• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Advance Wars 2 playable in Paris @ MGS 2007 (new pics post #216)

Shiggy

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Why NOA didn't say anything at all at E3 ? Is it really possible that NOE know more then NOA ?

Originally it was announced for Q4, but I don't know why didn't announce it back then. But it's quite weird that they present all this games like BWii etc. in France but neither in Leipzig nor at the E3.

Shiggy said:
Originally it was announced for Q4, but I don't know why didn't announce it back then. But it's quite weird that they present all this games like BWii etc. in France but neither in Leipzig nor at the E3.
Shiggy, you of all people know the reason why. Nintendo has fuck all knowledge of how to do things well towards gamers.

Smash Bros Dojo is a fluke, the exception to the rule.

noonche

mikekennyb said:
Final Fantasy Tactics comes out on PSP in October. It's one of the best strategy RPGs ever, if you haven't played it (or maybe even if you have) you should pick it up.

I've played it, bought it for PSX on release. Don't know if I'll get the PSP release... That said, games like Advance Wars and Military Madness are quite different from strategy RPGs. I've got Jeanne D'Arc right now for those. I think Field Commander or Massive Assault where the last good tactics games I played.

Wow, I figured this'd be a rehash. I guess it's like Field Commander now? Not sure if I like that, I already have FC.

If they were going to reboot the series they should have done it with AWDS1.

AdmiralViscen said:
Wow, I figured this'd be a rehash. I guess it's like Field Commander now? Not sure if I like that, I already have FC.

I love how the game is already a rehash despite us knowing NEXT TO NOTHING about it. He said there was an art style change not that he fundamental gameplay was being completely altered...you're making a mountain out of a molehill

AdmiralViscen said:

Maybe it'll be realistic anime?

Sad_Panda

slaughterking said:
The OP didn't (literaly) say AW is losing his cartoon/anime style. It just seems to be more realistic...like a realistic Anime. Or something.

That's what I said. Guess all the fuss was around the "realistic" bit, eh. C'mon people, I never meant AW DS 2turned into some sort of Command & Conquer. New visual style is actually much more of a blend between BW and good old AW.

StephaneC

jj984jj said:
Just like the Mario Galaxy video and Battalion Wars 2 video they had put up but removed, Nintendo is stopping them.
yes, and i don't understand why ... during the show that was okay

Zoramon089 said:
I love how the game is already a rehash despite us knowing NEXT TO NOTHING about it. He said there was an art style change not that he fundamental gameplay was being completely altered...you're making a mountain out of a molehill

I said it wasn't a rehash, genius. Hence "figure," which is not definitive, in past tense, and then calling it a series reboot. HURR

StephaneC

A Link to the Snitch said:
Well, can you say if it was Field Commander style or just a more realistic anime style?
that look like the first advance war (control/system/graphics) with more possibilities

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Perhaps Nintendo is saving this for the 10th, they already had their tri-monthly retailer meeting last month so whatever they're having this month isn't the same thing.

jj984jj

IzumiK said:
Meh, gimme Dai Senryaku PSP.

Genki! Port it!
Uhh... not sure why you'd ask for that here but there are already 2 Dai Senryaku PSP games and a Dai Senryaku DS.

IzumiK

Banned
jj984jj said:
Uhh... not sure why you'd ask for that here but there are already 2 Dai Senryaku PSP games and a Dai Senryaku DS.

Really? I didn't know there was a DS version. Is it released here?

Jiggy

Sad_Panda said:
New visual style is actually much more of a blend between BW and good old AW.
ARGH. I'd rather have outright photorealistic character stills and drop the hand-drawn art entirely than have a style that leads someone to make even the most offhanded comparison to Battalion Scraps.

Edit:
Or at least from what I'm envisioning. I hope it's nothing like what I'm envisioning right now.

Christine

Jiggy37 said:
Or at least from what I'm envisioning. I hope it's nothing like what I'm envisioning right now.

Stop envisioning, save your energy for when you actually get screens. Then you'll be 100% ready to celebrate or whinge appropriately.

Valtox

Shig said:
This is terrible news. The light-hearted, cartoony artstyle was one of AW's best traits. :(

There's plenty of realistic/serious tactical war games out there (Field Commander, Daisenryaku, Nectaris). We don't need another.
AW can't be bad. It's made by Temporaire Titre, ops! Intelligent System.
To the OP: Was there any sort of packaging, where you could spot the WFC logo?

Caaz

It's in 2D. Post-apocalyptic atmosphere, and the new art style is just awesome. Looks pretty advanced, too. It was on just two DS, I think. Better than the lost Appolo Justice one, at least.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Caaz said:
It's in 2D. Post-apocalyptic atmosphere, and the new art style is just awesome. Looks pretty advanced, too. It was on just two DS, I think. Better than the lost Appolo Justice one, at least.

OMG, someone lost Ace Attorney 4!!!!

Jiggy

TwinIonEngines said:
Stop envisioning, save your energy for when you actually get screens. Then you'll be 100% ready to celebrate or whinge appropriately.
I'm trying, but this is one of my favorite series. To say "I love Advance Wars" implies that there are many things I wouldn't change about it, which in turn implies that any time something does change I get worried.

...Such as this.

Caaz said:
Post-apocalyptic atmosphere
Well, I guess that would be a good reason to believe that the old characters are entirely gone. Orange Star, Green Earth, etc. don't seem capable of being the types who could fit into any kind of already-destroyed world...

jj984jj

Jiggy37 said:
Well, I guess that would be a good reason to believe that the old characters are entirely gone. Orange Star, Green Earth, etc. don't seem capable of being the types who could fit into any kind of already-destroyed world...
Thank God.

Oh, so they're finally going with "War is hell" as opposed to the previous games, where we'd see shit like:

Andy: War's over!
Eagle: It's fun fighting you, Andy!
Andy: Sure is. Wanna fight again?
Eagle: You know it!
*Thousands of people die*
Eagle: That was great.
Andy: Let's do it again sometime!

Yeah, you play through the game, and suddenly it hits you.

"Holy crap there are people dying out there who put these imbeciles in charge of the army ahhhhhhh I lost another Md. Tank'

Caaz

I can't remember the names of the two factions... One was something like "Hyperian", I think (but I'm far from being sure), represented by an howling wolf, and apparently looking for survivors. I didn't play it for too long, unfortunately, and my memory is atrocious. But I found it quite impressive and wasn't really shocked by the way the battles looked. I didn't see it myself, sadly, but my friend (thanks to him for the invitation, by the way) told me he saw a WFC option in the menus.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
ShockingAlberto said:
Oh, so they're finally going with "War is hell" as opposed to the previous games, where we'd see shit like:

Andy: War's over!
Eagle: It's fun fighting you, Andy!
Andy: Sure is. Wanna fight again?
Eagle: You know it!
*Thousands of people die*
Eagle: That was great.
Andy: Let's do it again sometime!

Yeah, that is pretty funny when you think about it.

:lol

Dascu

StephaneC said:
sorry guys but we can't post photos too :/ that's really bad
Can't you let it slip through one of the blogs on JeuxFrance?

Edit: You are Stephane Calonne, no? Then could you tell us what you mean about showing the first footage of the game? Is it embargoed or something?

StephaneC said:
sorry guys but we can't post photos too :/ that's really bad
Have they provided reasons, or do they still hate gamers.

edit: can't you heavily watermark the video, get it round to as many sites as you can ("leak it"), so it gets posted everywhere, its credited to you, nintendo has too much a hard time taking it down from everywhere, gives up, you post the less watermarked version? :p

Top Bottom