• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 trailer coming out [Thursday]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

That sounds more like transhumanism than cyberpunk, the visual aspect and the setting are crucial to cyberpunk.

Not really. Cyberpunk is about how technology doesn't make our life better. It's high tech, and low life as wikipedia puts it. While Blade Runner set the visual mood for a lot of the genre, cyberpunk doesn't have to conform to it.

krishian

Is it out yet?
t1357851600z0.png

i-Lo

I was wondering whether Kavinsky's soundtracks would fit the genre... anyone know of any well known artist besides Daft sPunk whose music fits the cyberpunk feel?

I recently stumbled upon an artist (not famous like the aforementioned people) called Noir Deco thanks to this thread.

not gonna be there for the live launch. Going out to eat with the girl.

I hope that no tears are shed, except for those of fanboy joy.

Arklite

I don't know why but DR:HR felt to me more like sci-fi than cyberpunk.

Near future, Renaissance influenced, cyberpunk tinged theme. True, HR wasn't going for 'pure' cyberpunk.

edit: not sure what pure cyberpunk would be. Broadly speaking a big part of it is any variation of new tech being carelessly grafted onto the old, visible in the environment.

i-Lo

Nice thanks.

I think the question is what makes a soundtrack fit into cyberpunk? I am no student of music and generally go by the ear but I have always had the distinct feeling that music in movies and games portraying cyberpunk is not about melding harmoniously into the background but rather eek out its own identity with music patterns that utilize 80's synth artificiality with drum beats taking a back seat. I first had this feeling when I went to watch Tron Legacy where I honestly thought, "Heh, so there is this movie and there is this music. Two of which compliment each other while still being able to retain their individual identities".

Pooya

I hope it's a few minutes at least, not some 30sec teaser after all the build up they had >.< probably CG though.

abunai

1 hour 10 minutes!

Anyone expressed interest in doing an OT when the time is right? I'd totally be down for it. My Deus Ex thread was p good.

Serra

i'm hyped but realistic.

I expect: maximum of 20 seconds of "non-logo" shots. These will be either CG or panning shots of 2d artwork with a voiceover.

Perkel

Banned
Good Lord some of you are setting yourselves up for major disappointment!

Not really. Just any trailer even CGI on Cyberpunk will be amazing to watch.

Open world, full character customization, "soul in the mashine" climate, proper RPG, clubs, implants and all of that with CDPR attention to story dialogues and details.

Bioware fucked with story in ME (plotholes everywhere)
DRHR had few problems, especially with out of place boss fights.
Rember Me looks like have terribad dialogues.
Hard Reset was just straight shooter.
Binary Domain cover based shooter.

Cyberpunk 2077 is only game which can do cyberpunk/scifi gengre justice. A am starving for good cyberpunk game.

edit:
1 HOUR BITCHES !

Sentenza

Panning 2D art is becoming the worst trend in gaming...
No, it's not.
As a solution to handle cutscenes and so on it's very cost effective and in many circumstance far more pleasing to the eye that substandard CGI/ in-engine cinematics.
I would actually like to see more developers using it as a solution instead of inflating their budgets and/or sacrificing more meaningful content to the altar of presentation.

Tacitus_

Cyberpunk 2077 is only game which can do cyberpunk/scifi gengre justice. A am starving for good cyberpunk game.

Deus Ex did the genre justice just fine. There were some problems with the game design, yes, but having bad bosses doesn't mean it's worse as a cyberpunk piece.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Not really. Just any trailer even CGI on Cyberpunk will be amazing to watch.

Open world, full character customization, "soul in the mashine" climate, proper RPG, clubs, implants and all of that with CDPR attention to story dialogues and details.

Bioware fucked with story in ME (plotholes everywhere)
DRHR had few problems, especially with out of place boss fights.
Rember Me looks like have terribad dialogues.
Hard Reset was just straight shooter.
Binary Domain cover based shooter.

edit:
1 HOUR BITCHES !

Hard Reset is awesome if you ask me.

Binary Domain was hardly cyberpunk IMHO, and I think Mass Effect never went that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom