• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOZ: BOTW would have been an objectively better game on PS4/XBO/PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avallon

Breath of the Wild runs at sub-30FPS at 900p on Nintendo's most powerful hardware. On current competing hardware, without compromising gameplay or updating assets, this game would have run at 1080p/60FPS. Nintendo's insistence on being a first-party developer, rather than making the switch to third-party, is holding back their software efforts.

Yes, I get that BOTW is being hailed as the greatest thing since sliced bread, but that's only if you completely ignore the glaring and frequent frame drops at sub-full HD resolution.

Many will argue that graphics don't matter, and games can be good regardless of what they look like. These same people will then turn around and emulate BOTW on CEMU and claim it is the definitive version of the game.

I argue that this game could have looked and played much better in 2017. Nintendo makes great software, but they make subpar hardware. I don't know if it would be in their best interest, financially, to go third party, but I feel it would be in gamers' best interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom