• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5's Leaked Xbox 360 Data Reveals PC, PS4 Build Code

This article reads like one of those spam click bait "news" links. I don't believe it has any credibility.

I do think GTA V will come to PC and maybe next gen, this article is clearly worthless. I'm surprised so many people believe it.

satam55

Banned
It was just a thought that popped into my mind. Since AGENT is all but dead at this point, additional sales of both hardware & software (from double dippers/new gamers) is never a bad thing. Grand Theft Auto is definitely a title that will have an impact.

A couple of the trusted Sony insiders on this forum have pretty much confirmed that "Agent" is not dead.

TheHater

Right, I don't care what the thread title is. If it's coming to PC/PS4 it's coming to the One.

you seem to be getting worked up about my post.

This article reads like one of those spam click bait "news" links. I don't believe it has any credibility.

I do think GTA V will come to PC and maybe next gen, this article is clearly worthless. I'm surprised so many people believe it.
I think a lot of people remember the Mass Effect 2 and BioShock PS3 build code in the PC version of those game. Both of those games did found their way onto the PS3. We could have the same case here.

As for me, I will believe it when I see it.

Bullza2o

I expect GOTY editions for both of those games on PS4. Hopefully with some remastered elements.

That would be great! I was tempted to preorder the 360 version, but I figure it's not worth it because I refuse to pay for Gold. I'm already saving up for a PS4 sometime next year anyways. I'm excited for GTA V-ita remote play!

ChronoX

Where is that PS4 gif

Edit:

ibzG4p2WboFlCL.gif

Rofl!

Coiote

I hope there is some sort of upgrade program when the PS4 version drops. Otherwised, I might have played the game too much already to pay the full price again.

Tagyhag

Yeah this was obvious, but hopefully this will shut up people who used RDR as an excuse as to why GTA V wouldn't come to the PC.

Such stupid logic.

DoomGyver

This is why I haven't preordered gta5, I'm waiting for the ps4 version. Why wouldn't Rockstar get fans to double dip going into the new generation. It's easy money.

Hollow

I'll just hold out for a potential PS4 version.

If it doesn't happen I can just buy the PS3 version later on. I'm one of the few people not out of my mind with excitement for this game.

There have been several games that I have played through multiple times. Doing this on new or improved platforms would be worth the extra money to me.

Fair enough. I personally have plenty of other games to play in the meantime so waiting a while for the PC version is no biggie.

mario_O

If true this is pathetic, Rockstar hiding a release to get our money twice. Will play the ps3 version but this is so annoying I should cancel my pre-order.

No Xbone?

Can the PS4 version to be waiting the Xbone version because the the late MS DevKits?

Or this maybe

This is anecdotal from E3, but...

I've heard the architecture with the ESRAM is actually a major hurdle in development because you need to manually fill and flush it.

So unless MS's APIs have improved to the point that this is essentially automatic, the bandwidth and hardware speed are probably irrelevant.

For reference, the story going around E3 went something like this:

"ATVI was doing the CoD: Ghosts port to nextgen. It took three weeks for PS4 and came out at 90 FPS unoptimized, and four months on Xbone and came out at 15 FPS."

Pains me to say it but it seems like the cell all over again. I hope ms got their things together since e3.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If they let me transfer save data from PS3 to PS4, I'd be in.

I doubt they'll do that, so I doubt I'll double dip until like 2 years from now when its 5 bucks

TheHater

LOL! Don't lose hope. Agent and The Last Guardian will come. They may not be the same game we had seen before or imagined. Heck, they may even be combined into one game. But it will happen.
Well we seen footage from TLG and Sony said it's still in development. As for Agent, I don't think R* ever mention anything about that game and Sony doesn't even know what is up with it.

Ploid 3.0

"ATVI was doing the CoD: Ghosts port to nextgen. It took three weeks for PS4 and came out at 90 FPS unoptimized, and four months on Xbone and came out at 15 FPS."

Pains me to say it but it seems like the cell all over again. I hope ms got their things together since e3.

If this is true, Cerny's time to triangle stuff really paid off big time, not going for the eDRAM or whatever to make the GDDR5 have so much more bandwidth.

All I see is that R* is committed to nextgen (not surprising, they are a video game company after all) with their RAGE engine, but this does not confirm that GTA5 is coming nextgen.

Here's hoping though.

demolitio

If they truly are assholes, they'd make me triple dip by announcing next-gen version(s) first and then announce the PC version after launching the next-gen version(s) with proper mod support.

Nethaniah

If they truly are assholes, they'd make me triple dip by announcing next-gen version(s) first and then announce the PC version after launching the next-gen version(s) with proper mod support.

They are dead to me if they release the pc version after a potential next-gen console version.

Top Bottom