• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Are you guys going to play through previous Halo games before Halo 4 comes out? How are you going to prepare yourself for the story? How will you refresh your memory?

Are you guys going to play through previous Halo games before Halo 4 comes out? How are you going to prepare yourself for the story? How will you refresh your memory?
All Halo games (including Wars), in order of release, co-op Legendary with my youngest brother. We're nearing the end of Halo 2 now.

If I recall correctly, there is a video introduction to Halo 4 that overviews the entire trilogy's story.
So that'll probably server as an adequate refresher...
But I definitely plan to play through the entire five game series the day before!

TheOddOne

Just went through Halo 3's campaign on Legendary, read a bunch of the terminals in the game and re-reading the excellent articles on Ascendant Justice and Forward Unto Dawn. I think I might be overdoing it bit though.

Stopped playing Reach MP, feels good man.

Tempted to replay Halo 3 & then do as TheOddOne did, look over AJ & FUD while consuming a fine beverage from a tumbler.

But nothing otherwise. Actually, I might watch the Halo 1 & 2 Cutscene Commentary, because it's highly enjoyable on many levels.

Already in the process. Just finishing up Halo 2 Vista then onto ODST, then 3. All on Heroic, not in the mood for Legendary.

Was going to do it super chronologically with ODST right after Metropolis, but I think that would screw up the pacing of Halo 2. Not to mention Sgt. Johnson appears at the end of ODST so it would be weird to see him on Delta Halo when going back to Halo 2.

Probably not going to play through the previous games. I'd like to get in some Reach matchmaking a couple weeks prior to 4's release, if only to refresh my familiarity with the controls. I haven't played Halo much since the gaf tournament first started, and before that it had been at least 6 months or longer.

The only campaign I enjoy playing through is Combat Evolved, so I may go back and play it for fun. But it won't be to refresh my memory. Halo4 will be the mouthwash i use to rinse out the Reach after-taste in my mouth, and hopefully to show me that 343 can do better than Halo3.

Imagine, if Halo 4 had come out in September we would be playing right now :(

Spiders

I might play through Halo 3 again since it's been at least 2 years since I've played the campaign, but that's about all the preparation I'll be doing. The story so far is still pretty fresh in my memory.

Congrats on getting your sanity back! About the mic, NEVER
say NEVER.

SideshowBobSinging2.jpg

Playing Anniversary, finishing my Halo 2 VISTA Legendary run and then trying to finish Halo 3 on Legendary before Halo 4.

Finished up Anniversary a couple weeks ago, started 3 this week. Planning ODST as well, but we'll see how long it takes me to get through halo 3.

Talents

Banned

I would replay them all IF Microsoft hadn't of screwed up the Halo CE in my games library years ago. I can't play Halo CE because apparently I haven't bought it and they want me to buy it again.

Hell naw.

Talents

Banned

Yeah, I suck at explaining things.

Basically 4 ish years ago I bought Halo CE from the marketplace, now when I try to play it, it says I don't own/haven't purchased the game, so it won't let me play it without me buying it again.

Stop being cheap and Buy Halo CE:A its like £15 New on Amazon.

I would of if I hadn't of just bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution on Games on Demand for £15.

Add me to the list of dudes who wants Daft Punk on the next Halo soundtrack. Not to discredit Neil Davidge, I haven't listened to but a few samples of Halo 4's, but the Tron: Legacy soundtrack does seem like a perfect fit in the Halo Universe.

Stopped playing reach MM, its been great! It's also been 2 whole months.

Although, I am missing playing against randoms.

Also, you better get a mic soon.

OddOne doesn't have a mic? I just got a turtle beach x12, seems to be pretty great. Up till now I'd been using a shitty basic mic (that still cost like 20 bucks at gamestop bahaha). Having the sound and chat in your ears is a big step up.

TheOddOne

Microsoft South Africa announces local Halo 4 tournament
If you can’t wait to get stuck into Halo 4’s multiplayer modes then don’t miss out on the upcoming Halo 4 online tournament hosted by Microsoft South Africa.

The tournament will be held soon after Halo 4’s launch on November 6th and will be played over Xbox LIVE, apart from the finals which will take place at a “secret venue”. Each round will be refereed by a Microsoft representative so you can be sure the eventual winners will have earned their place at the top of the pile.

The tournament will be split into Clan-based and ‘Lone Wolf’ death matches, with the four players on the winning Clan and the single Lone Wolf winner all netting themselves an all-expenses-paid trip to Cologne, Germany for gamescom 2013!

You can enter the Halo 4 tournament here and be sure to get your entries in before November 6th. You’ll need a copy of the game and an ADSL line to participate in the tournament, as well as a Xbox LIVE Gold subscription so you can play online.

Good luck!
This all sounds a bit fishy, even the website looks fishy.

I'm not gonna play any of them before 4, I've done that enough already. Gonna play Dishonoured, TF2 and Jet Set Radio or something for the next month.

Fracas

#fuckonami

I had originally planned on playing through all the Halos, but I don't see that happening now. Way too many games I want to play coming out between now and 4. Probably gonna slowly go through Halo 3 until I hit the last level. On November 5th, I'm gonna play Reach most of the day, then finish Halo 3's campaign and watch the legendary cinematic followed by a couple Halo 4 vidocs. Then I'm off to Gamestop, adequately hyped!

Tawpgun

I'm gonna go back home and recover my Halo 3 from my house after comic con. Before I go back up to Boston.

Then on November 5th, I'll just play through Halo 3, beat it, or at least the last level. Watch the ending. Go to the midnight release, get game, come back, play first level for continuity sake. Go to sleeps. Play all day erday on Tuesday. Would play all night but... roommate and all that.

Also, can't unsee the new suit being a huge power strip. Look at all those outlets.

broony

Have any of you thought about how to handle Spartan Ops spoilers on the forum as the series goes on?

Obviously there will be fresh spoilers every week so discussion will either fill up the thread with black bars, risk spoiling story points for people who are behind or require a seperate thread just for spartan ops, away from the main community thread.

Tawpgun

Have any of you thought about how to handle Spartan Ops spoilers on the forum as the series goes on?

Obviously there will be fresh spoilers every week so discussion will either fill up the thread with black bars, risk spoiling story points for people who are behind or require a seperate thread just for spartan ops, away from the main community thread.

Out of courtesy for others, just spoiler tag the SpOps missions for a week. After a week, it should be safe to talk about. Otherwise it gets obnoxious.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Well, they noted that SpOps will have a 5 minute cutscene or so? I don't think there will be huge spoilers. If needed we can always make a Spartan Ops OT for spoilers and discussion though.

lmao spartan ops spoilers. As if the story will be anything more than a 30 second cut scene to explain why you are about to play firefight for the next 12 minutes.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
lmao spartan ops spoilers. As if the story will be anything more than a 30 second cut scene to explain why you are about to play firefight for the next 12 minutes.

Each SpOps mission pack has a decently long cutscene before it. Not just 30 seconds. It has actual story. Can't remember the actual length, but it was 5+ minutes I thought.

Swarmerr

13737-B-5.jpg

Idk about you guys but I see a big mutant ninja turtle face on chief's armor from the chest down to the waist. Now that I can't unsee..

Winning haikus:

monsterfracas
Slayer, Asylum
Pick up the sniper, scope in
Frame rate gently weeps

Wahrer Machine
marks of shame... penance.
the judge... finds himself faithless.
were it so easy.

Bregmann Roche
Graveyard at top gold
They never go up the ramp
I remember you Construct

gunnerdude
Lockout the whole world
Sleep sweet in my arms at night
Wake up now John, please.

Awesome Barlow
Warthog up the ramp,
Open the gate, grab the flag
Containment dot map.

Codes to be sent once i get the green light.
Wow thanks! Congrats to everyone else as well!

Top Bottom