• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Fuchsdh

So, where is Waypoint on the new dashboard? I never found it after the redesign, and having spent five minutes just now trying, I still can't.

The new dashboard is...not good.

Under apps, or games. I think the latter. Usually I just go to quickplay, but that may not apply in your case.

I'm actually pretty fond of the new dash if only because it removes the avatar shit out of constant view and puts the two important things, play game and quick launch, in instant access.

But I can't talk about the store implementation, I always used the website and queued it to download to my console. The store in the console has always been kind of all over the place, even before.

Q9kXZ.gif

playing catchup right now, whered you find this gif?

anyone got a link to more gifs?

SOMEONE, ANYONE, RESPOND!

Up for some Halo 3 MM?

My Gamertag: Vlad356

I'm on right now.

just got off 3

GhaleonEB

Under apps, or games. I think the latter. Usually I just go to quickplay, but that may not apply in your case.

It was under games, then over a few tabs, then buried in a sub-menu, somewhere. And apparently I already have it installed, but I can't find where, so I'm downloading again and hoping to launch it there. I thought it would be in Apps.

*grumble*

Edit: nope, not there. Downloaded, but now I can't find it to launch.

Havok

That's Microsoft for you. Shouldn't surprise anyone that they're shoving ads in there. If anything I'm surprised it took them that long.
It's probably more jarring since Waypoint is (as far as I know) Gold exclusive. Like with Hulu Plus, you're paying a fee to watch ads, which is a bad thing.

It was under games, then over a few tabs, then buried in a sub-menu, somewhere. And apparently I already have it installed, but I can't find where, so I'm downloading again and hoping to launch it there. I thought it would be in Apps.

*grumble*

Is it not in the quick launch menu (either through the mini-dashboard or the option underneath Play Disc on the main page)?

Redford

aka Cabbie
My thoughts about this Missile Pistol:

1. I hope the actual reload animation is faster than that.

2. It would be cool if it was an airburst type of launcher, shooting straight ahead. If this replaces the pipes though, I'll be disappointed, because bouncy charges are fun.

3. EMP is imperative if none of the above comes to pass.

The way I found Waypoint was by going to Games, and then selecting Most Downloaded, or something like that.

The new UI is indeed not very good.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
It definitely should be in Apps, and the Game Hubs category, considering how sparse it is, should be scrapped altogether. But other than that, I think the new Dash is great to use. The 10 most recent games loading instantly, and the first tile under Games being My Games (which also loads instantly) instead of the market or ads are pretty much everything I wanted.

Huh, I really like the new dash.

Also, if you don't know where something is, just used the Bing tab and search for it.

And, yes, Waypoint should be an app, but for some reason it's listed as a game. It's always under my quickplay though, so not a big deal.

wraparound wraparound wraparound

Is it just me or does it look like the player animations got closer to 3 than they did to Reach? I'd have to see more multiplayer stuff in motion, but the animation looks almost like it's been simplified a bit. Which doesn't matter either way, just something I noticed.

cue next footage showing some fuckawesome assassination animations/chief QTE/campaign events

GhaleonEB

Huh, I really like the new dash.

Also, if you don't know where something is, just used the Bing tab and search for it.

And, yes, Waypoint should be an app, but for some reason it's listed as a game. It's always under my quickplay though, so not a big deal.

I couldn't find it under my games, after I downloaded it; there was no corresponding Hub category. I just skipped into Reach and launched it from there, and got met with an unskippable 30-second T-Mobile ad when I launched the video. Really, MS? I'm in a giant hub devoted to your games and you're trying to sell me cell phones? I was so exasperated I just turned it off. :\

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
"fuckawesome" and "QTE" do not belong in the same sentence, especially when talking about Halo.

Voltron64

*grumble*

Now i dont feel so bad. I thought I was the only one that couldnt find it.

PooBone

I don't know if I was the only one who saw this, but in one of those un-textured clips, it looks like Chief is pulling a box to his hand like a psi-power or force pull sort of gravity gun. If this is what I'm actually seeing, and this force power is actually part of the game, I'm gonna be pretty damn disappointed.

When I first came upon the new dash I couldn't figure out how to start my game. I'm being serious. It's not really intuitive as a small clickable box in the left hand corner.

I couldn't find it under my games, after I downloaded it; there was no corresponding Hub category. I just skipped into Reach and launched it from there, and got met with an unskippable 30-second T-Mobile ad when I launched the video. Really, MS? I'm in a giant hub devoted to your games and you're trying to sell me cell phones? I was so exasperated I just turned it off. :\

Games tab -> My games

It's right in there.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Is it just me or does it look like the player animations got closer to 3 than they did to Reach? I'd have to see more multiplayer stuff in motion, but the animation looks almost like it's been simplified a bit. Which doesn't matter either way, just something I noticed.

cue next footage showing some fuckawesome assassination animations/chief QTE/campaign events

Really? I thought it looked about the same as Reach, but at the spartan IV wireframe bit I can definitely see what you're talking about.

"fuckawesome" and "QTE" do not belong in the same sentence, especially when talking about Halo.

I mean "ripping open FUD doors as you're thrusting your way out of impending doom QTE", not "mash O to curbstomp Poseidon
I mean Didact
" QTE.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I mean ripping open FUD doors as you're thrusting your way out of impending doom QTE, not "mash O to curbstomp Poseidon
I mean Didact
" QTE.
Maybe. Mayyyyyyybe. It could be cool in a Metroid (<3) style escape scene. 90 seconds to get off the FUD before it splodes all over the place. Sprint and thrust (lol) your way around obstacles, and button mash your way through jammed doors.

...No, still sounds like just button mashing. I like my sprinting and thrusting idea, though. :p

Redford

aka Cabbie
Anyone else notice that the weapon in this shot is almost certainly a carbine?

I really think we're just seeing the spartan's blueish armour colour bleed into what we think is the lower stock of a carbine, giving it a purplish hue.

My bet is on forerunner...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Getting online for some Best Halo of All Time right now.

GT = kittens revolt.

Edit : I'm talking about Reach. I'm also being facetious about the Best Halo of All Time thing.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
That's the joke.

Everyone forgets about CEs perfection, instead talks about how good 2 was for some reason. When we progress further on it'll go to 3 for a while right now, and then Reach when 5 comes out.

All I remember in 2 was lag, host, combo, button glitches, no matchmaking, poop.

Trickster

That's the joke.

Everyone forgets about CEs perfection, instead talks about how good 2 was for some reason. When we progress further on it'll go to 3 for a while right now, and then Reach when 5 comes out.

All I remember in 2 was lag, host, combo, button glitches, no matchmaking, poop.

CE was probably the better MP game if you had people to play with. However if like me, you live in a country where halo isn't a mega hit like in the US, and all your friends are pc gamers, then Halo 2's MP is better. Since you can actually play it with people :p

GhaleonEB

I really want to see the b-roll video, just so I can hear more of the audio effects. The 3 seconds or so in the behind the scenes video just packs so much punch. Watching on my TV now (finally) it literally raised the hair on my neck. Really great.

Havok

All I remember in 2 was [snip] no matchmaking [snip]
You must not remember it very well, then.

There have been giant posts and debates on what each game has done better than the others, and people have reasons for their opinions. You might choose to ignore that those reasons have been put out there, or have your own opinions based on your experience (weird how that works), but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
I really want to see the b-roll video, just so I can hear more of the audio effects. The 3 seconds or so in the behind the scenes video just packs so much punch. Watching on my TV now (finally) it literally raised the hair on my neck. Really great.

That sequence is merely a whisper on the breeze.

I have heard things. Things you people wouldn't believe...

Computron

More SlowMo .GIFs:

Click them to see the .GIFs move (20MB a piece!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Top Bottom