• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering since I'm new here, but can't you be banned for posting fake news?

As in this rumour originated here (seemingly) and you said that it's an actual print screen.

Isn't that a bannable offence?

You can't be banned for posting rumors or even making up rumors...
I remember reading a rule saying you can. Not sure though.

I am very, very good at caring for Pikmin.

Hell, I did a no-death run through Pikmin 2 one time.
(lots of resets, let me tell you..!)

But can you handle the new Pikmin from Pikmin 3? They are called Retardmins. If they see something dangerous, they just scream and run twoards it like their on fire... ;)

Just wondering since I'm new here, but can't you be banned for posting fake news?

As in this rumour originated here (seemingly) and you said that it's an actual print screen.

Dude calm down. I came up with WES or Wii Entertainment System aswell when i thought of a name. But it was clear that it was just a wild guess from my part. I don´t recall anyone claiming to know this...

My claims.
Its a screen print.
It wasn't done with JavaScript
It wasn't done with Photoshop
and wait for it..... I shall confirm this tittilating FACT. I DID NOT play with nor edit the code on Nintendos website.

That is all I claim.

If by chance DefectiveReject is wrong, can he be banned? I.e. if on April 26th, Wii U isn't renamed to WES, can he be banned? :eek:

There is no way to absolutely determine that this was fake. The image, oddly misplaced on a software schedule page as it was, did not claim that the Wii U was to be given a new name.

And if it were, that doesn't mean that it isn't something they were considering but eventually decided against.

In short, relax.

So it's possible you just editted the page locally with firebug huh?

:)

The important word in DR's response is "I".

ozfunghi

My claims.
Its a screen print.
It wasn't done with JavaScript
It wasn't done with Photoshop
and wait for it..... I shall confirm this tittilating FACT. I DID NOT play with nor edit the code on Nintendos website.

That is all I claim.

So it's possible you just editted the page locally with firebug huh?

:)

HylianTom

Banned
But can you handle the new Pikmin from Pikmin 3? They are called Retardmins. If they see something dangerous, they just scream and run twoards it like their on fire... ;)

Man.. so, given natural selection and all.. how are those still alive?

"Oh my - a Bulborax! I think I'll go give him a hug!"
{*runs over, begins embrace*} "
Hi, Bul-"
*CHOMP!*

There is no way to absolutely determine that this was fake. The image, oddly misplaced on a software schedule page as it was, did not claim that the Wii U was to be given a new name.

And if it were, that doesn't mean that it isn't something they were considering but eventually decided against.

In short, relax.

The important word in DR's response is "I".
I absolutely guarantee Firebug was not used. Can you get it for Chrome???

And the word I is irrelevant in this case.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
A site that you Go to for Nintendo news is reporting a silly name change rumour.....

Anth0ny

As soon as that image was posted I went to the Nintendo.co.jp website and checked out the calendar. It said Mario Party 9. I didn't post immediately because I knew it was just a joke.

Lets drop it.

I absolutely guarantee Firebug was not used. Can you get it for Chrome???

And the word I is irrelevant in this case.

By the way, I wanted to thank you. I thought everything had finally slowed down, but in part thanks to you we easily blew past the 10% mark in under two days.

Wait, why the fuck has there been four of these?

Nintendo. The cause of and solution to all of life's problems.

As soon as that image was posted I went to the Nintendo.co.jp website and checked out the calendar. It said Mario Party 9. I didn't post immediately because I knew it was just a joke.

Lets drop it.

You're a bit late to the party. We dropped it like half an hour ago. Now we're just making jokes about it.

HylianTom

Banned

Lets drop it.

Sadly, this is what qualifies as "news" around here these days. And this is coming from someone who was asking excitedly if this was "actual news."

The 26th can't come soon enough. It'll make today look like a church picnic. Or a candlelight supper.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I <3 you Nibel. Those mock-ups were pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

Mind if I repost my controller redesign? Can't wait to see how similar (or not) it is to what's at E3.

LMNUS.png

Man.. so, given natural selection and all.. how are those still alive?

"Oh my - a Bulborax! I think I'll go give him a hug!"
{*runs over, begins embrace*} "
Hi, Bul-"
*CHOMP!*

:(

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Sadly, this is what qualifies as "news" around here these days. And this is coming from someone who was asking excitedly if this was "actual news."

It's not News.... It's the N-WES....

Actually NWES, they're the compass points... Could make for an interesting logo.

The 26th can't come soon enough. It'll make today look like a church picnic. Or a candlelight supper.

Do you really want me to spoil it for you?

Well, okay…

"Huh, chartz."

"Wow, more losses than we thought. Nintendo doomedlol"

"No way, guys, they're just moneyhatting every third party!"

"Oh, here it comes, Nintendo Network information!"

"What, they're renaming NN to Wii Entertainment System?"

"The fuck?"

"Well, individual accounts across multiple systems is cool, but we kinda already knew that."

"Okay guys, it looks like time to show off games!"

"…2D mario for 3DS"

"Nice screenshot"

"What, Iwata where's the video?!?"

"Ugh, jaggies! D:"

"Okay, ready for the next game!"

"Oh, talking about 3ds profitability"

"3rd quarter profit for the handheld divison, baby!!!"

"Okay, that's outta the way, let's hear about the Wii U!"

"Good, good, coming out this year. And...?

"Games...?"

"Wait, wtf?"

"Wat"

"That's it?"

"Conference over????"

"FUCK YOU NINTENDO!!!!!"

"Reggie lied, it's before E3 and no news! :'("

"Guys, did you hear about the Wii Entertainment System? According to Kotaku…"

There. Now you guys don't have to stay online for the investor's conference. I think I've actually given you a more optimistic summary than what you'll actually see.

HylianTom

Banned
Um, yes?
I haven't been following this little drama but deliberate leaks are not uncommon. Microsoft is notorious for it, for example.

Yep! They can do it several times until someone finally "catches" it and runs with the bait.

Remember: Nintendo has people online all over the place, ever-watching.

(naaahhh..)

GAF is testing the boundaries of my sanity
Aww, man.. it's still very early in the year..

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I really wish that Nintendo stuck with the rumored Striim name. Everyone would have loved it.

It's better than Wii U, that's for sure. I still think "Wii 2" would be perfect.

Was Stream ever a real name?
I know Project Cafe was, but I think Stream was just something someone made up based on the controller rumors.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Was Stream ever a real name?
I know Project Cafe was, but I think Stream was just something someone made up based on the controller rumors.

I believe Stream name came from the 01.net rumor that broke the original news, didn't it?

MiniDitka

My apologies if this has already been posted. From the latest Gameinformer ...

"Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia says that developers told him the Wii U will have 50 percent more processing power than the Xbox 360 and PS3,but Nintendo hasnt' confirmed this rumor."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom