• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deep Down is Free to play, beta near PS4 Japan launch

N30RYU

Let's hope for not paywalls and just early unlocks...

Looks like we'll have to pay for new artifacts to come to our home (unlock dungeons) tho

Vire

Have no clue honestly. Not much has been revealed to us.

DCUO was pretty well handled F2P, and I've heard the same with Planetside 2.

If Capcom has too much freedom, we're fucked for sure.

Planetside 2 was actually awful in terms of that.

So much grinding.

I didn't play DCUO so I can't comment on that. Only good F2P game I've seen has been DOTA 2.

MightyKAC

Sweet!!

More stuff to play on my PS4.

Bonus points for it being free to play.

Not sure where all this anti F2P sentiment is coming from though. As long as it's well executed and doesn't screw over the consumers I'm game.

Have no clue honestly. Not much has been revealed to us.

DCUO was pretty well handled F2P, and I've heard the same with Planetside 2.

If Capcom has too much freedom, we're fucked for sure.

should just sell cosmetic gears tbh. anything to boost your stats and such is meh.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Great news. Am really intrigued by the game but didn't want to drop $60 on an online only title. Hopefully the transactions aren't too dickish.

F2P can be a good model. It can also be done really poorly.

Capcom? I always think of this:

img_04823lebk.png

I'm not very optimistic, but on the other hand I'll never buy an online only title (in Australia they are always dead in a week). So F2P always online at least makes me interested in the game again.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Being F2P doesn't disqualify a retail release - PSO2 and Samurai & Dragons for Vita are both F2P but have retail releases.
That kind of thing isn't out of the question, but it removes the reliance on retail and I'm sure that isn't their main source of revenue.

What the hell is Sony thinking. They spend all this time and money developing an engine with Capcom and they waste it on a free-to-play title that will probably only last a year at best.

wonder how they'll make this work. since the game reminds me of rogue like dungeon crawler like grimlock, the best possible outcome is probably just sell you on survival item inside dungeon?

like this game Adventure Labyrinth for PSMobile, people in vita thread actually really like this game.
maxresdefault.jpg

My only complaint so far is that the environment I looked at didn't look very varied. I'm not a big fan of randomized layouts.

Also note that this is actually a Sony/Capcom f2p title.

Let's speculate on horrific ways this could go wrong:

Your gear degrades like Elder Scrolls and Dark Souls, but it costs real money to repair it.

Tabris

I am fine with F2P when it's either episodic or more of a "play X mode and then buy parts or entire game outright".

I am not fine with F2P when it's micro transactional to get a better gameplay experience

Won't know how to feel about this until the monetization model is detailed. But lol at Capcom building hype for this game, showing it being played livestreamed, and waits until later to mention "one more thing" that can possibly be seen in a negative light.

SnakeEyez

Im fine with F2P models (as long as they're done right) but it just seems that the gameplay is looking very bland that their only hope was a F2P model with possible microtransactions. I mean, the camera is terrible (way to close) and the combat seems very sub par. I expected a demon's/dark souls type of combat but it seems it's just "aim spear/weapon attack"....I was so hyped about this one *sigh*

Quasar

Sweet!!

More stuff to play on my PS4.

Bonus points for it being free to play.

Not sure where all this anti F2P sentiment is coming from though. As long as it's well executed and doesn't screw over the consumers I'm game.

Thats pretty much my feeling, but I'm very much a grazer when it comes to online games so I can happily play these things for a bit before moving on. Just like I do with all the MMOs that are f2p.

$h@d0w

This is actually pretty unprecedented.

It's an online game which is the home console's flagship title (for Japan) and there are literally no barriers to play it, other than the hardware cost.

F2P can encompass so many thing, go in so many directions. I just don't get why anyone would dismiss something based solely on that one fact. Killer Instinct is a great example of how F2P can be used to benefit the customer. Completely different type of game, yes, but I'd say just be open to it until we at least see where they will go with it.

Yeah, it's capcom. I'll still wait and see.

wonder how they'll make this work. since the game reminds me of rogue like dungeon crawler like grimlock, the best possible outcome is probably just sell you on survival item inside dungeon?

like this game Adventure Labyrinth for PSMobile, people in vita thread actually really like this game.
maxresdefault.jpg

is that a touch screen d-pad on a Vita? Why in the fuck?

Well this is dead i the water for me. Capcom ad Free-to-Play?

This will not end well...

Also why so many free-to-play games for next-gen?

ironcreed

Banned
Just make a content-packed game, sell it to me whole and then maybe give me some meaningful DLC down the line. There would be nothing worse than to be playing through something that could be so epic, only to have it stripped down and sold to you in bits and pieces in order to pay to win and feel like you are getting something. I want to buy the game, play it and be left alone. This is a model conceived by a bunch of fucking suits who want to chop up and turn entire games into DLC that they can milk to no end. Gorgeous looking game, but no thanks.

maxresdefault.jpg

What is this game? Is it F2P? Is it available on EU PS Store?

Top Bottom