• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm proud to have finished the main game before OT3 went up

KHlover

Banned
Man the bigass weapons in this game really suck. Wanted to try
the Dragonslayer Greataxe so I farmed the 3 winged knights until I got my strength to 40
. Alas, I've been spoiled by the Dark Sword and none of the big weapons do as much damage per second and since you can't usually tank a single hit in this game they're not that fun.

I really wonder where they went wrong considering in Bloodborne you could find every weapon useful if you learrned to play with it.

Dunno, with 40 STR, DEX, CON and VIG Greatsword +10 just tears through every enemy I encounter in NG+ like tissue paper. It's indeed slower, but it's so satisfying to throw enemies to the ground with a charged R2 and then pancake them with the charged R2 follow up. 40 VIG also allow you to take a few hits.

Also works really well against bosses, with the exception of the
Ancient Wyvern - DAMN YOU JUMP ATTACK, JUST HIT ;-;
I've one-shotted most bosses so far, even those that I needed to summon help for in NG.

I think I jinxed myself...I can't get the covenant item
Pale tongues
to drop from the
dickwraiths. Funny enough I've gotten over 15 dark sword lol

Kay so while I was grinding for P
ale tounges
I got summoned for A
byss watchers. Me and my host killed the Abyss Watcher moments before another watcher spawned, and the second phase went down even quicker lol

TitusTroy

Man the bigass weapons in this game really suck. Wanted to try
the Dragonslayer Greataxe so I farmed the 3 winged knights until I got my strength to 40
. Alas, I've been spoiled by the Dark Sword and none of the big weapons do as much damage per second and since you can't usually tank a single hit in this game they're not that fun.

I really wonder where they went wrong considering in Bloodborne you could find every weapon useful if you learrned to play with it.

the Dark Sword has excellent damage per second but the Ultra Greatswords have that knock down move which is handy in a tough fight...the Zweihander R2 pushes the enemy away and throws them to the ground...I think the other GS weapons do something similar...lots of enemies just swing through the Dark Sword damage

Hikami

I thought I was done with this game after I got all the achievements.. started up a new character anyways to play around with pyromancy. Can't escape the souls.

brawly

The
princes
(boss spoiler) are just straight up bullshit.

edit: lol and now I just beat them while being hollow. Typical.

Skii

This feels very end game now.

I've just progressed through the Archives. Brilliant area. This is how the Duke's Archives should've been. There are plenty of shortcuts and the verticality on this level is great.

The only problem is that this play session was absolutely marred with constant freezes. I don't know what happened. I restarted the PC but it keeps persisting. I don't really know how I negotiated this area so well with all those freezes. There were plenty of tough enemies to face.

Anyway,
I defeated those 3 fat winged knights and got another Titanite Slab! That's pretty sweet. I proceeded up those stairs and the boss room screams final boss to me. It's a shame that this is the end. I'm at 33 hours but I never expected DS3 to be shorter than BB for me haha. I'll face whatever boss it is tomorrow. Assuming it's Prince Lothric.

Because I assume this is the final boss, I need some help with the endings because I'm really confused lol.

I have these black eyes of a firekeeper which I know affects the ending. Do I give them to the Firekeeper now? Apparently that activates two mutually exclusive endings.

But if I don't give the eyes at all to the firekeeper, do I get different ending?

I know there's a hidden ending which I most likely haven't reached the requirements for. It must be the true ending and I'll do that on my second run.

Anyway, some non-spoiler clarity on how to get the endings would be much appreciated :D

Btw, I healed the Dark Sigil as I knew it was hollowing me. I dunno if that has affected anything at all

Dahbomb

Alright someone tell me how to get these Covenant items specifically the ones needed for the Platinum. I completed the Sunlight Medal one but I can't seem to get summoned by the other ones.

SDR-UK

Alright someone tell me how to get these Covenant items specifically the ones needed for the Platinum. I completed the Sunlight Medal one but I can't seem to get summoned by the other ones.

Farm the Silver Knights for Proofs, farm the Ghru for Wolfblade Grass and invade/get summoned as a Mound Maker for shackles.

Dahbomb

So I don't need to complete Way of Blue/Sentinel and Aldrich?

I think MM covenant I can do but the other two seem like a lot of grinding.

Arjen

This feels very end game now.

I've just progressed through the Archives. Brilliant area. This is how the Duke's Archives should've been. There are plenty of shortcuts and the verticality on this level is great.

Yeah it's amazing, I think it's my favorite area in the game.

The only problem is that this play session was absolutely marred with constant freezes. I don't know what happened. I restarted the PC but it keeps persisting. I don't really know how I negotiated this area so well with all those freezes. There were plenty of tough enemies to face.

There was a mini-patch yesterday and now everyone is experiencing stuttering and freezing. Every patch this stuttering gets worse :(

On top of the ones mentioned, Dickwraiths drop Pale Tounges and the Deacons drop Human Dregs

burgerdog

Getting the invading medals was some of the most fun I've had in the game. I liked it so much that I did not coop for even one sunbro medal, I just invaded people for those, too.

Getting the invading medals was some of the most fun I've had in the game. I liked it so much that I did not coop for even one sunbro medal, I just invaded people for those, too.

I decided to farm for some of em. I suck at PvP so while I got a few for putting my invasion sign down it took a long time to get summoned and many times I just died.

I'll PvP normally after I finish all achievements :p

burgerdog

So Kay and ENB both completely do not realize that you can use the start menu belt for useful but not worth having on your quick belt bar.

Sarcasm

Spent like 2 hours cooping. Summoned 16 times, got 10 sunbro medals. Mainly because netcode sucks.

The 6 I didn't get were mainly because it wouldn't let me past the fog gate even though I watched him go in, can even get hit by the boss.

Two of my wins the boss did nothing and it looked life no damage was being done. Then bam dead! The just wasn't lagging either and neither of us took damage.

Dark Archdragon Peak??? Is that a NG+ thing or a bug introduced by the new patch?

26394286803_a3d4263ecf_o.png

brawly

I'm currently dishing out 608 dps one handed normal attack with the
Profaned Greatsword +5

The GOAT for me.

Spent like 2 hours cooping. Summoned 16 times, got 10 sunbro medals. Mainly because netcode sucks.

The 6 I didn't get were mainly because it wouldn't let me past the fog gate even though I watched him go in, can even get hit by the boss.

Two of my wins the boss did nothing and it looked life no damage was being done. Then bam dead! The just wasn't lagging either and neither of us took damage.

Have you ever been summoned and had the host slide around, and the boss slid around too and didn't ever attack?

But I've been summoned many times where we'd whack the boss and the health would go down then back up immediately

Syder

What's the best way to get summoned as a Blue Sentinel/Darkmoon? It's still only ever happened to me once. Wish there was a blue eye orb or something.

TitusTroy

what do you need to do to get the Master of Infusion achievement?...infuse weapons with all the available gems?...how many gems are there?...can I infuse the gems on different weapons?

Sarcasm

Have you ever been summoned and had the host slide around, and the boss slid around too and didn't ever attack?

But I've been summoned many times where we'd whack the boss and the health would go down then back up immediately

That is my second comment, exactly what happened. Except the host did not do much sliding. Very little compared to the boss. Keep whacking you win eventually lol.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What's the best way to get summoned as a Blue Sentinel/Darkmoon? It's still only ever happened to me once. Wish there was a blue eye orb or something.

I actually just finished getting the 30 proof of concepts and only one dropped from an enemy. I didn't do anything special though. I'm on PC if that makes a difference. I just equipped the darkmoon covenant and would get summoned a few times a session.

Syder

I actually just finished getting the 30 proof of concepts and only one dropped from an enemy. I didn't do anything special though. I'm on PC if that makes a difference. I just equipped the darkmoon covenant and would get summoned a few times a session.
On my list of "what I really miss from Dark Souls 2".
I wish the white sign soapstone would work for Blues like it does for Mound-Makers. Hosts see your sign appear blue but it only appears if there's already an invader in their world.

onionfrog

I made a sunbro character.
Is there a list somewhere of recommended character and weapon levels you should be at to help people co-op each boss?

I made a sunbro character.
Is there a list somewhere of recommended character and weapon levels you should be at to help people co-op each boss?
I don't think so. If you're 110-130 everywhere is good since NG & NG+ aren't separate. I think A
ldrich
is good for around 60 and L
othric
is good if you're in the 80s.

JerkShep

I've beaten Pontiff on my SL1 run. Damn that felt good, especially since I nailed a couple of parries in the first phase. Here is the video of the fight if someone's interested.

Dancer Phase 2 is still a work in progress though :(

Who said heavy builds werent viable in PVP? My heavy Eygon of Carim build is absolutely wrecking people. lol No one knows how to deal with a player that actually uses a shield hahah

Top Bottom