• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got bitten by a puppy. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

killatopak

Turns out it was just 6 shots. The last one was reserved if there was an alergic reaction.

One shot for both thighs, both arms, one for the bitten area and another for skin testing.

Thighs and arm shot doesn't hurt at all. Skin test hurts cause it stretches the skin. Finger hurts the most since they injected alot to it that it makes the finger swollen.

Edit: whelp turns out the 7th shot is not for allergy. It's another anti-tetanus. It seems the 2nd shot needed to be taken am hour after the 1st.

You have to slay the original before it's too late

e07a71d208b77a86681b0m1j3h.gif

That's not funny. Poor dog died.

jwick

Unconfirmed Member
Turns out it was just 6 shots. The last one was reserved if there was an alergic reaction.

One shot for both thighs, both arms, one for the bitten area and another for skin testing.

Thighs and arm shot doesn't hurt at all. Skin test hurts cause it stretches the skin. Finger hurts the most since they injected alot to it that it makes the finger swollen.

lol.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Shit like this is why some medicine is becoming ineffective.

If the OP discovers WebMD then they'll single-handedly end humanity.

Luigiv

Lol, you'll be fine. Dogs don't magically get rabies out of thin air, they have to receive it from another animal that's already infected (usually by being bitten) and it's super rare to begin with. A two week old puppy is not going to have rabies.

Shit like this is why some medicine is becoming ineffective.
antibiotic overuse, yeah. Just wanna be clear though that in this case OP is getting vaccines, and "vaccine resistance" through overuse isn't really a thing so you should always get your recommended shots.

Man! Didn't know I had this much power. I feel more confident in myself and it's all about ... the implication. I need a name for my system.

Frostburn

The fact is I don't know if it's rabies or another sickness or if the puppy is just teeting. Basically this is what I observed before I got bitten:

Muscle spasms a little while sleeping.
Curiously wanting to bite everyone.
Vomitting( I only saw this today).
She likes to sleep under couches( i don't know if this constitutes as being sensitive to light)

I'm trying to see of she can drink water normally.

This had me rolling, describing a puppy on such a serious level.

Bitanator

Picture of OP at the doctors

Dude glad you are happy now but you just got seven shots for an owie that a Spiderman Band-Aid and Neosporin could have solved

wedca

Considering how bad a death rabies is, it isn't a bad idea to want to avoid it. Like the odds are really tiny but still. And hell, it was free, that is cool.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I see that this has been resolved (?,) but I'm still not clear on one point. Why would the puppy have rabies? This is somebody's house dog, not a wild mongrel that wandered out of the woods or swam out of the sea, right? Why would it have rabies?

RawNuts

I see that this has been resolved (?,) but I'm still not clear on one point. Why would the puppy have rabies? This is somebody's house dog, not a wild mongrel that wandered out of the woods or swam out of the sea, right? Why would it have rabies?
Because OP is Adrian Monk and dogs are filthy, disgusting, disease-ridden varmints from birth.

Violet_0

Banned
do you feel a frankly disconcerting craving for red meat right now even though you used to be a lifelong vegetarian until that fateful moment yesterday?

Zoe

Serious answer: sounds like OP's area has a serious problem with stray animals, and the dog is allowed to roam around.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Well I guess you got your doubts cleared so it's cool. That puppy bite wouldn't have given you rabies though. 7 rabies shot in the abdomen are kinda worse than that bite.

killatopak

Waiting for OP to let us know he's filed a lawsuit against the owners for negligence and pain and suffering along with demanding the vile beast be put down.

lol I'm not that petty. The dog's owner is a friend of mine.

Serious answer: sounds like OP's area has a serious problem with stray animals, and the dog is allowed to roam around.

This is true. The owner is pretty lazy at cleaning up the dog's mess(pee,poop) so he lets her roam around just in front of the house.

Well I guess you got your doubts cleared so it's cool. That puppy bite wouldn't have given you rabies though. 7 rabies shot in the abdomen are kinda worse than that bite.

They didn't inject it in my stomach but on both arms,legs and the finger itself. It's relatively painless with minor discomfort on the finger since it swelled when they injected a lot in it.

OP you gotta name the dog Nibbles now.

Good idea. The dog still doesn't have a name yet so we just call it puppy.

I really hope you're just messing with us, man.

This did turn out to be a pretty great thread, though.
I was actually half serious half joking when the thread started. Then I talked to my neighbor relative who is a vet. Then shit started getting real.

At the very least, I made people laugh. And thanks for the people who were worried or gave advise.

This is op in a week
latest

You're gonna be fine OP. I was bitten before by a puppy and went to a animal bite center. They said I need to have 7 shots.
I only got 3 out of 7 shots because the health center was flooded by Typhoon Sendong.

gfxtwin

The puppy has tasted blood. Clearly it must now be destroyed.

Or maybe puppies have thinner and sharper teeth and skin-breaking bites can happen easier. But most likely the puppy is the Damien of puppies. You must find the remains of the Jackal and whore that birthed it and perform the ritual to save us all.

The dog doesn't have rabies. Also in case you didn't know, they test animals for rabies by killing them and doing a biopsy of their brain. Try not to be a hypochondriac over this and make someone kill a puppy because it nipped you.
They also can quarantine the animal for a certain period of time to see if symptoms arise (because they develop faster in smaller animals).

killatopak

They also can quarantine the animal for a certain period of time to see if symptoms arise (because they develop faster in smaller animals).

I've seen this posted earlier and forgot to answer. I actually agreed earlier to wait for ten days before and look for signs om the puppy because of the article posted.

The reason I didn't follow through is because my friend is leaving in 5 days along with the puppy. Since the vaccination is free of charge, I just went for it instead of troubling my friend.

My friend has enough trouble as it is so I figured, I should just sacrifice my time since I'm a bit free anyway.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Are you an antivaxxer or something?

Don't fuck around with rabies. Once you start having symptoms it's likely too late.

Did you not see the part where the OP was diagnosing the dog? OP thinks it's possibly rabid because it displays the traits of a puppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom