• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WAPO: Manafort offered to give Russians ‘private briefings’ on 2016 campaign

jelly

Everyone involved with Trump is so freaking clumsy and dumb. At every step of the way. It’s genuinely difficult to find a clever or competent person in his inner circle and impossible to find even one ethical person. Not a single one.

I can only think they didn't imagine winning, were just in it for a quick buck, connections and if they did win, they would rule like kings and place their pawns throughout government for full control.

Yeah, I don't know either. It's a pretty bad sign for your case when you feel like leaking an admission of guilt is a good idea.

Might indicate that Manafort has already flipped and isn't worried about his legal outcome, I guess?

edit: Looks like your edit went to the same place my mind did.

We did edit at the same time. I edited in my "EDIT" lol

Flipping is the only thing that makes sense. Maybe Laywer GAF might have a better understanding of tactics.

Maximus.

Manafort has got to be the single dumbest human being on the face of the Earth. I mean, in what fucking universe do you say something like that in an e-mail? At least do it over the phone so there's potentially no records to be dug up.

A lot of people don’t understand technology.

more stuff about manafort

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/20/paul-manafort-trump-campaign-email-ukrainian-operative-242949

Former Donald Trump aide Paul Manafort used his presidential campaign email account to correspond with a Ukrainian political operative with suspected Russian ties, according to people familiar with the correspondence.

Manafort sent emails to seek repayment for previous work he did in Ukraine and to discuss potential new opportunities in the country, even as he chaired Trump’s presidential campaign, these people said

Getting involved in Trump's campaign was the worst decision Manafort could have made. He could have just kept on getting money from European dictators and no one would've cared.

Forget Manafort. Consider how much of a complete moron Trump is. He gets his money from Russian money laundering and other connections via Russia, and he hires Manafort to be campaign manager? A guy who makes his living promoting Russian interests? Why, because he lives nearby in his building? It's almost impossible stupidity.

androvsky

Okay, I'm getting the feeling someone's just baiting Trump for either a pardon or to try to fire Mueller. The question now is who at the White House is wearing the microphone that Trump's yelling into right now. My money's on Kelly if those pics of him at the U.N. weren't too out of context.

Actually I think this is to get Manafort to flip. They are cutting him off from everything by making him toxic to be around. No one wants to be around someone who the Feds could nab at any moment. Pressure is on for Manafort, now Mueller just needs time.

rambis

Banned
I'm already convinced Trump knew, I just find no joy in Manafort getting fucked if he takes the fall for everyone.
There is some joy because manafort is an cartoonishly evil person, private and public.
But as others have said they are squeezing till he squeaks. But they have other lines of investigation and people as well.

Chittagong

Gold Member
stringer-criminalfuckingconspiracy.gif

theWB27

I feel like six months ago this tthread would've been thirty pages long by now. We're all so very tired.

Think allot of it has to do with not having nearly as many nothing will happen posts. We're just at a point where we watch it play out.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Eleven years.

How far does that investigation go back again?

tenor.gif

11 years you say?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/19/politics/mueller-manafort-pressure-decade-investigation/index.html

Exclusive: Mueller team's focus on Manafort spans 11 years

Washington (CNN)Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team is reaching back more than a decade in its investigation of Paul Manafort, a sign of the pressure Mueller is placing on President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman.

The FBI's warrant for a July search of Manafort's Alexandria, Virginia, home said the investigation centered on possible crimes committed as far back as January 2006, according to a source briefed on the investigation.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The biggest idiots! The best idiots!

Manafort, Flynn and probably Page are in deep shit. And Donald Jr and Kushner to an extent. Its clear they were all in on it.

And there may or may not be evidence pointing directly at Trump for collusion but he's built his own OOJ case thats looking more and more solid.

Ivanka is done, too, for different reasons than Jared

Zubz

Banned
I would like to think this would happen for certain, but the GOP has been shown time and time again, to be spineless fucks that put their party over country, EVERY DAMN TIME.

They'd have even less ground to run on, though. People would absolutely be on them for that.

Top Bottom