• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV - Abigail Reveal Trailer

Approximate size comparison....

1WIoNx9.png

ORrQNFS.png

QtoJtPP.png

Ooh. That comparison makes Abigail look bad. It doesnt make sense that his body is so much bigger than his opponents, yet his head is much smaller.
Im still looking forward to seeing him though. He is a real freak show.

Scotia

Banned
Remy's problem is that he just feels like he was thrown into Street Fighter without any rhyme or reason. I feel that if Capcom put more thought into him other than 'we need another character for Third Strike' he'd be better received.

Oh, please. Necro and Twelve are routinely criticized for having awful designs. They haven't appeared since Third Strike and are among the least requested characters to return.

Twelve might be, but I've seen quite a few requests for Necro in loads of different places.

Ryce

Oh god, it's like bashing your head against concrete. Oddballs aren't the problem, the design is. Blanka, Necro, Twelve, Q, they all look fantastic. Then you look at SFV, from Feng to Abigail, just terrible design work.
Oh, please. Necro and Twelve are routinely criticized for having awful designs. They haven't appeared since Third Strike and are among the least requested characters to return.

Lulubop

You always have to past your opinion as fact, shit is annoying. Here the fact tho, A lot of people hate Remy and he'll never be back in the series. He isn't a cool character like Q that even though he was low tier, has a lot of fans.

fresquito

Speaking of bad SF designs, Hakan will always "win". I'm still not sure what he even is
What? Hakan is excellent design. He is super iconic, unique and has fantastic cultural roots.

I'm tired of people that have zero artistic knowledge calling bad design anything they don't like.

Scotia

Banned
You always have to past your opinion as fact, shit is annoying. Here the fact tho, A lot of people hate Remy and he'll never be back in the series. He isn't a cool character like Q that even though he was low tier, has a lot of fans.

Do you mean me?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Making brand new, memorable characters that don't already come from insanely popular anime or other fighting games?

I mean, releasing Trunks or putting Geese in Tekken is low hanging, safe fruit. Abigail was a risky new design, and I'm glad Capcom has the guts to experiment.
those fucking cowards at ASW should be designing their own characters for the DBZ game

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

I loved Remy. Best/most versatile charge character ever. Hell, I even liked Twelve. But I know I'm in the minority on both.

Village

You always have to past your opinion as fact, shit is annoying.
I didn't do that, but if you felt that I did , sorry. Could have been communicated better

Here the fact tho, A lot of people hate Remy and he'll never be back in the series. .
That's not a fact, you litterally don't know. And its espically not a fact, because birdie and R.Mika are in a goddamned game. And I was sure as HELL they weren't ever coming back. And I know sure as hell no one was asking for abigail... but look who we got
Capcom seems to make their descions on what would be most interesting to play, and if that ever is remy, then it will be remy.

So not a fact, just sass.

He isn't a cool character like Q that even though he was low tier, has a lot of fans.

That's just like your opinion man.

Also not a fact

There's some support for all of the characters that haven't been seen in a while, but both Necro and Twelve ranked among the 10 least popular Street Fighter characters in 2013.

Japan isn't fond of viper

that blows.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Not really. Dimps have done an amazing job with character models, gameplay and animations in Xenoverse 1 and 2.

Xenoverse is cool and all *I own 2 and it's dlc* but it's no where near the levels of dbf just because it's literally using the manga/anime for almost every little thing the characters do. The XV games at most just really have all the tons of special attacks down and the movement

sinkfla87

What? Hakan is excellent design. He is super iconic, unique and has fantastic cultural roots.

I'm tired of people that have zero artistic knowledge calling bad design anything they don't like.

Bad argument. Good design would mean that the character is visually appealing, unique and potentially iconic in appearance. Clearly the general audience is divided on this one. Suggesting that people who don't agree with you have "zero artistic knowledge" is a pretentious and weak defense. You don't have to be an artist to identify bad art. With that said, I don't know why people are still pointing out how tiny his head is when it's obviously a deliberate design choice.

Lulubop

Mika was coming back, she's Ono's favorite a long with Cammy. He wanted her in 4, and that's a fact. He also likes the Alpha series a lot, and it's obvious he's not a fan of 3s. It's not that surprising. Remy has no fans, and plenty of people who don't like him. In addition he suffers from being a 3s character, and no he's in no way anywhere near as popular as Q. I'll bet money you'll see Q in this before Remy, hell I'll bet money you won't see Remy in 5.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Yes, comparing Abigail and Trunks is silly, isn't it?

Completely different circumstances and games.

Glad you got my point.
eh, they are both character reveals. no one will give capcom extra credit because their design is an original character do not steal. if people don't like it then they don't like it. people are excited about Trunks because they like the character, sure, but it's not like capcom is incapable of designing an original character that people like is it?

Village

Mika was coming back, she's Ono's favorite a long with Cammy. He wanted her in 4, and that's a fact. He also likes the Alpha series a lot, and it's obvious he's not a fan of 3s..
Has he directly he stated he doesn't like 3rd strike, or are you just making assumptions. Along with that though, like I said, I was sure as hell didn't think she was coming back, but the producer took an interest in the character. Like Urien and Alex in 5, so if they ever take an interest in remy , then it will be remy.

It's not that surprising. Remy has no fans, and plenty of people who don't like him. In addition he suffers from being a 3s character, and no he's in no way anywhere near as popular as Q. I'll bet money you'll see Q in this before Remy, hell I'll bet money you won't see Remy in 5.
That's cool, that you think that man. Until sf5 is done updating, we will see.

Until then this is all just sass

synce

They could've actually been creative with this type of character, but instead we get someone no one asked for, and he just looks bad, plain and simple.

LakeEarth

I'm a fan of how Remy fought (and his stage music), but not really a big fan of the character himself. His plotline is that he's a fighter who hates fighters and goes around fighting them. Oh, and he also has a frozen sister, for some reason.

To paraphrase his conversation against his rival Alex in 3rd Strike:
Remy: "Hey you!"
Alex: "What?"
Remy: "You're a fighter?"
Alex: "Yeah."
Remy: "I hate fighters!"
Alex : "...okay?"
Remy: "Let's fight!"
Announcer: I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!!!

Ryce

Birdie's below both of them in all of those polls and he's in Street Fighter V. Not saying Twelve and Necro are guaranteed to get in, but nothing's impossible.
I'm not saying unpopular characters can't be in SFV (that obviously isn't true). My point is that Necro and Twelve are examples of unpopular character designs from old Street Fighter games, but certain members are acting like every single character was beloved up until the SFIV/SFV era.

Scotia

Banned
I'm not saying unpopular characters can't be in SFV (that obviously isn't true). My point is that Necro and Twelve are examples of unpopular character designs from old Street Fighter games, but certain members are acting like every single character was beloved up until the SFIV/SFV era.

Ah, I didn't catch that part. I agree with you then. Sorry for the confusion.

Village

I'm a fan of how Remy fought (and his stage music), but not really a big fan of the character himself. His plotline is that he's a fighter who hates fighters and goes around fighting them. Oh, and he also has a frozen sister, for some reason.

There's a reason, and its " he's a bishonen male character and potential female fans need to show him being affectionate towards someone to make him seem gentle"

Remy is a very... calculated character design, and the calculations were " girls"

Pompadour

Mika was coming back, she's Ono's favorite a long with Cammy. He wanted her in 4, and that's a fact. He also likes the Alpha series a lot, and it's obvious he's not a fan of 3s. It's not that surprising. Remy has no fans, and plenty of people who don't like him. In addition he suffers from being a 3s character, and no he's in no way anywhere near as popular as Q. I'll bet money you'll see Q in this before Remy, hell I'll bet money you won't see Remy in 5.

I haven't heard anything about him not liking 3S. That would be kind of odd as he did work on that game.

Lulubop

I haven't heard anything about him not liking 3S. That would be kind of odd as he did work on that game.

That's fair, I just feel like 3s got the shaft here. Ono and his team specifically added the Alpha characters who missed 4, Sodom aside. I felt like no Alex at launch was such a glaring omission.

DR2K

Banned

Is there anything really special about a character with a lot of muscles and bad proportions? That's been a reoccurring theme with Capcom since SFIV. This is just an even bigger parody if that.

Xater

Between Marvel and now this guy it looks like Capcom has lost all their good artists. Abigail is bad design in execution. When he smiled I thought only thought "What the fuck is wrong with his mouth? Is his jaw trying to escape?"

People that equate this guy tonRufus are crazy. Rufus is god tier design compared to this abomination.

Top Bottom