• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5's Leaked Xbox 360 Data Reveals PC, PS4 Build Code

Iacobellis

...It hasn't even been announced yet.

But why would the console be omitted from this?

I personally think Sony has strucken some sort of deal with Rockstar. It has been very odd only seeing PS3 mentioned in the GTA V commercials, billboards, and trailers from earlier this year.

I want to play it now so that's what I'll do. If the next gen version contains more improvements than just graphics I might double dip later.

Vire

I personally think Sony has strucken some sort of deal with Rockstar. It has been very odd only seeing PS3 mentioned in the GTA V commercials, billboards, and trailers from earlier this year.

You mean the kind of thing that happens all the time?

Including COD being only shown only on Microsoft platforms? I wouldn't read into it.

Zornack

They've definitely struck some sort of deal but I don't think anyone thought it might go as far as next gen exclusivity.

hwalker84

Where is that PS4 gif

Edit:

ibzG4p2WboFlCL.gif
That gif is fabulous

vivftp

I figured it would have to come out on next gen consoles at some point, so glad to see this. Some of my friends lack the patience to wait so they're picking it up right away. Me, I can wait. I would imagine the PS4 version should be a considerably better experience than the PS3 one.

Anyways considering the amount of hours I'll spend playing this game, I'd much rather do it with the Dual Shock 4.

Guevara

It looks good obviously, but increasing the draw distance, cutting the pop-in and upping the frame rate from the estimated 25-30 is well worth waiting for in my opinion.

Squire

Banned
All of CB's gaming coverage is amateur, ignorant, and obnoxious, so definitely take this with a grain of salt.

GeoramA

That would be some nice revenge on MS for moneyhatting the GTA IV episodes. But highly unlikely...

Mr. F

Banned
I'll likely double dip on PS4 if the multiplayer cap is greatly increased, among other worthwhile improvements.

majik13

Yeah we all know it is coming, and we should all know that R* is counting on double dips. I would be more surprised if it were not coming to PC, next gen.

But I suppose it is nice to know that there is some sort of evidence...

amnesiac

They've definitely got something going. Who knows?

Bullza2o

Well it would be nice if it does come to PS4. If not, I hope it can be streamed to PS4 via Gaikai or something (same for TLOU).

Ploid 3.0

Any chance Sony secures it for PS4? Maybe if it comes to PS4, they can call it even on Agent

I sure would if I was Sony. I don't even care about Agent anymore. Though as a gamer, I doubt we would gain anything from GTA5 being next gen exclusive to PS4. It's already a port of current gen, how much better could it be to have it exclusive to PS4. Might as well add XBO, they will both max the game out.

Vire

Well it would be nice if it does come to PS4. If not, I hope it can be streamed to PS4 via Gaikai or something (same for TLOU).

I expect GOTY editions for both of those games on PS4. Hopefully with some remastered elements.

eival

its like nobody remembers the Rockstar marketing for Max Payne 3 last year....

their entire selling point was that your progress and gangs would carry over to GTA 5. give it a rest with the "will it come to PC" hype.

learn how business works, the PS4 released date scheduled in Japan is a perfect example, they're doing it to try and maximize profits, they already know the Japan market is going to buy it, same thing with GTA, releasing a PC version isnt going to maximize console profits. just like Rockstar wasnt going to say the GTA 4 DLC was only 360 exclusive for 6 months and then would be available for all platforms and on top of that offered as a disc which doesn't even need GTA 4 to run. they presented it like the 360 was the only way to get that content, at the time. which is what Microsoft paid for.

just like a "free to play" game going on steam early access and just never giving a release date, if you knew the release date you could just wait, but they're gonna keep puting it off "we're not quite done yet, so who knows when we're gonna be finished, but if you pay $9 you can get in right now!"

x3sphere

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest, as I've been saying it's a no-brainer to bring to next-gen consoles if they're bringing it to PC. And I expect they will time the release with the PC version.

Tsundere

Banned
It wouldn't be worth it because GTA V is already out on Xbxo360, PS3, & probably PC by the time it comes out on PS4.

It was just a thought that popped into my mind. Since AGENT is all but dead at this point, additional sales of both hardware & software (from double dippers/new gamers) is never a bad thing. Grand Theft Auto is definitely a title that will have an impact.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is anyone really surprised? Yeah, Sony leaked the PS4 version information. The PC information shouldn't be surprising since every other GTA has had a PC port. I'd honestly be more shocked if GTA5 didn't come to PC...

But really, the biggest question is: Is the PC version of GTA5 going to be optimized? GTA4 wasn't and for me, GTA3-SA was a mixed bag.

Top Bottom