblin and its pretty quiet from my experience. the other day i saw ppl yokai medal hunting and it was legit the most ppl ive seen actually playing and not afk (it was like 5 or 6 of em

The last 3 weapons cost 30 medals each

Level 5 can take that mount and shove it

exactly my feeling.

aceface

I'm just reminiscing when Ultros used to be super active, I only left the server because Ultros became a lot more dead during the daytime when I used to be able to play. I can't say anything about US primetime on Ultros since I didn't really get to experience it a lot.

So what the first 4 months after ARR's release in 2013? Ultros has always been pretty dead in the daytime for as long as I can remember. It's a nighttime/prime time in NA server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom