• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

Pachimari

I'm behind with an episode but man do I dislike Betty for having treated Chuck like she did earlier in the season. She got some serious issues. But I also feel bad for her the way Jughead treated her for having thrown together that party. He remind some of myself. And I really don't like Valerie either, I just don't see the chemistry between her and Archie, and talking about chemistry, I'm glad Betty and Jugheads relationship is over, hopefully. Or maybe just let it develop for a bit.

I also don't get how Chuck, Cheryl and their friends can just crash the party, yeah I mean Archie was up for the party but they should have really just kicked them out of there.

I kind of like Archie and Ronnie together. They looked sweet.

Also my prediction from the start of Jughead being the killer was totally off and I don't know what drugs I had been taking after the pilot lol. Very interesting though and I'm looking forward to next week.

But is there one or two guns at play? Didn't the Coopers have the gun from fake Grundy at their place? And now a gun was planted at FBs place?

Fou-Lu

So either Jason's dad is the killer or the writers are trying REALLY hard to fake out Twin Peaks fans.
Already suspicious just by being the murder victim's father, but the hair going white overnight?

So either Jason's dad is the killer or the writers are trying REALLY hard to fake out Twin Peaks fans.
Already suspicious just by being the murder victim's father, but the hair going white overnight?

Maintaining multi-generation maple syrup blood feuds will do that to anyone /s

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I also don't get how Chuck, Cheryl and their friends can just crash the party, yeah I mean Archie was up for the party but they should have really just kicked them out of there.

Lol that's what I said. I would've been like "Nope, y'all got to roll up on outta here." I think they literally locked everyone in to. Haha. But it's more fun when the baddies get away with everything

I almost want to change my suspect to Hal, I'm halfway convinced

Joni

Lol that's what I said. I would've been like "Nope, y'all got to roll up on outta here." I think they literally locked everyone in to. Haha. But it's more fun when the baddies get away with everything

I almost want to change my suspect to Hal, I'm halfway convinced
Archie doesn't want to offend his team mates which is why he caves. He is trying to be everyone's friend, which mainly leads to people being mad at him.

VeeP

Did they ever revisit the plot point of Hal stealing the stuff from the Sheriff's office?

No, but I think it'll be addressed in the next two episodes.

What they've failed to address almost completely is Archie's nightmares from hazing. Unless that ties into the killer, I'm not sure if they'll ever resolve that plot point.

doop_

Banned
I think the killer is Mr.Blossom, he was way to happy hearing that Cheryl flushed the ring. Any ideas on where Season 2 could go, will it have a central plotline like this one ?

carlsojo

giphy.gif

I'm sticking to my left field Ethel prediction.

The irony of this gif is Skeet Ulrich(FP Jones) is also in Scream.

Sean C

The aspect of the murder/coverup plot that I have the hardest time figuring out is how F.P. connects to the murderer. If you assume he knows who he's working for, said person is taking a pretty big risk framing him, since it seems like he'd have no reason not to give up whoever it was who hired him.

Pluto

No, but I think it'll be addressed in the next two episodes.

What they've failed to address almost completely is Archie's nightmares from hazing. Unless that ties into the killer, I'm not sure if they'll ever resolve that plot point.
Either I missed an episode or I completely blocked that out, when was Archie hazed?

VeeP

Either I missed an episode or I completely blocked that out, when was Archie hazed?

During his talent show when looking at the football team he imagined them in mask. I can't remember if it was referenced any other time this season.

The hazing was also part of the Riverdale companion comic.

Pluto

Wait, shit, did Alice frame FP???
No, why would you think that?

During his talent show when looking at the football team he imagined them in mask. I can't remember if it was referenced any other time this season.
Oh, I thought that was just his stage fright.

The hazing was also part of the Riverdale companion comic.
If it happened in the comics it's not a plot point for the show. Tie in works don't count.

VeeP

If it happened in the comics it's not a plot point for the show. Tie in works don't count.

I don't think it was just stage fright. He opened up a chest in his room, and in there was a wolf mask. That plus the whole stage thing makes me thing it's meant to be tied to something else.

Oh, cause didn't she have the gun that Betty stole from Grundy?

So she stashed it in FP's trailer to frame him.

Tho I jumped to wild conclusions cause the evidence would vindicate him quick thru ballistics and shit.

SRG01

Tho I jumped to wild conclusions cause the evidence would vindicate him quick thru ballistics and shit.

To be fair though, I think that does make sense in terms of a Chekov's gun scenario:

- Fake Grundy having a gun, taken by Betty
- Betty's mom finds it, keeps it as insurance to frame someone
- She was one of the few that knew FP's dad would be away

Then again, she would need an accomplice to pull it off. She's a former serpent though, so maybe she called someone to do it?

Edit: upon further thinking, it would need to be someone who also knew that Jughead and Betty were looking for the car before it was torched.

Pluto

I don't think it was just stage fright. He opened up a chest in his room, and in there was a wolf mask. That plus the whole stage thing makes me thing it's meant to be tied to something else.
But there's still no hazing plot line.

Why do you assume the gun they found was Grundy's gun. And what motive would Alice even have to frame FP, she mistrusts him and thinks he might have done it but she doesn't have a personal vendetta against him at least not to such a degree that she would frame him for murder.

And if for some reason she wanted to frame him, why have Archie and Veronica look for evidence? That would have been completely unnecessary, all she needed to do was stash the gun there, call the cops and wait.
Archie and Veronica now know FP was framed because the gun wasn't there when they searched the trailer, why on earth would Alice create a scenario were two teenagers know FP was framed when she's the one framing him?

VeeP

But there's still no hazing plot line.

Sure. But we really don't know what it references, if anything.It made sense to me it was some football inititiation type thing. But who knows. I'm just curious if the show will address this plot thread this season. There's more to this than just stage fright.

2017-03-02-riverdale02.jpg

2017-03-02-riverdale03.jpg

Nitemare1

HOLY F'N BALLS!
I just discovered that Alice Cooper was Shelly on twin peaks.
I dont think my brain can handle it .
Hold me Rivergaf! :-/

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
There is a catch, though: Consuelos currently co-stars on Fox’s baseball drama Pitch as general manager Oscar Arguella, and his Riverdale casting is in second position to Pitch, so he’d have to drop the Riverdale role if Pitch is renewed for a second season.
Yeah, like Pitch is getting renewed. :lol
And it was cancelled so now he's free.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/pitch-canceled-one-season-at-fox-999300

aett

Still sticking to my original theory that
---Dilton---
is either the killer or somehow closely involved to it. The character made a sudden reappearance at the birthday party, which felt to me like the writers subtly reminding people of their existence.

Pluto

Still sticking to my original theory that ---Dilton--- is either the killer or somehow closely involved to it. The character made a sudden reappearance at the birthday party, which felt to me like the writers subtly reminding people of their existence.
Dilton as the killer would be weird, he had three small appearances during the season, that would be very anti climactic.

ZeroX03

Banned
Tonight on Riverdale...
T H E K I L L E R R E V E A L

#1.12 "Chapter Twelve: Anatomy of a Murder"
Episode Promo
Inside: Anatomy of a Murder
THINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS AS THEY SEEM - Archie (KJ Apa) and Veronica (Camila Mendes) are shocked to learn of the arrest but know they need to come clean to their parents about what they uncovered. Still hurt by the betrayal of his friends and torn over who to trust, Jughead (Cole Sprouse) reluctantly joins them in a quest for truth. Meanwhile, Cheryl (Madelaine Petsch) confronts her mom about why she treats her so much worse than she ever did with Jason. A moose is revealed as Jason's killer. Lili Reinhart, Luke Perry, Madchen Amick, Marisol Nichols also star. Rob Seidenglanz directed the episode written by Michael Grassi.
riverdale-01x12-anatomy-of-a-murder-a-0174b-992572.jpg

(It's not on S on his shirt. On Jughead's planet it stands for hopeless.)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Based off the promo, which the CW app showed me 10,000 times last night, my super final ultimate mega killer guess is:
Hal Cooper because REVENGE!

It's obviously going to be Smithers, because the butler is always the one who did it.

But for real, sticking with Polly as my prime suspect. Dark Betty was our clue that Dark Polly is a thing too

Top Bottom