• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turok 2: Seeds of Evil Remastered Trailer

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Why would you want to play this over any modern first-person shooter?

Its has ridiculous weapons, enemies and environments, its faster, and its not bogged down with story.

Did Turok 3 ever come to PC? I always wanted to play it but my local video store never had a copy.

Nope, I just checked because I was hoping for a remaster of that as well.

Spacejaws

I hope they do Turok: Rage Wars next. That game was fun and ambitious and (slightly) ahead of its time, but it's borderline unplayable today.

Could never really 'finish' it because my cart kept erasing the game saves no matter which card I put them on and as a kid that was fucking heartbreaking.

Would look forward to finaly unlocking all those sweet skins.

Who actually asked for this? The art doesnt stand up, the game design will definitely not stand up.

I feel like this has been a generation where publishers are just remastering shit because they arent botheres to invest in new IP's.

I can understand going back and remastering some ofnthw bigger titles of the PS2 / Xbox / GC gen, but this early 3D stuff just looks terrible and it was when developers were struggling to make games in a 3D space and they were all kinda of clunky.

Game is great and I completely disagree with you. Great way to get games future proof and stable. I asked for it, there you go. GIve me more ports of great games like this (red faction etc)

Gotta disagree with most - this looks terrible. I remember getting this game for Christmas and the extra RAM pack for the N64. The game ran and looked pretty terrible even then; this looks like a sick reminder of 90s-era N64 gaming.

Because, unlike a lot of modern games this has gameplay and level design that doesn't get tapped into that often. We just want to go through levels and have fun, not witness cut scenes and linear paths all the time.

Who actually asked for this? The art doesnt stand up, the game design will definitely not stand up.

I feel like this has been a generation where publishers are just remastering shit because they arent botheres to invest in new IP's.

I can understand going back and remastering some ofnthw bigger titles of the PS2 / Xbox / GC gen, but this early 3D stuff just looks terrible and it was when developers were struggling to make games in a 3D space and they were all kinda of clunky.

I've asked, begged, and prayed since their first Turok Remaster.

Dipswitch

I remember trying to play this on the N64 in high-res mode using the memory upgrade pack. But gameplay was a slideshow, so I eventually got fed up with it about a third of the way in I'd guess.

I liked (and beat) the original Turok, so I might grab this on sale for nostalgia's sake. I always wanted to try out the cerebral bore and I'm not sure I got far enough originally to unlock it.....

Wow, that takes me back. I remember 14 year old me thinking the levels were the biggest in any game I'd ever played. Was never able to get passed the bit with the caves. Will probably pick this up and see if I still feel the same way haha.

RedSwirl

9mBOwvx.jpg

90's first person shooters are faster, have a greater variety of weapons and enemies making the gameplay more dynamic, aren't bogged down by too many cut scenes and scripted events, and have more elaborate level design.

DOOM 2016 is so great because it brought back that style of FPS.

Menome

I asked for this the moment I found out about the original Turok remaster.

Oh man, I loved this game back in the day. The weapon arsenal still hasn't been topped to this day. Trying to outrun a cerebral bore in multiplayer was always hilarious. Not sure if I want to spoil my memories be revisiting, but it might be too much for me to resist.

Love the comments in the video that confuse remasters with remakes. It might not seem like it, but this took a lot of work, regardless of whether or not they remade it from the ground up. Being limited to the original assets, I think they did a great job with what they had. I've never played Turok 2 before, but I loved 1 enough, so I'm probably going to give it a shot.

This game was so fucking hard as a kid. I never got anywhere in it

In to try again
I was in a similar situation with the first game. Bought the remaster on release and finally beat the game. I think the fact that these re-releases allow the games to run at a playable framerate helps a lot.

Night Dive isn't a AAA studio, they're a publisher who specialize in obtaining the rights to older IPs that would otherwise never be rereleased. It's because of them that I've been able to play the System Shock games.

This is like asking why the Criterion Collection would use their funds to preserve, remaster, and release older films as opposed to funding their own films.

Ithil

Nope.

I replayed Turok 2 via the N64 not long ago, and much of it holds up well. What doesn't hold up is the framerate and controls on the 64. Two things a remaster on the PC solves, so I asked for this.

My god it moved faster than slow!

This has been on my list for a long time, glad to see that it's coming soon. Port of Adia, baby.

Ithil

I hate most modern first person shooters. DOOM 2016 is a rare light in the dark of boring and homogeneous military and sci-fi military shooters. If modern FPS games took more from the likes of Turok 2, I would enjoy them a whole hell of a lot more.

BHK3

Banned
Why does it look slower than Turok 1? I've watched videos of Turok 1 and the graphics in that don't look as...offensive as this...

Spladam

Gotta disagree with most - this looks terrible. I remember getting this game for Christmas and the extra RAM pack for the N64. The game ran and looked pretty terrible even then; this looks like a sick reminder of 90s-era N64 gaming.

The game looked amazing then, I was blown away by the graphics, and most FPS ran terrible back then.

I asked for this, and I can't wait to gruesomely kill bad guys with the Razor Wind again, but this time at 60FPS. I'm stoked, and I'm glad there are companies preserving our past and bringing them to the new generations.

Ithil

Why does it look slower than Turok 1? I've watched videos of Turok 1 and the graphics in that don't look as...offensive as this...

Turok 2 moves much slower than Turok 1, in which you were on rocket ice skates and an invisible winter was all around you.

It isn't a joke but I remember like 6 years ago I felt completely lost when playing an older less linear game. At that time I was so use to markers and being shown were to go from the 360 gen.

Yukinari

Goldeneye with PC controls with better performance instantly becomes a more enjoyable game. Same could be said for a lot of old FPS.

WadeitOut

I played Turok 2 while watching a multi day 90210 marathon back in the day. I might have to watch a Kelly ruin the best thing that ever happened to her with Brandon all over again for this...

zeioIIDX

No expansion pak needed :) I remember at the time, the levels in Turok 2 were pretty damn huge. Maybe that was just 11 year old me though. I remember losing my shit over this game as a kid, I was BIG into Turok and Turok 2: Seeds of Evil. I still have my collection of Turok 2 action figures I bought at Walmart back in the day (Primagen, Adon, and Joshua Fireseed). Josh in particular came with a shitload of accessories lol.

0228171201b.jpg

Leatherface

The framerate of the original was awwwwwwful so it's cool this is getting a remaster. Still I couldn't help thinking while I watched the trailer that this game is a prime candidate for a complete remake instead. For now I will hold on to the memories but if this ever gets a remake, I'm totally in. :eek:

Zeenbor

I loved Turok 2 when I was a kid.

As an adult, Port of Adia is what I put on when I need to get stuff done. It's like my Eye of the Tiger. I can pretty much listen to it on loop all day if I need to get in the zone.

zsidane

Yeesh. I was hoping for a modern engine with graphics that at least appeared like they came from this century. It looks like someone playing in a N64 emulator with higher resolution.
Thus. I came excited but after watching the video... no thanks.

Top Bottom