• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you've purchased, but haven't had the urge to play

g11

Oh Jesus, the list is long and shameful.

Owned For <6 Months
Undertale
The Surge
Mafia 3
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Dragon Quest Builders
Knack II (technically I got it free with that PSN glitch)
Yakuza: Kiwami (waiting to play 0 first once it goes on sale)

Owned For 6-12 Months
Doom (2016)
Gravity Rush 2
Titanfall 2
Divinity: Original Sin
Watch Dogs 2
Hitman
Final Fantasy XV
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Owned for 12-24 Months
Mad Max
Uncharted 4
Just Cause 3
AC: Syndicate

Owned for 24+ Months
DmC
Dishonored Remastered
The Evil Within
Alien Isolation
Metro Redux
Dragon Age: Inquisition
AC: Freedom Cry
AC: Unity
Outlast

That's excluding PS+ stuff and a decent number of indie titles. At least now I know where all my money went.

Dishonored 2

I have no idea why I bought it. it's the kind of game that I would absolutely love to play, but I really do hate everything about the style and its steampunk world.

FHIZ

Divinity Original Sin 2. I see the appeal and how deep it is, but I booted it up and after a bit just felt overwhelmed.

Ravelle

Bayonetta 2 is still in wrapping I believe.
Zero Dawn, I loved what I played but other games that were finishable came up and going back to it now now, like most open world games is too overwhelming. I'll probably come back next year when this insane year of good video games is over.
I also still have the first Gravity Rush and Dishonored Definitive edition for PS4 I haven't played.

Also Mafia III, I had such a great time with it but when you have to drive everywhere and shakedown hotels or whatever they were, my motivation faded.

I find it crazy that I have 1 game on my list and some people have like 30+.

I'm not sure if I'm just extremely picky with what I buy (Typically only buy something I 100% for sure know I'm gonna play as soon as I get it and finish it) or people just have too much money and not enough time.

Or both

Alien Isolation
The Evil Within
Mad Max
The Talos Principle
Tides of Numenera
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered

And that's a partial list. Most of these I bought at a deep discount but some (Tides and Valkyria) I bought on release and still have them in their wrap. Mostly because I tend to play through one "large" game at a time-- or one RPG & one FPS concurrently-- while chipping away at smaller titles -> good smaller titles keep popping up, eating into my time with the larger games, slowing everything else down, etc.. Not to mention games I want to revisit to 100%

I recently platted Horizon:ZD and now am playing through Knack 2, Thumper, and Night Trap before breaking the seal on DQXI and booting up an FPS like Wolfenstein.

Shit takes time, mang.

Edit: Plus I've got a Vita, so time (mostly on commutes) goes into playing that.

Ernest

Banned
This thread go me to thinking... could you imagine if we never bought the games that we never played?

Game sales would be cut nearly in half! The videogame industry would collapse!

killatopak

Gold Member
Games I've played for a while but dropped because of one reason or the other. Far Cry 4, Wolfenstein double pack, and Metro Redux.

I plan to play through them after I got nothing else to do.

Maybe after I finish Yakuza Kiwami, 4th playthrough of SRWV and Platinum R&C 2016.

I think the reason for me dropping them is FPS fatigue. I've been playing FPS for quite a while and playing another one just makes me tired. I need a palette cleaner.

Bakercat

I bought Final Fantasy XV for $15 when Amazon had it for $35 plus that Groupon discount that was going on. That was back in February I think and I still haven't played it. It's not that I don't want too, but instead I always heard that Square was gonna add new stuff to the game over time and I don't wanna play without seeing it. I don't usually replay games unless I really like it, so I don't wanna miss out on stuff. I also haven't played many games this year, so it's on my backlog for now.

Sonic mani, great by all accounts, but i got stuck on oil ocean then other games came out like mario rabbids and i havent been back since. The problem is whenever an rpg comes out like the witcher or fallout 4 or ffxv ill play it for months on end and not touch anything else

Currently the two big ones are Horizon Zero Dawn and Persona 5. I keep putting them off even though Horizon seems interesting and I love Persona, but kept playing other things instead. With Persona its just because it is such a huge commitment and I always get stressed with how to spend my time.

Izuna

Banned
Everything

I think gaming isn't a common hobby anymore since this year. Apart from Nioh it's been... The last thing I do.

pablito

About a hundred + games on my steam lol.

Biggest ones though are

Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall. I'm itching for a cyberpunk rpg and I have 3 of them I'm ignoring.

PUBG - My 3 best friends are playing it. They got me to buy it. I have played one session with them and it was good, but it's just not my type of game and I'll probably never play it again.

Stalker SoC and CoP. Heard great things and they sound up my alley but never played a second of them.

About 90% of the games I buy lol. I always end up playing F2P shit like Neverwinter on my PC or playing Zelda or Mario Kart on my Switch.

Still need to play Metroid, ugh.

Gartooth

I got Witcher 3, Gears of War 4, and TitanFall 2 last year and have only played an hour of Witcher 3. I was hoping to at least get through the campaigns if I decide to trade them in, but it might be better if I just do them now...

I guess I have Horizon too, but I'm specifically blocking off my gaming time before Odyssey (and after I finish Samus Returns) to get through it.

DrownDown

Neo Member
Same here OP.

LOVED Gravity Rush on the Vita and was stoked on the release of GR2. Played the tutorial sections and haven't touched it since.

I may have enjoyed the first so much because it was a new type of experience for a handheld system. That's not to say GR2 is bad, but it might play a part in why I'm not so invested in the consoole release.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
basically 85 percent of my game library at this point.

I bought too many games over the years. I can probably never buy a game again ever and still have enough to play until the end of my days.

mas8705

Quite a few good number of them. Even the "Games with Gold" just get DL'd and just linger in the system until I suddenly remember that I got it.

jacobs34

Just downloaded Shadow of Mordor for the third or fourth time since I first bought in on PS4. I would like to beat it before the sequel drops, but if I can't make any progress this time I may just be a hard pass on the series.

Creepy

Persona 5.

I've had it since before it released, just can't get motivated to start it.

I loved Persona 4 so much that I just can't find it in me to care about 5.

tootie923

Zelda: BoTW came out at a bad time when I decided to finally finish The Witcher 3. Then I got around to Mass Effect: Andromeda. Then Destiny 2 came along. I'm saving my last D2 character for the HDR patch. It feels about the right time to finally play Zelda.

_PM

Metroid: Samus Returns. I bought it early (collector's edition + amiibos and all that) to support the franchise, but I really think I won't play it until later this year. Other games in a similar situation:

Fire Emblem Echoes
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Kid Icarus Uprising

I'm still playing Fire Emblem Fates, currently on Birthright and I want to play the 3 campaigns so I'll take my time.

Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2. Yeah, I think I'll just wait for the PS4 version. I still need to play Trails in the Sky the 3rd.

Eblo

I grabbed a copy of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy for $20 because hey why not, but I haven't touched it yet. So many September and October releases are sandwiched together.

I bought Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada back when it came out in May or June but just have not had the time to get to it due to other games. I will eventually like all musou games.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Definitely the new mass effect. Once they said they were not doing more to actually complete the story I was totally out. Haven't played it since. Literally to the day.

I kind of trudging along Yakuza: Kiwami.

It hasn't pulled me in like Zero did but it's still a solid game.

I just don't care to play it as much :/

zoodoo

Witcher 3

Because I have'nt played the first 2. I know I will never play 1 cause I dont play on pc and it seems very dated. I have 2 on 360 though and have'nt played it yet.

Top Bottom