• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection releasing on June 6

I like it, and it's no big deal since XL is less known anyway.

I really want to play the Sol track, and see how it looks on 1080p screen. Hopefully the game will feature supersampling on the Pro.

I does feature super-sampling! Can't wait to see how much clearer it looks on a nice big telly @ 60fps!

If this does well, I wonder if a new Wipeout and a top-to-bottom remake of the PS1 ones (similar to the Crash N Sane Trilogy) would be possibilities. When this was announced, I actually thought this was like the new Crash Trilogy until I realized it was an enhanced collection of the PS3/Vita ones.

Wish this could have had VR support, but that might be pretty intense lol.

This is going to look stupid good on the pro. What is dynamic 4k btw? Is that checkerboarding?

Wish this could have had VR support, but that might be pretty intense lol.

This is going to look stupid good on the pro. What is dynamic 4k btw? Is that checkerboarding?

Guessing it means the game can drop resolution temporarily in order to preserve framerates when needed. Pretty sure Wipeout HD did this on PS3 as well.

Hackbert

oh hell yeah. i also never played the vita game, so at least these tracks will be new to me. zone mode with a good old friend of mine is still awesome

dracula_x

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

DAw_ekYXkAAJlBI.jpg:orig

→ https://twitter.com/PlayStationDE/status/868138628077281282

shmoglish

Am I the only one not feeling the classic box art sleeve? It's a nice idea but take away the original playstation box details, and the actual image for the vehicles is pretty dull. =/
Well, I can understand your opinion. I just like the "retro" look. Same with the Psx Ps4 Version.

I was slightly worried about WipEout 2048 tracks, but apparently, with enhanced lighting, they look gorgeous, I would say much better than HD/Fury tracks.

6uajNQn.gif

2048 was always a better looking game (especially Zone Mode) but it was held back by the frame rate and resolution.

Hackbert

okay i am a bit out of the loop. are there differences left between digital and physical release? i thought one did have the new ship, and one had not. on the playstation site i see no difference..

Melchiah

okay i am a bit out of the loop. are there differences left between digital and physical release? i thought one did have the new ship, and one had not. on the playstation site i see no difference..

The digital version has also a digital art book.

Vally

Moraizen

Congrats on the purchase!. On a different note anyone knows if there's any perks for pre-ordering digitally?

Taken from the official game website:
If you prefer to stay in the digital domain, visit PlayStation Store to pre-order WipEout Omega Collection for the following:

Dynamic Theme, which turns your PS4 home screen into a gravity defying WipEout Omega Collection demonstration, complete with a close up look at three ships.

By buying the digital edition version of WipEout Omega Collection, you’ll also get exclusive avatars, a Van Uber ship and a digital artbook.

From my understanding, the Van Uber ship is exclusive to the digital version... Someone correct me if that's wrong please.

Top Bottom