• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 hype level check!

My hype for E3 this year is DMC5/10.

It's 10/10 if the game is there....0/10 if it's not there.

So god damn all in on DMC5. I have waited too long.
Had a feeling that I would see you here lol

Anyway, that's basically it for me as well. I have other games that I'm looking forward to, but most of them are either to small for E3 (Japanese stuff like Trails of Cold Steel 3 and such) or too big to miss E3. So outside of DMC5, I don't really have anything else that I'm particularly hyped about.

Jingo

We need to see inovation, something on the levels of Horizon zero dawn, i dont want conferences full of call of duty and battlefront announcements, give something to look forward.

Kyoufu

We need to see inovation, something on the levels of Horizon zero dawn, i dont want conferences full of call of duty and battlefront announcements, give something to look forward.

I'm sure there'll be something for everyone. E3 has never been about one kind of thing in particular.

MrS

Banned
Looking forward to seeing more of Matterfall and Days Gone. Hope a release date for Nex Machina is put out too. Yeah I'm a bit hyped. A Bloodborne 2 announcement would slay.

Mega

Banned
Hyped for the Switch. I'm expecting at least two big announcements, something alone the lines of Metroid, F-Zero, Monster Hunter, Dark Souls, GTA (not necessarily these but titles that will generate a ton of excitement). That's in addition to the appearance of Smash 4, Pokemon Stars and VC with 3DS, N64, GameCube and Wii games at 720p/1080p.

Hype levels over 9000 currently. It's gotten to the point that I've been rewatching the last 2 Sony conferences at least once a week for the past month.

Boke1879

Lol to be fair. A lot of people are looking forward to the two games you mention.

I want to see something on the new AC. Other than that yea I'm always hype for E3. I'm always cool with seeing updates on games we know about. Can't wait to see new stuff.

Hyped for the Switch. I'm expecting at least two big announcements, something alone the lines of Metroid, F-Zero, Monster Hunter, Dark Souls, GTA (not necessarily these but titles that will generate a ton of excitement). That's in addition to the appearance of Smash 4, Pokemon Stars and VC with 3DS, N64, GameCube and Wii games at 720p/1080p.

And Retros game.

I'm super hyped. Sony has had some great conferences so I expect them to continue delivering something good.

Nintendo just launched the Switch so they'll have plenty to show as well. I'm looking forward to these two primarily, the rest is meh.

HeeHo

I am hyped to watch it. A friend wanted me to go along with his friends to actually go to E3 and stay in LA for 5 days. I eventually declined but I'm wondering if I should've just went. I have it in my head that it would be way more fun to watch E3 from home than to actually go.

Maybe I'm just a stick in the mud though.

There's a lot for to me to look forward to this year.

Nintendo (I have a good feeling they're saving a lot of those rumored Switch titles like Rabbids crossover and Smash 4 port they're saving for E3.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

Possible Dragon Quest stuff announced for the West (Fortune Street please)

Other unexpected titles!

New From title, Retro game, DMC 5 and Breath of the Wild DLC would make it better than the last two for me and all of these are plausible.

On top of that:
Ori 2
Cuphead release date
Spider-Man gameplay
God of War combat demo
Super Mario Odyssey
Wolfenstein: New Colossus
More Death Stranding

Big ifs, but hoping for:
Visceral Star Wars gameplay blow-out
Matterfall gameplay reveal
Cyberpunk 2077
Bayonetta 3

meppi

I'm certainly looking forward to it but somehow I'm not hyped at all.
I don't even know when exactly it is which is kinda weird for me.

I'm sure there will be some nice surprises, but for some reason I'm not feeling the butterflies like in other years.
That might actually make me enjoy the unexpected stuff a lot more in the end.

I'll be a little excited when E3 actually arrives, it still feels like it's not close to me. I'm only really interested in Nintendos conference and mainly just to see if smash bros is coming.

Well we are guaranteed Mario Odyssey footage.

So that's cool. Pretty much the only game I'm really looking forward to other then Fire Emblem Echoes.

BasilZero

Hyped for new and unannounced stuff to show up :p

Most of what I wanted already came out in the last several months (Persona 5, Zelda BotW, FFXV, etc) or will be coming out soon (i.e. FFXII TZA)

jdstorm

Banned
Low.

Microsoft: their big new announcement is scorpio. Cool i guess its a more powerful console that will play 90% of the same games as a PS4, 100% of the games an Xbox one can play and only 70% of the games a more powerful PC can. Maybe its worth it if you have a 4K TV but im not feeling it right now

Sony: look at all these really cool games that you wont get to play for 2 years. Oh and here are the games we are releasing, but now that we've hyped you up for future projects everything looks much less interesting.

Nintendo: no confidence after how underwhelming the switch launch event was.

EA: we are sorry about Mass Effect being shit, please continue to buy microtransactions in our online multiplayer games. Oh and please play our version of Destiny that the Bioware A team was working on.

Ubisoft: Assasins Creed is back... please buy it to stop Vivendi buying us.
(That may have been slightly unfair, Ubisoft normally has interesting games even if their presentations typically arent very good. Also Watchdogs 2 was good)

Activision: look more CoD, Overwatch lootcrates and whatever Skylanders replacement is. Destiny 2 could be great (but im trying to keep my expectations low just incase it isnt)

Square: lots of FF, mostly stuff about XV trying to hype DLC mostly complete version and some new footage of 7 remastered.

Take 2: Red Dead blowout + Sports games. (i personally didn't care for the original so this doesn't interest me)

Other: Remember the underwhelming fight between Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age Inquisition for GotY since no one owned a WiiU. Well Mordor is getting a sequel. Some new Lego game...

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm oddly not too hyped at the moment. The main company I'll be following is Nintendo, and I don't expect many surprises from them.

If they follow past years, they'll focus on 2017 and maybe give a peek into 2018. If the rumors are true, then I expect Nintendo's big announcements to be Smash 4, Pokémon Stars, and Mario x Rabbids. Those games, combined with Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Super Mario Odyssey, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, would honestly make for an awesome 2H 2017. However, while I'm going to love many of those games, they don't have me rabid with speculation. I also expect general news (online OS stuff, VC, maybe that Mother 3 announcement), but it's again not particularly exciting for me because I half-expect it (the other half of me won't be disappointed by their absence).

The only "surprises" I'm anticipating are maybe Retro's game (I expect it's a 2018 title), maybe an Animal Crossing tease, and maybe Pikmin 4. The rumored Beyond Good and Evil 2 could show up as well, I suppose.

If all that were there, that would be a great conference, but it won't get my hype. It's going to take some kind of announcement coming out of nowhere to get me hyped. An unexpected 3rd party collaboration or a big exclusive 3rd party game and/or a cool IP revival (F-Zero, Metroid) would work. Basically something that I couldn't have imagined coming from Nintendo or to a Nintendo system.

Ostinatto

kGem7uO.png

Sony because they have enough studios to surprise constantly and it's been a long time since they have had a bad E3

Nintendo because I want to know what Retro is doing

MS haven't really impressed me at all this Gen. Their internal offerings haven't been that great and unless they money hat something amazing I have a feeling it's just going to be a lot of "superior" versions of their current catalog along with a 100% in engine trailer of H6.

Speely

Banned
I just realized that there is a tiny, minute possibility, barely bigger than an angel's whisper, of some kind of Cyberpunk 2077 info or new teaser at this E3.

I will flip my shit if there is anything at all of substance related to the game there. It's easily my most-anticipated title of pretty much forever.

Not getting my hopes up, but my fragile, flickering flame of hope still burns.

jdstorm

Banned
I just realized that there is a tiny, minute possibility, barely bigger than an angel's whisper, of some kind of Cyberpunk 2077 info or new teaser at this E3.

I will flip my shit if there is anything at all of substance related to the game there. It's easily my most-anticipated title of pretty much forever.

Not getting my hopes up, but my tiny, flickering flame of hope still burns.

Cyberpunk is likely not going to appear at E3. It was posted in another thread that CDPR changed leads and threw out a large portion of the game to start over from scratch. http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1361543

Edit: I originally described Cyberpunk 2077 as being in development hell. That was strictly my interpretation of what appeared in the linked thread. It in no way reflects the oppinion of the source with actual knoweledge of Cyberpunk 2077's development. I have edited my comment to reflect that.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
If Retro's project isn't something boring like Donkey Kong, then it could be a cool E3, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Speely

Banned
Cyberpunk is in development Hell. It was posted in another thread that CDPR changed leads and threw out a large portion of the game to start over from scratch. Will find the link and edit.

Goddamnit. A game of this scope being in "development hell" is kinda scary.

Edit: thanks for the link

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Around zero so far. Haven't even really thought about it. Feels like it's gonna be an "in-between- E3. Not much I'm really excited about. Mario Odyssey I suppose. But it's always fun, of course.

I'm mildly excited. Maybe if there are more leaks around....

Probably because early year has been excellent and I have tons of games still to play through.

Top Bottom